Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Republicans taking military strategy lessons from France

Post by BigDave »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... Government

Really? We're not only going to back off on everything we were asking for (with the exception of repealing the medical device tax - a repeal that already got something like 80 votes in the Senate and would have easily passed regardless of whether it was a part of a "deal"), but we're also going to raise spending above the sequester levels???

The democrat CR raised non-defense spending $31 billion over sequester levels and cut defense spending by $13 billion under sequester levels. (Keep in mind that both of these numbers are annualized - the CR was really only for a month and a half.)

So I have no idea how far above sequester levels the Republican bill is going to be, but if it's worse than what democrats were already proposing, then that's really ridiculous. I would think we could have continued spending at sequester levels without negotiating anything ... we should be starting there and working down, not up.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Republicans taking military strategy lessons from France

Post by awesome guy »

Outrageous, they're stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. Make Obama give something too.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

THIS is the reason the GOP's popularity rating is so low. They refuse to stand and fight for the things that we elected them to go to DC to do!!! Do they think the public will reward them with more favorable ratings by surrendering everything (and then some) to the democrats? Who is going to view them favorably? Certainly not democrats that will not vote for them no matter what, so the only people they have a chance of winning are the conservatives/tea party people that were supporting their efforts to defund Obamacare. The wimpy RINOs kept whining about how there was no strategy in shutting down the government, now we need to demand they tell us what the strategy is behind surrender.
BigDave wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... Government

Really? We're not only going to back off on everything we were asking for (with the exception of repealing the medical device tax - a repeal that already got something like 80 votes in the Senate and would have easily passed regardless of whether it was a part of a "deal"), but we're also going to raise spending above the sequester levels???

The democrat CR raised non-defense spending $31 billion over sequester levels and cut defense spending by $13 billion under sequester levels. (Keep in mind that both of these numbers are annualized - the CR was really only for a month and a half.)

So I have no idea how far above sequester levels the Republican bill is going to be, but if it's worse than what democrats were already proposing, then that's really ridiculous. I would think we could have continued spending at sequester levels without negotiating anything ... we should be starting there and working down, not up.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... Government

Again, I think this is BS misinformation. Boehner doesn't have the votes to agree to anything that lifts sequestration. The same faction that is holding his feet to the fire over Obamacare/debt ceiling wouldn't stand for it.