Politico says Carson admitted fabrication. Carson not

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Politico says Carson admitted fabrication. Carson not

Post by oaktonhokie »

cited in story.

His campaign manager was. There is a difference.

Whoever is selling a fine tooth combs to the media is making lots of money these days.

I am not sure how serious an error this would be for Carson. Maybe a slip of memory, may be an embellishment.

Certainly it will hurt his credibility and his standing as the most honest candidate.

And isn't that the point, after all?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/b ... int-215598
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Politico says Carson admitted fabrication. Carson not

Post by awesome guy »

So the contention is all cost being covered vs. it being a full scholarship? Ok
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Maybe someone should vet politico for lying in their headline.

awesome guy wrote:So the contention is all cost being covered vs. it being a full scholarship? Ok
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

You'd think if you were an accomplished brain surgeon and had reached the level of success that he did then you wouldn't have to lie about your past in order to make yourself look better.

And you guys like to call Obama a narcissist....

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Maybe he lied.

Maybe.

Maybe he embellished, maybe.

Maybe he forgot. Maybe his memory of what happened 40 years prior was not crystal clear.

How many times did fat Hillary and wild bill say, "I don't recall," or "I don't remember," or "I'm not sure," when testifying.

But we know fat Hillary lies all the time. She's a Clinton.

Sniper fire, you ok with that lie?
All the bengazhi lies....let me pick the one that everyone knows, that she thought it was a video, after telling others that it was not.
Cattle futures, you buy that one?

Same, same?

HooFighter wrote:You'd think if you were an accomplished brain surgeon and had reached the level of success that he did then you wouldn't have to lie about your past in order to make yourself look better.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

So, wait a minute.
He met with Westmoreland, who apparently told Carson that Carson could get into West Point, and others there cited his grades and background, insinuating a scholarship would be offerred. The scholarship was never formally forwarded because admission to West Point was never formally pursued. And that is the problem?

LMAO @ the left.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:You'd think if you were an accomplished brain surgeon and had reached the level of success that he did then you wouldn't have to lie about your past in order to make yourself look better.

What lie? Tell me the difference between being told that he could attend with "0 cost" vs. a scholarship? If this is all you guys have then get ready for President Carson.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:
I am not sure how serious an error this would be for Carson. Maybe a slip of memory, may be an embellishment.
That seems like a heck of a benefit of the doubt you're giving him. If he were a Democrat, you would skewer him.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

He has high ratings for trust and honesty.

Fat Hillary has low ratings for trust and honesty.

Nothing they can do to get theClinton's numbers up, so they have to bring carson's numbers down.

Same as with the economy. Don't help the people at the bottom, punish the people at the top. Even if you have to lie.

RiverguyVT wrote:So, wait a minute.
He met with Westmoreland, who apparently told Carson that Carson could get into West Point, and others there cited his grades and background, insinuating a scholarship would be offerred. The scholarship was never formally forwarded because admission to West Point was never formally pursued. And that is the problem?

LMAO @ the left.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:
That seems like a heck of a benefit of the doubt you're giving him. If he were a Democrat, you would skewer him.
Again, can you tell us the difference between being told he could attend with 0 cost vs. a scholarship?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:
If he were a democrat, it wouldn't have been covered in the first place. We wouldn't know. And at the very least, old records would be "lost" leaving the question uverifiable.
Salute the Marines
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:
Again, can you tell us the difference between being told he could attend with 0 cost vs. a scholarship?

West Point says he never applied. You don't offer scholarships to people that didn't apply.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:

West Point says he never applied. You don't offer scholarships to people that didn't apply.
When a 4-star general tells you you're in, if you want to go, and that cost is not a factor, and you choose not to even apply, later it is okay to say that you could have gone to west point on scholarship.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:

The general told him he could attend with 0 cost (as that's the way West Point operates). Carson erroneously said it was a scholarship when it's really just the way everyone goes to West Point, free ride with 4 years of military service. Carson didn't lie, he just didn't understand West Point and misconstrued the 0 cost aspect as a scholarship. Big deal, he was a 17 year old kid from the ghetto. It's not like he totally fabricated the story, he just misunderstood how the place operates.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

You should work for nbc.

I said, "maybe he lied."
I said, "maybe he embellished."

We KNOW fat Hillary lied, and continues to lie.

And I would not have skewered a lib in the same circumstances. It is possible to be a partisan and be honest.

For some people.

BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:

When a 4-star general tells you you're in, if you want to go, and that cost is not a factor, and you choose not to even apply, later it is okay to say that you could have gone to west point on scholarship.

Well, that's not exactly right either. You can say they wanted you to go with them paying for everything, but it's not technically a scholarship. This is a misspoke/Carson not understanding the process at West Point. It's not a lie or fabrication. The encounters and 0 cost education are true, it's just not technically a scholarship.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

RiverguyVT wrote:When a 4-star general tells you you're in, if you want to go, and that cost is not a factor, and you choose not to even apply, later When you have an admittance letter from West Point it is okay to say that you could have gone to west point on scholarship.
FTFY

P.S. Last night I went out and met four supermodels who said they'd have sex with me.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

He also said, "It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them [Mannatech]." He called it "total propaganda." And if you believe that, he also said he had his prostate removed despite his claim that Mannatech's glyconutrients had already cured his prostate cancer.
He's all snake oil. I really hope he wins the nomination.
Oh, and Carson also knows that Joseph (of the OT) built the pyramids as grain stores.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Actually you can believe a general in the army talking about your record and your eligibility for admittance to the point.

It's only Obama and other libs who you can't believe, when they profess their love of the military.
Or of the country.
Or of capitalism.
Or of the middle class.

HooFighter wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:When a 4-star general tells you you're in, if you want to go, and that cost is not a factor, and you choose not to even apply, later When you have an admittance letter from West Point it is okay to say that you could have gone to west point on scholarship.
FTFY

P.S. Last night I went out and met four supermodels who said they'd have sex with me.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
FTFY

He could have gone to West Point with 0 costs. Surely even you can see how a general pitching West Point and it's perks, including 0 cost can be interpreted as a scholarship.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

awesome guy wrote:He could have gone to West Point with 0 costs. Surely even you can see how a general pitching West Point and it's perks, including 0 cost can be interpreted as a scholarship.
He was offered neither a scholarship nor admittance with no costs. But you knew that.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
awesome guy wrote:He could have gone to West Point with 0 costs. Surely even you can see how a general pitching West Point and it's perks, including 0 cost can be interpreted as a scholarship.
He was offered neither a scholarship nor admittance with no costs. But you knew that.

You're FOS as usual. No one pays to attend West Point. The only cost is 4 years of military service after graduation. I'm sure you don't know that as your liars at politico are counting on your ignorance to continue telling this lie. Keep ignorant.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I don't know whether he was or not. Neither do you, although I grant that it would be unusual to formally offer admission without the application.

It does not seem unlikely that the general would suggest that the best rotc student in Detroit could attend the point. Especially being a minority. If the general said, "Benny, you are the kind of candidate we would love to have at west point. With your scholastic record and background I am confident that you would be admitted. You are aware that at the academies, all students effectively have a full scholarship in that no costs are paid by the cadets. I hope we can count on your application to west point and future service to your country."

Is something like that outlandish, outrageous or outside the realm of possibility? How would a 17 yo react to a statement like that from a four star general?

HooFighter wrote:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:
FTFY
Some models count more than others, i guess.
Last edited by admin on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate photo removed
Salute the Marines