Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

can't wait for this - diesel F150

Post by awesome guy »

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-f150 ... ver-diesel

though any gas savings will get eaten up by the extra cost of diesel. I love my F150, getting about 15 in the city and 20-22 on the highway. Plus it flat out hauls butt. I love sitting at the stop light and someone in a sports car wants to race. They have no idea how quick and fast these trucks are as they're eating my dust. I'm really waiting for the excursion to get the same aluminum upgrades and may get one for the wife and kids. They're super roomy, I can comfortably get 3 adults and 2 kids in my pickup.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Re: can't wait for this - diesel F150

Post by Uprising »

Are you hoping to roll coal?
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-f150 ... ver-diesel

though any gas savings will get eaten up by the extra cost of diesel. I love my F150, getting about 15 in the city and 20-22 on the highway. Plus it flat out hauls butt. I love sitting at the stop light and someone in a sports car wants to race. They have no idea how quick and fast these trucks are as they're eating my dust. I'm really waiting for the excursion to get the same aluminum upgrades and may get one for the wife and kids. They're super roomy, I can comfortably get 3 adults and 2 kids in my pickup.
Wow that's fast for a truck!

Did anyone know the 2 fastest production cars are hybrids? Not exactly environment-friendly, but still!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... or_less.29
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Good to see the ½ ton diesel p/u market coming back....I've seen a few Diesel Ram 1500's...pricey but pretty nice.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Sorry, but redneck heaven
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:Sorry, but redneck heaven
You say that like it's a bad thing!
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:Sorry, but redneck heaven
Rednecks aren't buying $70k pickups.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:Rednecks aren't buying $70k pickups.
Yup even the ½ tons by the time you spec out a 4x4 diesel with just the basics you're approaching $50K. Unless you're on the Redneck Comedy Tour not many 'necks are able to pony up the cash...after all they still have tattoo payments to make.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
Yup even the ½ tons by the time you spec out a 4x4 diesel with just the basics you're approaching $50K. Unless you're on the Redneck Comedy Tour not many 'necks are able to pony up the cash...after all they still have tattoo payments to make.

Arrrr, rednecks will have these trucks 10-15 years from now when they have 200-300k miles and need major repairs.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:Arrrr, rednecks will have these trucks 10-15 years from now when they have 200-300k miles and need major repairs.
and after they're tattoos are paid off :!:

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Arrrr, rednecks will have these trucks 10-15 years from now when they have 200-300k miles and need major repairs.
And put a shell on it and live in it
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Yeah even the used prices on these new pickups are ridiculous.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Yeah even the used prices on these new pickups are ridiculous.

oh yeah. My last truck was worth $5-6k with 240k miles on it. And that was also needing transmission work and after hitting a bear. The body was repaired after hitting the bear, the point being that it was in a major collision and still had a high value. I bought it when gas first hit $3 and the truck/SUV market fell through the floor. Sticker was $33k, I got it for $19k :) Though there was some stuff I wanted and didn't have on it, it was still a great deal that I couldn't pass up on.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:
The smart rednecks are buying them and writing them off as business expense. As long as you use it for business more than 50% of the time, you can deduct the depreciation. And assuming the rules are the as the last time I checked, the truck has to be new, and over 6000 pounds.
Heck, in Texas, if you're not driving a late model pickup (preferably a ford), something is wrong with you.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

We don't need such stereotypical insults, do we? If we're going to protest racial and anti-religious remarks on this board, we should also combat those that insult other targeted groups.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

We don't need such stereotypical insults, do we? If we're going to protest racial and anti-religious remarks on this board, we should also combat those that insult other targeted groups.
Well put Visor. Shame on AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

VisorBoy wrote:We don't need such stereotypical insults, do we? If we're going to protest racial and anti-religious remarks on this board, we should also combat those that insult other targeted groups.
ip_law-hokie wrote:Well put Visor. Shame on AG.
I see the truth hurts still. :P

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

can't wait for this - diesel F150

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:We don't need such stereotypical insults, do we? If we're going to protest racial and anti-religious remarks on this board, we should also combat those that insult other targeted groups.
ip_law-hokie wrote:Well put Visor. Shame on AG.
I see the truth hurts still. :P
These necks need to stop stereotyping other necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.