Business Administration is lost on some folks...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Business Administration is lost on some folks...

Post by Major Kong »

that also includes economics, marketing and common sense.

Caitlan Clark was the 1st pick in yesterday's draft, her contract from the Indiana Fever is listed below.

The non business folks are going crazy, they're outraged! Vexed...why isn't her contract like a NBA contract?

Well d'uh...the WNBA has never come close to turning a profit. It has to be greatly subsidized by the NBA.

Besides her endorsement deals I'd say will be very gooderly.

As an aside Liz Kitley went in the 2nd round to the Las Vegas Aces..the best team in the WNBA...where she'll get to be tutored by Candice Clark, a damned good player. No telling how high Liz would have gone if not for the knee injury. She'll have to sit out this year.
GLPlhbrW8AAcBIb.jpg
GLPlhbrW8AAcBIb.jpg (142.73 KiB) Viewed 72 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Business Administration is lost on some folks...

Post by BigDave »

Are those really the salaries? If it's either that or working at McDonald's, then okay, fine. But if you're smart (as this person seems to be?) why would you even want to play for the WNBA instead of, say, being some sort of engineer where your salary starts out higher?

For Caitlin, she is recognizable enough of a name that there are endorsement $$$ to be made, which will probably be more than your WNBA contract. But if you're some woman nobody has ever heard of ... this hardly seems worth your time.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:51 pm Are those really the salaries? If it's either that or working at McDonald's, then okay, fine. But if you're smart (as this person seems to be?) why would you even want to play for the WNBA instead of, say, being some sort of engineer where your salary starts out higher?

For Caitlin, she is recognizable enough of a name that there are endorsement $$$ to be made, which will probably be more than your WNBA contract. But if you're some woman nobody has ever heard of ... this hardly seems worth your time.
I doubt 1% of WNBA players have mental capacity for engineering.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 pm
BigDave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:51 pm Are those really the salaries? If it's either that or working at McDonald's, then okay, fine. But if you're smart (as this person seems to be?) why would you even want to play for the WNBA instead of, say, being some sort of engineer where your salary starts out higher?

I doubt 1% of WNBA players have mental capacity for engineering.
Tru……..

Didn’t she get offered a $million to play in Ice-T or someone’s 3 on 3 basketball league?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function