What, no thread for last night's democrat debate?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

What, no thread for last night's democrat debate?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Did anyone watch it? I've seen some highlights and it looks like it was nothing but lies and red meat for the rabid hard left democrat base.

From what I saw, we must strip Americans their right to due process so we can prevent them from buying guns, we are now supposed to be believe that Trump has taken the place of Gitmo as the #1 recruiting tool for terrorists, and Trump is responsible for the terrible economy that we currently have....wait, I thought the democrats told us the economy was great? Which is it democrats, is Trump responsible for the terrible economy or is Obama responsible for the "great" economy?

I guess when you can't run on the record of the past 8 years, you just run on pure lies.

========================

December 20, 2015
Hillary's debate claim can't be verified
By Rick Moran

Ever since 9/11, liberals have advanced the narrative that we can't be beastly toward Muslims because it "plays into their hands" and our actions are used as "evidence" to recruit jihadists. Whether it's the existence of the prison camp at Guantanamo or Donald Trump's incendiary rhetoric and exaggerations about Muslims, the answer is the same; doing or saying anything bad about Islam makes our job of defeating the terrorists that much harder.

The narrative has the benefit of being impossible to prove. But that hasn't stopped liberals from using the bogus narrative to hammer conservatives with.

It also reveals a stilted worldview where self-preservation actually takes second place to not offending Muslims. Since Muslims would appear to be the easiest people on the planet to "offend," it pretty much cuts off all criticism of Islam and the actions of some of its adherents.

At the Democratic debate on Saturday night, Hillary Clinton went beyond suggesting that Donald Trump's rhetoric might lead to an increase in terrorist recruitment. She said flat out that Trump's statements about Muslims were being used directly to recruit terrorists.
The newest criticism? Videos of Trump talking about Muslims are being used by ISIS to recruit fighters. It was a step by Clinton farther than other critics of the Republican frontrunner, who have previously said Trump’s remarks have the potential to recruit ISIS fighters.

“He is becoming ISIS’s best recruiter,” Clinton said. “They are going to people, showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists.”

It’s not as simple a statement to parse as it may appear. ISIS communicates in a variety of ways, using multiple social media accounts and publications through its networks around the world. But it also depends on supporters to take to Twitter and social media to spread their message – meaning official and supporter message may be a distinction without much of a difference.

Asked to provide evidence of her claim, Clinton’s campaign pointed to social media experts who have said ISIS supporters are frequently using Trump’s remarks to argue Americans hate Muslims. They also pointed to social media posts by ISIS supporters.

But so far, according to a social media expert I spoke to, no one has been able to point to use of Trump videos on official ISIS accounts.

“We’ve seen a number of ISIS sympathizers online cite Mr. Trump’s recent comments but to my knowledge, we haven’t seen it in the official ISIS propaganda channels,” said Seamus Hughes, deputy director of the Program on Extremism at George Washington University’s Center for Cyber & Homeland Security.
I have always wondered if the success of a terrorist group - al-Qaeda's 9/11 attack or ISIS winning territory - was a far more effective recruiting tool than getting Muslims angry by the US waterboarding a few terrorists or some bigot spouting exaggerated claims about Islam. It's at least equally logical to state that Paris and San Bernardino will inspire more terrorist attacks and recruit more jihadists than anything Donald Trump has said.

Neither narrative is provable. But it just goes to show that Clinton has upped the ante and will now blame Trump and Republicans directly for "playing into the hands" of terrorists.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z3urgP7LWV
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: What, no thread for last night's democrat debate?

Post by HokieJoe »

Shhhhh. The DNC is trying to keep these debates on the down-low. With those candidates, I don't blame them.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Did anyone watch it? I've seen some highlights and it looks like it was nothing but lies and red meat for the rabid hard left democrat base.

From what I saw, we must strip Americans their right to due process so we can prevent them from buying guns, we are now supposed to be believe that Trump has taken the place of Gitmo as the #1 recruiting tool for terrorists, and Trump is responsible for the terrible economy that we currently have....wait, I thought the democrats told us the economy was great? Which is it democrats, is Trump responsible for the terrible economy or is Obama responsible for the "great" economy?

I guess when you can't run on the record of the past 8 years, you just run on pure lies.

========================

December 20, 2015
By Rick Moran

Ever since 9/11, liberals have advanced the narrative that we can't be beastly toward Muslims because it "plays into their hands" and our actions are used as "evidence" to recruit jihadists. Whether it's the existence of the prison camp at Guantanamo or Donald Trump's incendiary rhetoric and exaggerations about Muslims, the answer is the same; doing or saying anything bad about Islam makes our job of defeating the terrorists that much harder.

The narrative has the benefit of being impossible to prove. But that hasn't stopped liberals from using the bogus narrative to hammer conservatives with.

It also reveals a stilted worldview where self-preservation actually takes second place to not offending Muslims. Since Muslims would appear to be the easiest people on the planet to "offend," it pretty much cuts off all criticism of Islam and the actions of some of its adherents.

At the Democratic debate on Saturday night, Hillary Clinton went beyond suggesting that Donald Trump's rhetoric might lead to an increase in terrorist recruitment. She said flat out that Trump's statements about Muslims were being used directly to recruit terrorists.
The newest criticism? Videos of Trump talking about Muslims are being used by ISIS to recruit fighters. It was a step by Clinton farther than other critics of the Republican frontrunner, who have previously said Trump’s remarks have the potential to recruit ISIS fighters.

“He is becoming ISIS’s best recruiter,” Clinton said. “They are going to people, showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists.”

It’s not as simple a statement to parse as it may appear. ISIS communicates in a variety of ways, using multiple social media accounts and publications through its networks around the world. But it also depends on supporters to take to Twitter and social media to spread their message – meaning official and supporter message may be a distinction without much of a difference.

Asked to provide evidence of her claim, Clinton’s campaign pointed to social media experts who have said ISIS supporters are frequently using Trump’s remarks to argue Americans hate Muslims. They also pointed to social media posts by ISIS supporters.

But so far, according to a social media expert I spoke to, no one has been able to point to use of Trump videos on official ISIS accounts.

“We’ve seen a number of ISIS sympathizers online cite Mr. Trump’s recent comments but to my knowledge, we haven’t seen it in the official ISIS propaganda channels,” said Seamus Hughes, deputy director of the Program on Extremism at George Washington University’s Center for Cyber & Homeland Security.
I have always wondered if the success of a terrorist group - al-Qaeda's 9/11 attack or ISIS winning territory - was a far more effective recruiting tool than getting Muslims angry by the US waterboarding a few terrorists or some bigot spouting exaggerated claims about Islam. It's at least equally logical to state that Paris and San Bernardino will inspire more terrorist attacks and recruit more jihadists than anything Donald Trump has said.

Neither narrative is provable. But it just goes to show that Clinton has upped the ante and will now blame Trump and Republicans directly for "playing into the hands" of terrorists.

I read CNN's fact check on Hillary. She lied about trump videos being used as an ISIS recruiting tool. Everyone with half a brain knows that the theory of Trump making ISIS worse is total BS.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
RWNJ
Party: Independent

I started to watch it, but as soon as she opened her mouth,

Post by RWNJ »

I gagged and turned it off.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
jmac610

Re: I started to watch it, but as soon as she opened her mou

Post by jmac610 »

RWNJ wrote:I gagged and turned it off.
For the first hour, I thought it was another run-on Saturday Night Live skit. But then I realized it was the actual people doing the caricatures.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

What does it say about the moo-moo wearing Hillary!-> that she would leave stage (surely to look at crib notes) and come back only in her own sweet time. The mind and heart of a tyrant.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:What does it say about the moo-moo wearing Hillary!-> that she would leave stage (surely to look at crib notes) and come back only in her own sweet time. The mind and heart of a tyrant.

Or someone who isn't very bright. Her classified documents/email scandal is all the proof one needs to ascertain the depths of her dumbassery.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

What the hell are they going to debate :?: If elected who will give away the most free schitt :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

I saw it and it sucked
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:Did anyone watch it? I've seen some highlights and it looks like it was nothing but lies and red meat for the rabid hard left democrat base.

========================

December 20, 2015
By Rick Moran

I read CNN's fact check on Hillary. She lied about trump videos being used as an ISIS recruiting tool. Everyone with half a brain knows that the theory of Trump making ISIS worse is total BS.
Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

========================

December 20, 2015
By Rick Moran

Nope.

It's false. And I'm sure ISIS will change its Jihadi plans depending on who gets elected. If Hilary gets elected, they'll go easy on everyone. Lol. I think I know what you will say next.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

========================

December 20, 2015
By Rick Moran

Nope.

I hear they use the posts of Marvel fan boys dissing DC comics as recruiting tools also.

Back in reality, this is one of the most idiotic lines of reasoning from the left. In essence, they're suggesting that we should modify our language to placate lunatics. F lunatics.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

========================

December 20, 2015
By Rick Moran

Nope.

Must have had a colon cleanse go to the brain...... :lol:
Ip is a more reliable news source than CNN......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RWNJ

Post by RWNJ »

We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Truth doesn't matter to low info Nyecks.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
It's the sentiment.

Do you think Hillary is going to be your president for one term or two?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
It's the sentiment.

NYut
VoiceOfReason
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

RiverguyVT wrote:What does it say about the moo-moo wearing Hillary!-> that she would leave stage (surely to look at crib notes) and come back only in her own sweet time. The mind and heart of a tyrant.
Her burlap lag thingy was awful, lol.

I noticed what you are referencing... the breaks for Dem debate seem to be longer than the GOP debate, and Hill showed up late for one of them. I wonder if that has something to do with a need for longer restroom time for women. I bet that is part of the debate negotiations in the general election. :mrgreen:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
It's the sentiment.

NYut
Get your popcorn ready. Going to be a lot of pissed off necks.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
It's the sentiment.

NYut
Get your popcorn ready. Going to be a lot of pissed off necks.
What are you pissed about now?
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

I noticed what you are referencing... the breaks for Dem debate seem to be longer than the GOP debate, and Hill showed up late for one of them. I wonder if that has something to do with a need for longer restroom time for women. I bet that is part of the debate negotiations in the general election. :mrgreen:
No self-respecting R will negotiate with "the bladder of a tyrant."
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

So, you're saying you buy this whole "bathroom" farce/excuse?
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

Who won't share a bathroom with another woman, but wants your 7 yr old daughter to share one with a sexually confused 43 yr old man? Yes. A tyrant .
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
Uprising wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

Who won't share a bathroom with another woman, but wants your 7 yr old daughter to share one with a sexually confused 43 yr old man? Yes. A tyrant .
Liberals never expect to live under the laws they demand for everyone else. Hypocrisy is their blind spot as they really don't care about it.
VoiceOfReason
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

RiverguyVT wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

So, you're saying you buy this whole "bathroom" farce/excuse?
Actually, the bathroom thing was my first thought. Had not heard it publicly until reading today's paper. I mean, what do you want her to say... "Sorry, it was a heavy flow day?" :mrgreen: