Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

NYC: Illegals demand severance after being fired from bakery

Post by USN_Hokie »

... after DHS audit :
“It’s so unfair what happened,” Alejandro Teutle, 28, told the Daily News through a translator Saturday. “Me and my co-workers gave many years of hard work ... a lot of work ... to lift up the company and to make it what it is today.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/que ... -1.3089711
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: NYC: Illegals demand severance after being fired from ba

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

It has been ILLEGAL and a CRIME to hire illegal aliens for thirty years and all employers have been required to obtain proper documentation upon hiring. How in the world is it anyone's "fault" that these people were fired? It's not a new "policy" of any administration. If you work for a reputable company, then they followed the law and you had to prove that you were legally able to work here at the time of your hire.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:It has been ILLEGAL and a CRIME to hire illegal aliens for thirty years and all employers have been required to obtain proper documentation upon hiring. How in the world is it anyone's "fault" that these people were fired? It's not a new "policy" of any administration. If you work for a reputable company, then they followed the law and you had to prove that you were legally able to work here at the time of your hire.
And there you have the key to greatly reducing illegal immigration. Take away the incentives.

Businesses have incentives to hire illegals, cheaper labor, the illegals have incentives to come to the US (education for their kids, jobs, gov benefits, etc). Take those incentives away from all of them and the problem will quickly begin to fix itself. Companies are required to verify work status when an employee is hired, if they don't, big fines. People who use illegal or fake documents (yes we know who they are, the same documents are being used over and over) get fired and deported for fraud.

No benefits, prove you are in the country for kids to enroll in school and guess what. Many will leave on their own.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Ummm where on EARTH do minimum wage/menial workers get "severance"?? regardless of status? ummm nowhere.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

USN_Hokie wrote:... after DHS audit :
“It’s so unfair what happened,” Alejandro Teutle, 28, told the Daily News through a translator Saturday. “Me and my co-workers gave many years of hard work ... a lot of work ... to lift up the company and to make it what it is today.

And they'll sue and, most likely, win.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie5150 wrote:

I don't see that standing, they'd be honoring illegal contracts which undermines a lot of laws.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

I don't see that standing, they'd be honoring illegal contracts which undermines a lot of laws.
Liberal judges don't care about laws.....they are more concerned with legislating form their benches.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Liberal judges don't care about laws.....they are more concerned with legislating form their benches.
Yep, but a sensible person will overrule them eventually.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:

You think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

So this has happened before?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:

well you can sue a turnip but they won't win unless they have employment contracts with severance in them and the contracts would be voided anyways as any standard contract has in it that you are eligible to work in the USA
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

well you can sue a turnip but they won't win unless they have employment contracts with severance in them and the contracts would be voided anyways as any standard contract has in it that you are eligible to work in the USA
Ya sure about that bub, because I would be shocked if UWS legal beagles would go off half-cocked about something and post out of their ass. I betcha fitty and hambone are putting the finishing touches on a fine memo with caselaw supporting the notion that undocumented employees probably working under a false ID can obtain severance from their employer.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

Ya sure about that bub, because I would be shocked if UWS legal beagles would go off half-cocked about something and post out of their ass. I betcha fitty and hambone are putting the finishing touches on a fine memo with caselaw supporting the notion that undocumented employees probably working under a false ID can obtain severance from their employer.

I would feel pretty good from an HR perspective. The bakery offered them 1 week for each year of service plus payout of unused PTO. That's pretty standard and fair. Saying they deserve more is a poor defense, especially when they weren't eligible to work at all and were given a chance to find their documents.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:

I would feel pretty good from an HR perspective. The bakery offered them 1 week for each year of service plus payout of unused PTO. That's pretty standard and fair. Saying they deserve more is a poor defense, especially when they weren't eligible to work at all and were given a chance to find their documents.
Nope. Fitty says they are probably going to win.