California Begins Confiscating Legally-Purchased Guns

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

California Begins Confiscating Legally-Purchased Guns

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
burgrugby
Alma Mater: Hokie through and through
Party: Indy - leaning pub

Re: California Begins Confiscating Legally-Purchased Guns

Post by burgrugby »

This is not going to end well. Eventually someone is going to get fed up and start shooting back.
awesome guy wrote:WOW
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Link?
cardboard

Post by cardboard »

click on "WOW" in the first post
USN_Hokie wrote:Link?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

click "WOW" above.

Otherwise http://downtrend.com/travis/california- ... ased-guns/
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
click "WOW" above.

On my iPod, links don't seem to work in tapatalk. I don't know if there is a trick to it or what but when I click nothing happens.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
click "WOW" above.

On my iPod, links don't seem to work in tapatalk. I don't know if there is a trick to it or what but when I click nothing happens.
same here on my Samsung S4 Galaxy.

Try
http://downtrend.com/travis/california- ... ased-guns/
or http://downtrend.com/travis/california- ... ased-guns/
or test link
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
click "WOW" above.

same here on my Samsung S4 Galaxy.

Try
http://downtrend.com/travis/california- ... ased-guns/
or http://downtrend.com/travis/california- ... ased-guns/
or test link
now they all work but are treating url as a literal.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
click "WOW" above.

I'm on tapatalk, it seems like the links don't work when there's a text title for it. When just the link is pasted, it works fine.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Second link works, thanks.

This is the same BS they're playing in MD. They're looking in SEALED juvenile records on the basis that someone applying to buy a gun is an open investigation. This is BS, because that citizen cannot request to view their records or open an investigation.

That's right - people are being denied the purchase of a gun (and having all the guns in their home confiscated at gunpoint) via information gleaned from court records that the applicant isn't able to even view.

They haven't even expanded the list of prohibited persons...they're just broadening their interpretation of what puts someone in that prohibited category. For example...taking a kid who went to juvenile court for a fistfight at school and then having a police officer make an arbitrary decision that your fistfight would correlate to 1st degree assault and thus, your right to own a firearm is gone.

Did I mention that some of these juvenile cases were PBJ? PBJ shouldn't correlate to any conviction.

They're also denying people because they have an "open investigation" in their records (for a security clearance, not a crime), or unpaid tickets (MVA is one of the databases MSP checks).

This is why I laugh when people claim that voters are being disenfranchised because they're forced to show one ID before voting. Supplying two forms of ID is just the beginning of the headache in a gun purchase....a process which currently takes well over 100 days in the state of MD....
RWNJ
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

I've read a lot of posts here and in other places where the responder claims "they would have to pry his gun from his cold dead fingers" and "they better not try that excrement with me" etc, etc, etc. What is your honest answer to the question, "what if they come to confiscate your gun?" Are you really willing to stand up to a crew of cops or military that have come to get your gun? How do you really fight this kind of bullshirt? Be honest.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
click "WOW" above.

If it has the link codes before and after the link, tapatalk doesn't recognize it.... I think.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RWNJ wrote:I've read a lot of posts here and in other places where the responder claims "they would have to pry his gun from his cold dead fingers" and "they better not try that excrement with me" etc, etc, etc. What is your honest answer to the question, "what if they come to confiscate your gun?" Are you really willing to stand up to a crew of cops or military that have come to get your gun? How do you really fight this kind of bullshirt? Be honest.
What guns?
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RWNJ wrote:I've read a lot of posts here and in other places where the responder claims "they would have to pry his gun from his cold dead fingers" and "they better not try that excrement with me" etc, etc, etc. What is your honest answer to the question, "what if they come to confiscate your gun?" Are you really willing to stand up to a crew of cops or military that have come to get your gun? How do you really fight this kind of bullshirt? Be honest.
What guns?
"I don't have that gun anymore, officer. I went to go clean it just yesterday and it was gone. I had just picked up the phone to report it stolen when you knocked. Oh, you want to come in and look for yourself? Just let me see your warrant."
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
What guns?
"I don't have that gun anymore, officer. I went to go clean it just yesterday and it was gone. I had just picked up the phone to report it stolen when you knocked. Oh, you want to come in and look for yourself? Just let me see your warrant."
"I keep my guns under my copy of the constitution".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Answer the question HONESTLY of who you were in TSL and I'll give you my answer.
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

Considering people submit to daily state violations of their liberty, having 30%-50% of their income confiscated, licenses/permits for everything under the sun... I doubt their gun will be the the tipping point, especially if confronted by multiple armed agents.

A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Marine Hokie wrote:Considering people submit to daily state violations of their liberty, having 30%-50% of their income confiscated, licenses/permits for everything under the sun... I doubt their gun will be the the tipping point, especially if confronted by multiple armed agents.

I still don't think that door-to-door confiscation will ever happen in the us. Besides the legal and moral issues, it's just too damn resource-intensive.

Liberals would be content just banning everything and picking up people one by one as they mess up for something else. Just one example: In NY state, the government has a database of who owns a newly-banned firearm and is supposedly asking people for "proof" that their contraband has been destroyed before renewing licenses and such.

The other tactic (which we already discussed) is not banning firearms, but rather, banning people.

Besides, if you're too scared to use or be seen with a gun, how is that any different from your guns being taken away already? There's a good unattributed quote in the gun culture: "If it's time bury them [your guns ], then it's time to dig them up." Point is, if jack-booted thugs are going to show up at your door, then it's too late already.
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

I agree with you, I was just responding to RWNJ's hypothetical. They're content to slowly chip away at when and where you can carry them, buy them, make them, etc.
USN_Hokie wrote:
Marine Hokie wrote:Considering people submit to daily state violations of their liberty, having 30%-50% of their income confiscated, licenses/permits for everything under the sun... I doubt their gun will be the the tipping point, especially if confronted by multiple armed agents.

I still don't think that door-to-door confiscation will ever happen in the us. Besides the legal and moral issues, it's just too damn resource-intensive.

Liberals would be content just banning everything and picking up people one by one as they mess up for something else. Just one example: In NY state, the government has a database of who owns a newly-banned firearm and is supposedly asking people for "proof" that their contraband has been destroyed before renewing licenses and such.

The other tactic (which we already discussed) is not banning firearms, but rather, banning people.

Besides, if you're too scared to use or be seen with a gun, how is that any different from your guns being taken away already? There's a good unattributed quote in the gun culture: "If it's time bury them [your guns ], then it's time to dig them up." Point is, if jack-booted thugs are going to show up at your door, then it's too late already.
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Marine Hokie wrote:I agree with you, I was just responding to RWNJ's hypothetical. They're content to slowly chip away at when and where you can carry them, buy them, make them, etc.
USN_Hokie wrote:

Roger, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise - was just typing out loud.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

It's a problem with TT4.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

If you have to lie to get people out of their house, and you can't get a search warrant to perform the activity, then that should be a clear indicator that what you are doing is wrong.

Not to mention a complete waste of time. Also, the funds were diverted from the fund that is used to perform background checks. They should either improve the background check system, or lower the taxes imposed on gun purchases.