Party: In your Moms mouth

Re: Augusta County schools shut down.

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
HokieDan95 wrote:ace of spades is calling bullshirt on the shut down
i tend to agree
http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=360629
Yeah. I didn't see the need in a shut down. But I also don't see the need in inciting something. In an area like this, it's pretty obvious that if you do something like this, there is going to be a backlash.
You mean an area with a bunch of ignorant necks?

Say what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah. She didn't use caution with what she was doing. We had a married Muslim couple kill 14 people a couple of weeks ago. Once some of these people figured out what the Arabic calligraphy meant, it was insulting to them. It would be like having Jewish students write Sieg-Heil. It's stirring up the hornets nest. If the Arabic saying meant, "hello, how are you today" I would feel differently.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
i tend to agree
Yeah. I didn't see the need in a shut down. But I also don't see the need in inciting something. In an area like this, it's pretty obvious that if you do something like this, there is going to be a backlash.

Say what you mean.

Nah. She didn't use caution with what she was doing. We had a married Muslim couple kill 14 people a couple of weeks ago. Once some of these people figured out what the Arabic calligraphy meant, it was insulting to them. It would be like having Jewish students write Sieg-Heil. It's stirring up the hornets nest. If the Arabic saying meant, "hello, how are you today" I would feel differently.
What did you mean by "in an area like this"?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
i tend to agree

Say what you mean.

Christian. They don't worship Allah. I wonder what would happen at a Muslim school if the teacher did the same thing except it said "there is only one God, and Jesus is his son?" Stoning?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Christian. They don't worship Allah. I wonder what would happen at a Muslim school if the teacher did the same thing except it said "there is only one God, and Jesus is his son?" Stoning?
:?: :?: :?: Oh yes they do :!: This is where the disconnect is.

Allah is merely the Arab word for God...millions of Arab Christian pray to Allah because that is God in Arabic.

This is what is so damn comical about this, and as I was telling awesome guy, millions of Americans are afraid of a name that has the same meaning just a different language. :roll:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:Christian. They don't worship Allah. I wonder what would happen at a Muslim school if the teacher did the same thing except it said "there is only one God, and Jesus is his son?" Stoning?

Allah is merely the Arab word for God...millions of Arab Christian pray to Allah because that is God in Arabic.

This is what is so damn comical about this, and as I was telling awesome guy, millions of Americans are afraid of a name that has the same meaning just a different language. :roll:
And Mohammed is his messenger? I think you're downplaying what that verse is actually saying.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Major Kong wrote:

Fair point. But what about the second half of the phrase, "and Jesus is his son?" I imagine that could stir up quite a mess at a Muslim school.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
i tend to agree

Say what you mean.

Yeah, the Charlottesville area has a heavy infestation of NYecks
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
i tend to agree

Say what you mean.

Christian. They don't worship Allah. I wonder what would happen at a Muslim school if the teacher did the same thing except it said "there is only one God, and Jesus is his son?" Stoning?
Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

Read this -- "Christians and Muslims Don't Worship the Same God". Interesting perspective.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... on-college
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Fair point. But what about the second half of the phrase, "and Jesus is his son?" I imagine that could stir up quite a mess at a Muslim school.
"and Jesus is his son?" I'm not a Muslim so I really wouldn't know. I do know Jesus is a Muslim prophet but they don't recognize Jesus as the Son of God.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

133743Hokie wrote:Read this -- "Christians and Muslims Don't Worship the Same God". Interesting perspective.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... on-college
Meh they just worship a different interpretation of a monotheistic deity. :)

CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Thanks ip. It truly is wonderful to discuss issues with a thinking mind that has such great oration skills.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Thanks ip. It truly is wonderful to discuss issues with a thinking mind that has such great oration skills.
What would you like to discuss?
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:Thanks ip. It truly is wonderful to discuss issues with a thinking mind that has such great oration skills.
Well. I don't know. It's hard to discuss something with someone whose vocabulary seems to consist of okay, got it, and redneck. Just sayin.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Well. I don't know. It's hard to discuss something with someone whose vocabulary seems to consist of okay, got it, and redneck. Just sayin.
OK. If you think of something, let me know!

Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

CWHOKIECPA wrote: I wonder what would happen at a Muslim school if the teacher did the same thing except it said "there is only one God, and Jesus is his son?"
If it had said that in a public school here, the left and the ACLU would be scream bloody murder about the separation of church and state.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

BG Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I can easily teach a lesson to inform children what islam is, what Christianity is, what whirling dirvishes are....without making the students do something that: a) endorses any of those faiths; nor, b) is prohibited by their own.
Agreed, but the facebook mob needs the woman fired or else!

It's funny how much I've seen this site discuss the PCism associated with social media blunders and social media's vengeance on not quitting until the person is fired. It's interesting to see people on the other side in this case.

Double standards abound...
Dumb move on the teacher's part, but firing her is going over the line IMO.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HvilleHokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:I'm a graduate of riverheads and the teacher in question lives next door to my parents. She coaches the cheerleading team at riverheads and has been a strong member of the community and school for years.

I'm sure she wishes she had not used the workbook with this particular phrase, but it was one that is partnered with the sol lesson that she was working towards.

The mother has a vendetta is looking for attention. Her Facebook page is full of glee at the attention she is receiving. When she approached the school, they dismissed her because she is a known crazy.

I support Laporte and the Augusta county schools standing by her.
I don't. We don't need to teach anything about religion in public schools. Do you have any idea of what the lesson she is working towards is?
You simply cannot teach history, sociology, geography, literature, or art withou touching on religion. I hope we don't remove those topics from our curriculum.

Yes, I know what she was teaching. It is part of the Virginia SOL curriculum. And she didn't create the lesson herself. It was part of a workbook she was using in support of the sols.
I've no problem teaching religion from a historical perspective. Such things as: names, dates, sects and how they impacted history is useful. However, I don't see any use in giving students a calligraphy lesson. Moreover, I can see where some parents might take issue with the phrase they scribbled.

Again though (the 3 R's), lets focus less on this sort of stupidity and teach kids what they'll need to be productive individuals as adults.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

It seems the agitated lady took down her facebook posts and is now trying to move on...

I feel like a reasonable pastor like Valencia Hokie was able to get a hold of her or something.