Umm... Florida? This story is horrible...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Umm... Florida? This story is horrible...

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: Umm... Florida? This story is horrible...

Post by Florida Hokie »

YEah. Apparently, this guy was a mental case. He lives with his parents. The neighbors reported that there's never been any kind of issue with him involving other people but that the police had been to the house quite a bit for altercations between the parents and sons. THey did not see this coming apparently. I feel for them and the little girl.

The BEst Buy employees did a stand up job though.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Umm... Florida? This story is horrible...

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:YEah. Apparently, this guy was a mental case. He lives with his parents. The neighbors reported that there's never been any kind of issue with him involving other people but that the police had been to the house quite a bit for altercations between the parents and sons. THey did not see this coming apparently. I feel for them and the little girl.

The BEst Buy employees did a stand up job though.
The story made it sound like he was familiar with the victim (and victim's family)? Do you know what, if any, relationship there was?

I've told this story before...when I was a kid, there was a neighbor 3 houses down from us with an adopted kid who "wasn't all there." He looked like a completely normal teenager, but had the capacity of a 5yo. One time when he locked himself out of his house, he came to our house looking for help - he watched disney movies until his parents got home. He appeared completely harmless.

The family moved 1 year or so later and we heard from another neighbor a year afterwards that he had kidnapped a little girl, raped her, and then beat her to death with a baseball bat when she wouldn't stop crying.

Horrible story, but it's a good segue into the discussion of how we treat mental illness in this country...

http://champpenal.revues.org/7563