Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: TSL has a new logo

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

People over there rag on UWS but it is Mensa compared to the Lounge or the Free Board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

So... why do people on here hate TSL? I thought we were all (mostly?) Hokies?
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

VoiceOfReason wrote:So... why do people on here hate TSL? I thought we were all (mostly?) Hokies?
I can't speak for anyone else, but there are too many whiny-assed goofballs there. The sort of people who ran UWS off TSL. Sort of like the crybaby students at Princeton, etc.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:So... why do people on here hate TSL? I thought we were all (mostly?) Hokies?
I can't speak for anyone else, but there are too many whiny-assed goofballs there. The sort of people who ran UWS off TSL. Sort of like the crybaby students at Princeton, etc.
Yep. Too many VOR types too
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Damn, we don't have any of those here!
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Damn, we don't have any of those here!

You know, I don't expect people to agree with me all of the time. However, I do expect they act like adults and not go running to mommy when people say things they disagree with. The free exchange of ideas is the only thing worthy about a message board. If that exchange is stifled, then it becomes a joke.

I'd also like to note the TSL's fortunes haven't improved since the plug was pulled on UWS. Not that there was a correlation to begin with. What's more, UWS getting the boot certainly didn't raise the level of discussion.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I surely don't hate TSL. There can be a "middle school cafeteria social order" feel to the place at times, though. I beefed about JCC's wristwatch in 3-4 different threads OSU game night, and got booted. I go back to HokieCentral days, when the internet was run via gerbil wheel, and am a top 25 post count guy. Hell, I boosted traffic so much, they should have been paying me! LOL/tic.

There are two sets of rules. AH04 ran off so many people and violated guidelines for years before the Firm finally pulled the plug on that jackass. Rules for folks at the right cafeteria table, and rules for all others.

But heck. I enjoy some of the discussion and humor there....and yes, I do find some intelligent football convo there. A lot of the posters are real nice folks.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

OK... so it seems that the people who don't like TSL have been booted from there and/or don't like the moderators attempts to influence the dialogue (which they do primarily because some posters beat the same dead horse over and over again - as if that makes it more true).

So... the people who don't know how to behave over there are now over here? And this is the better board because people know how to behave over here? :mrgreen:

Makes me go "hmmm..." :mrgreen:
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Yes, there are for more intelligent posters over there. Thanks for the complement :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Yes, there are for more intelligent posters over there. Thanks for the complement :mrgreen:
try again ya whiney, limp dick, retard.

:mrgreen:
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

HokieJoe wrote:
I'd also like to note the TSL's fortunes haven't improved since the plug was pulled on UWS. Not that there was a correlation to begin with. What's more, UWS getting the boot certainly didn't raise the level of discussion.
I don't blame them at all for getting rid of the UWS board. It was embarrassing to have it associated with the site and with Virginia Tech. I don't think I ever posted on it but I'd check in from time to time and just shake my head. I think TSL's issues stem from the format switch snafu, increased competition and the football/basketball teams struggling.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

TSL has a new logo

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Here is my take on TSl, and no I have never been booted or reprimanded for anything.

1. The Free Board - highly emotional, visited frequently by Hoos, a very young group of posters. I find it unreadable. Lots of drunks.....

2. The Lounge- the Lounge is like the old joke:

Q: what do fat girls and mopeds have in common?
A: They are both fun riding until your friends see you.

That pretty much sums up the Lounge. A guilty pleasure that is the cafeteria table in middle school as someone said before. I try to not make eye contact lol

3. Pay Board - decent conversations about Hokie football. There are too many "I sat in cold at a VMI game and Frank Beamer can coach here until he is 105" types, but other than that, it is why I really go there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Here is my take on TSl, and no I have never been booted or reprimanded for anything.

1. The Free Board - highly emotional, visited frequently by Hoos, a very young group of posters. I find it unreadable. Lots of drunks.....

2. The Lounge- the Lounge is like the old joke:

Q: what do fat girls and mopeds have in common?
A: They are both fun riding until your friends see you.

That pretty much sums up the Lounge. A guilty pleasure that is the cafeteria table in middle school as someone said before. I try to not make eye contact lol

3. Pay Board - decent conversations about Hokie football. There are too many "I sat in cold at a VMI game and Frank Beamer can coach here until he is 105" types, but other than that, it is why I really go there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd Upvote this post if I could! But, then I'd probably be upvoting for the wrong reason.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:OK... so it seems that the people who don't like TSL have been booted from there and/or don't like the moderators attempts to influence the dialogue (which they do primarily because some posters beat the same dead horse over and over again - as if that makes it more true).

So... the people who don't know how to behave over there are now over here? And this is the better board because people know how to behave over here? :mrgreen:

Say whaaaaaaat?
:shock:
Salute the Marines
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:OK... so it seems that the people who don't like TSL have been booted from there and/or don't like the moderators attempts to influence the dialogue (which they do primarily because some posters beat the same dead horse over and over again - as if that makes it more true).

In 17+ years I've not know the moderators to influence the dialogue to any detrimental level.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

I haven't been booted from TSL. I still post there on rare occasions.

AFAIK, most of the people here were still members on TSL when Big Dave fired up UWS.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Say whaaaaaaat?
It was pretty clear what he said and I certainly think there is some truth to that.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Say whaaaaaaat?
It was pretty clear what he said and I certainly think there is some truth to that.
No, there really isn't.
...and he begins w/ a faulty premise.
Salute the Marines
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Wow. Impressive vocabulary for a useless troll. See... on TSL, trolls like you who cannot understand how to behave and do not further the conversation are removed for the betterment of all. Your very existence here shows how bad this board can be.

Again, thanks for proving my point. You're not very smart are you? :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Wow. Impressive vocabulary for a useless troll. See... on TSL, trolls like you who cannot understand how to behave and do not further the conversation are removed for the betterment of all. Your very existence here shows how bad this board can be.

Again, thanks for proving my point. You're not very smart are you? :mrgreen:
I'm easily twice as smart as you. Go back to Whinerville, you do nothing but spew ignorance and venom here.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote: I'm easily half as smart as you. Go back to Winnerville, while I do nothing but spew ignorance and venom here.
Oh yes, another form of your uselessness. Your need to always get the last word on a post... yet add nothing of substance with that last word. For a useless troll, you sure seem insecure. Hey... I have a idea - get a job or stop ripping off your employer by posting here you pussy!!! :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote: I'm easily half as smart as you. Go back to Winnerville, while I do nothing but spew ignorance and venom here.
Oh yes, another form of your uselessness. Your need to always get the last word on a post... yet add nothing of substance with that last word. For a useless troll, you sure seem insecure. Hey... I have a idea - get a job or stop ripping off your employer by posting here you pussy!!! :mrgreen:
Get back on the fryer ya loser. No one cares what you say it's always some combination of retarded and dishonest. And geez, you have the audacity to call me a troll.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
Get back on the fryer ya loser. No one cares what you say it's always some combination of retarded and dishonest. And geez, you have the audacity to call me a troll.
It's not audacity. It's fact, and every one of your replies continues to prove it. Loser :mrgreen:

For proof that the needle dick troll needs the last word, see here:
|
|
|
|
|
V
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:
It's not audacity. It's fact, and every one of your replies continues to prove it. Loser :mrgreen:

For proof that the needle dick troll needs the last word, see here:
|
|
|
|
|
V
Got it, deep thinker is playing the game of having the last word while whining about the last word. You're retarded.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Say whaaaaaaat?
No, there really isn't.
...and he begins w/ a faulty premise.
No, I think it's fair to say that when UWS was pulled and this site was created, there was negative dialogue on here with respect to TSL. That negative dialogue has been present any time TSL is mentioned. This thread is no different.