Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

OK I laughed pretty gooderly...

Post by Major Kong »

dilbert.gif
dilbert.gif (73.75 KiB) Viewed 457 times
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Re: OK I laughed pretty gooderly...

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:
dilbert.gif
You're saying dilbert is going to resign his position under pressure from nonsensical protests and internet anger?
Sounds about right, that should only happen in the comics.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Want to hear a funny story? When I first came to Cali, I was a "consultant", working for Accenture(i.e. ass enter). Anyway, I came out to Cali to work for a client, Pacific Bell, the local phone company at the time. There was a cartoonist working in one of the cubicles named Scott Adams. He had a normal job there, and he stayed for awhile after Dilbert took off. That place was all the material he ever needed to create Dilbert. So, I can honestly say that I worked in Dilbert's office. I was there about three years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Want to hear a funny story? When I first came to Cali, I was a "consultant", working for Accenture(i.e. ass enter). Anyway, I came out to Cali to work for a client, Pacific Bell, the local phone company at the time. There was a cartoonist working in one of the cubicles named Scott Adams. He had a normal job there, and he stayed for awhile after Dilbert took off. That place was all the material he ever needed to create Dilbert. So, I can honestly say that I worked in Dilbert's office. I was there about three years.

WOW
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Want to hear a funny story? When I first came to Cali, I was a "consultant", working for Accenture(i.e. ass enter). Anyway, I came out to Cali to work for a client, Pacific Bell, the local phone company at the time. There was a cartoonist working in one of the cubicles named Scott Adams. He had a normal job there, and he stayed for awhile after Dilbert took off. That place was all the material he ever needed to create Dilbert. So, I can honestly say that I worked in Dilbert's office. I was there about three years.

Haha, that's awesome. Love me some Dilbert.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

This is awesome! :P
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

Link please :?: :mrgreen:

This is an awesome story :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Pretty cool.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Here you go, mentions his years at Pac Bell, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
RWNJ
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech

Post by RWNJ »

Dilbert is my favorite comic strip, in fact it's the only one I read. Reminds me so much of people I worked with at Hughes Aircraft Co. There was a time when I thought Adams must have worked there too.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RWNJ wrote:

Dilbert is my favorite comic strip, in fact it's the only one I read. Reminds me so much of people I worked with at Hughes Aircraft Co. There was a time when I thought Adams must have worked there too.
It really is any IT department of any company.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.