Labor Dept throws football party, but bans Redskins gear

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Labor Dept throws football party, but bans Redskins gear

Post by nolanvt »

I think if the Redskins lose their trademark battle in court, the NFL will step in and have the Redskins change their name because they wouldn't want one of their teams to be without that protection. The eventual change of the name won't come from politicians or Dan Snyder - unless Snyder trades the name for a taxpayer-funded stadium within DC when the lease on FedEx is up.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... t-bans-re/
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Labor Dept throws football party, but bans Redskins gear

Post by USN_Hokie »

The only people I've seen saying Snyder wants to move the stadium back to DC are people in DC. It's a complete pipe dream when he can get a taxpayer funded stadium in MD or VA.

Where are they even going to put it? The current RFK site is completely inadequate.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:I think if the Redskins lose their trademark battle in court, the NFL will step in and have the Redskins change their name because they wouldn't want one of their teams to be without that protection. The eventual change of the name won't come from politicians or Dan Snyder - unless Snyder trades the name for a taxpayer-funded stadium within DC when the lease on FedEx is up.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... t-bans-re/
“It has been respectfully requested that employees voluntarily refrain from wearing clothing or other sports memorabilia that promote Washington D.C.’s professional football team, the Redskins, or other teams that use names, characters, etc. that may portray American Indians or other cultures in a derogatory manner,” an asterisk-marked note at the bottom of the invitation reader.
respectively requested is not a ban...if I was a 'skins fan I would have worn my 'skins jersey, Cleveland Indians hat and Florida State Seminoles jacket.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:The only people I've seen saying Snyder wants to move the stadium back to DC are people in DC. It's a complete pipe dream when he can get a taxpayer funded stadium in MD or VA.

Where are they even going to put it? The current RFK site is completely inadequate.
If he wanted to move it back to the RFK site, I'm sure adequate infrastructure could be built up within the next 10 years or so. While Snyder may prefer DC from a nostalgic standpoint from the old RFK days, he's a businessman who will likely choose the site based on which of the three jurisdictions gives him the best deal. He definitely needs to move it out of that hellhole in Landover, though.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead