Female firefighter allowed to graduate despite failing....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Female firefighter allowed to graduate despite failing....

Post by USN_Hokie »

...fitness test is injured after 10days on the job.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/22/struggling ... o-new-job/
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Female firefighter allowed to graduate despite failing..

Post by HokieJoe »

And that's how it usually works with these skunks. First: X, Y or Z 'victim' group is 'underrepresented', then said group(s) must be given 'equal' representation...Irrespective of qualifications of course. Then, we move the goal posts more by lowering standards.

Personally, I don't give a flying crap who is represented or not. If you can't meet the minimum criteria for qualifications for entrance or retainment, then you have no damn business being in that position. There's a BIG push going on right now to get more women involved in Tech/STEM careers. As long as the focus remains on the education side, I fine with it. Otherwise, the crybabies need to stfu.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieJoe wrote:And that's how it usually works with these skunks. First: X, Y or Z 'victim' group is 'underrepresented', then said group(s) must be given 'equal' representation...Irrespective of qualifications of course. Then, we move the goal posts more by lowering standards.

Personally, I don't give a flying crap who is represented or not. If you can't meet the minimum criteria for qualifications for entrance or retainment, then you have no damn business being in that position. There's a BIG push going on right now to get more women involved in Tech/STEM careers. As long as the focus remains on the education side, I fine with it. Otherwise, the crybabies need to stfu.

And BTW, if this women is unfit for the job, then she should be given her walking papers. I don't see how this doesn't open the FD up to potential litigation, should her inability to perform her job causes death or injury to someone.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:...fitness test is injured after 10days on the job.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/22/struggling ... o-new-job/
Free is awesome, she gets workmens comp forever now... yea taxpayers!!!