Racism in America

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Racism in America

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Re: Racism in America

Post by Uprising »

Haha... Out of curiosity, did you bother to check any of that? Or do you take everything Trump tweets as the gospel?

Those were rhetorical questions.

[emoji23]
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

He's more credible than you. I hear he has better breath as well. Just saying.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

This is what I also read. You could say that white people dont care about white lives as well. But, what are the ratios of violent crimes for each race? Blacks make up about 14% of the population. Do they committ more than 14% of mirders and violent crimes? Quite a few whites have also been killed by police this year, but it is disproportionately higher for blacks. Is this because of racism or could it be that black communities committ more crimes and are therefore exposing themselves to more interaction with police and being killed at a disproportionately higher rate because of this?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
This is what I also read. You could say that white people dont care about white lives as well. But, what are the ratios of violent crimes for each race? Blacks make up about 14% of the population. Do they committ more than 14% of mirders and violent crimes? Quite a few whites have also been killed by police this year, but it is disproportionately higher for blacks. Is this because of racism or could it be that black communities committ more crimes and are therefore exposing themselves to more interaction with police and being killed at a disproportionately higher rate because of this?
Oh, I think most rational people would acknowledge that black people generally have higher interactions with police because they commit more crimes, so that would put a higher probability of black people being subject to unnecessary police brutality than other races.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

That's too bad because the actual numbers are still really, really bad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Oh, I think most rational people would acknowledge that black people generally have higher interactions with police because they commit more crimes, so that would put a higher probability of black people being subject to unnecessary police brutality than other races.
Or they could not want to be caught or arrested and flee, fight, or attempt to kill or injure the person trying to do their job. Police are so mean darn it...... just be happy you don't have to deal with the scum they do. If it is me I would rather go home alive then choose wrong in a split second decision and end up dead.

Of course all the police are mean stories tend to follow the same script, fleeing, running, fighting, resisting arrest, attempting to kill or injure a cop is STILL a REALLY bad idea, DUH!
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

I see UWS has a few apologists for white nationalist propaganda.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Uprising wrote:I see UWS has a few apologists for white nationalist propaganda.
huh, the reality, the real world ya know, FACT is black folks have a whole heck of a lot more to worry about as far as their well being from other black folks, not the mean ol racist white folks or any ethnicity of mean ol cops
miles

Post by miles »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:I see UWS has a few apologists for white nationalist propaganda.
huh, the reality, the real world ya know, FACT is black folks have a whole heck of a lot more to worry about as far as their well being from other black folks, not the mean ol racist white folks or any ethnicity of mean ol cops
Yeah, not only that but carbon dioxide based global warming is really kicking their asses. It has caused the growth of fatherless black children.