I'm glad that the truckers are getting ticketed

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Re: I'm glad that the truckers are getting ticketed

Post by Techmomof2 »

The truckers reported that the cops are smiling and waving. They are in close touch about the entire event.
nolanvt wrote:This is the kind of stuff that gets you tickets.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Techmomof2 wrote:The truckers reported that the cops are smiling and waving. They are in close touch about the entire event.

Keep on trucking! Love it. And thank God for back roads :)
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Here's a link that includes MD, VA, and DC traffic camer

Post by cwtcr hokie »

as with a lot of the rest of the gov. a lot of the cameras are not working
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

I fully support their right to annoy the crap out of people, even more than they usually do.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

FTR semi's are a truckin' both Southbound and Northbound on I-81 through Marion as normal. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:FTR semi's are a truckin' both Southbound and Northbound on I-81 through Marion as normal. :D
95 was one more nightmare with the rain, protesting truckers, and wrecks. It was like summertime vacation traffic.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:95 was one more nightmare with the rain, protesting truckers, and wrecks. It was like summertime vacation traffic.
I-81 down this way is a freakin' nightmare. I live on a hill on the North side of I-81 about a ½ mile off the road, between Marion and Seven Mile Ford...24hrs a day/7 days a week/365 days a year semi's are truckin'...the Commonwealth will not make I-81 6 or 8 lane even though the studies show it's necessary...it gets easier a bit from Exit 7 in Bristol, VA to just below Exit 74A in Bristol, TN where it's 6 lanes.

Ya ought to see I-81 when it's race week...barrels of fun. :P

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:95 was one more nightmare with the rain, protesting truckers, and wrecks. It was like summertime vacation traffic.
I-81 down this way is a freakin' nightmare. I live on a hill on the North side of I-81 about a ½ mile off the road, between Marion and Seven Mile Ford...24hrs a day/7 days a week/365 days a year semi's are truckin'...the Commonwealth will not make I-81 6 or 8 lane even though the studies show it's necessary...it gets easier a bit from Exit 7 in Bristol, VA to just below Exit 74A in Bristol, TN where it's 6 lanes.

Ya ought to see I-81 when it's race week...barrels of fun. :P
I bet. I used to hate going through Fancy Gap on 77 down that way. It's gorgeous scenery, but too winding and narrow with the commercial traffic. And then the truckers that like to pass at 45 mph on the left hand lane going up hill. I drove 81 to 40 my first trip across the country. That was loads of fun with snow and trailer in tow :) But that was small potatoes compared to going through Albuquerque and then down the 15 by San Bernardino. Full trailer, cars doing 90 mph, 15% grade, pucker factor 10. Especially being an east coast boy and thinking Charlottesville was "mountainous". What we call mountains on the east coast are called hills on the west coast. But of course what the call rivers, we call creeks. America is a wonderful place.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:I bet. I used to hate going through Fancy Gap on 77 down that way. It's gorgeous scenery, but too winding and narrow with the commercial traffic. And then the truckers that like to pass at 45 mph on the left hand lane going up hill. I drove 81 to 40 my first trip across the country. That was loads of fun with snow and trailer in tow :) But that was small potatoes compared to going through Albuquerque and then down the 15 by San Bernardino. Full trailer, cars doing 90 mph, 15% grade, pucker factor 10. Especially being an east coast boy and thinking Charlottesville was "mountainous". What we call mountains on the east coast are called hills on the west coast. But of course what the call rivers, we call creeks. America is a wonderful place.
Yeah I-40 across the US is funnerly! :D

My Dad & I hauled my Cargo trailer with my '06 Santa Fe in November '06 on the Alaska HWY in a winter storm that was a heller storm that I never want to see around here. We didn't get out of the snow until the 4th day just west of Edmonton and didn't get above freezing until we were south of Winnipeg on the 5th day just before entering the US in North Dakota...great weather from there all the way into Saltville 2 days later.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I bet. I used to hate going through Fancy Gap on 77 down that way. It's gorgeous scenery, but too winding and narrow with the commercial traffic. And then the truckers that like to pass at 45 mph on the left hand lane going up hill. I drove 81 to 40 my first trip across the country. That was loads of fun with snow and trailer in tow :) But that was small potatoes compared to going through Albuquerque and then down the 15 by San Bernardino. Full trailer, cars doing 90 mph, 15% grade, pucker factor 10. Especially being an east coast boy and thinking Charlottesville was "mountainous". What we call mountains on the east coast are called hills on the west coast. But of course what the call rivers, we call creeks. America is a wonderful place.
Yeah I-40 across the US is funnerly! :D

My Dad & I hauled my Cargo trailer with my '06 Santa Fe in November '06 on the Alaska HWY in a winter storm that was a heller storm that I never want to see around here. We didn't get out of the snow until the 4th day just west of Edmonton and didn't get above freezing until we were south of Winnipeg on the 5th day just before entering the US in North Dakota...great weather from there all the way into Saltville 2 days later.
That sounds awesome! Alaska is one of the few states I haven't visited. It's on the bucket list for sure. Would be double cool to drive on that Alaska HWY.

KS gets credit for being the most boring state to drive through. I think ND gives it a run for the money. Western ND is pretty cool though at the painted desert. Snoozeville outside of there. I like how they bale every blade of grass they can get their hands on. When I drove through, they were baling the medians! I think they're one of the primary suppliers for Texas cattle. The plains are so flat that I picked up an Albuquerque AM station there. I didn't think much of it at first, but then realized that's a station pretty much in Mexico broadcasting to pretty much Canada. What we call hills, they call mountains!

I think I could be one of the Montana Mountain Men. I absolutely love the whole mountain west region. It's like you have the whole place to yourself, no one for miles and miles. The rockies are simply spectacular out there. Tons of wild game, winding and trout filled streams, plus spectacular mountain peaks. But my mango Wilderness Ride 135 would not really fit in with local's idea of a kayak :). I'd have to get a tan or other color you'd expect to find at Orvis. While pretty and cool (as in not get too hot under the sun), they look like a sand bar to jet skis and motor boats or just blend in. I need maximum brightness on the bay for visibility to other boaters, so zanny colors. Other than that, I'm set! A float down the Snake River would be most gooderly.

Damn it, not I miss it! Time for a road trip. I made it from Yellowstone to VA in 2 days, without a copilot and taking the scenic route through ND, got a beer with some friends in Chicago, and then down through the Allegheny Mountains. My arse was hauling. If they ever open the parks back up :evil: , I plan on renting an RV or riding with the FIL in his from Phoenix to Yellowstone. Take a couple weeks and stop throughout UT, MT, etc. It may bore the crap out the kids and end up like Vacation and me giving Rusty his first beer, but I'll fish my rear off and relax in the most secluded areas of this wonderful land.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Dozens, not thousands, show up for DC trucker protest

I presume they're going to blame Obama for orchestrating the bad weather.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HooFighter wrote:Dozens, not thousands, show up for DC trucker protest

I presume they're going to blame Obama for orchestrating the bad weather.
Figured it would be a bust. Most respectable, hard-working truckers don't have the time to participate in nonsense that only wastes gas money and less earnings from not hauling.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:Figured it would be a bust. Most respectable, hard-working truckers don't have the time to participate in nonsense that only wastes gas diesel money and less earnings from not hauling.
FTFY :mrgreen: