Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Re: A lionheart!

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:...and?

Merry Christmas to you too.
And... Why would he be afraid?
He's invented a scenario where he is an oppressed minority. It's comical.
Others are creating that scenario as well. White women are the best example of this. The same white women that have the right to choose whether they want to serve in the military. They now can serve in any military position they want. No Selective Sevice requirement.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:This country isn't close to 70% Christian. My guess is that even you are counted as being Christian. We know that isn't true. I'm not Christian. I'm agnostic. There are others on this board that would be counted that don't even attend a church service. Should they count also?
Every major poll disagrees with you.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:You constantly talk about religion. You don't like it. Be honest.
This is a non sequitur.
No regular here is confused on where I stand with regards to religion. I don't hide it. I'm honest and forthcoming about it.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Uprising wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:This country isn't close to 70% Christian. My guess is that even you are counted as being Christian. We know that isn't true. I'm not Christian. I'm agnostic. There are others on this board that would be counted that don't even attend a church service. Should they count also?
Lol. Polls on religion.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Uprising wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:You constantly talk about religion. You don't like it. Be honest.
This is a non sequitur.
No regular here is confused on where I stand with regards to religion. I don't hide it. I'm honest and forthcoming about it.
You constantly talk about religion. You don't like it. Be honest.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Uprising wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Uprising...evangelizing again. Not afraid to evangelize.
^^^
Not afraid to redefine words.
How very progressive. [emoji106]

Oh, it fits you like a glove...Therefore, no redefinition necessary. Even literally speaking, you're wrong (see Guy Kawasaki- former Chief Apple Evangelist).

Just own it bruh. Your atheist light will shine on the unwashed religious-masses as you show them the true way.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:Laughing at me? I'm not a Christian. I don't care about his sign that panders to his supporters. I can't understand why you make a big deal over it. There are places and people that don't like the term Merry Christmas. Not you of course. We know that you could care less. I think.
A big deal?
Some here call me a militant atheist (you should see my arsenal) and evangelical atheist (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), and I don't get bothered by, nor do I know people who get bothered by, some saying Merry Christmas. I'll even return it. [emoji47] It's an absolutely comical notion that one needs to be afraid to say Merry Christmas. Being amused by that outrageous notion should not be confused with anger.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

HokieJoe wrote:Oh, it fits you like a glove...Therefore, no redefinition necessary. Even literally speaking, you're wrong (see Guy Kawasaki- former Chief Apple Evangelist).

Just own it bruh. Your atheist light will shine on the unwashed religious-masses as you show them the true way.
OK, I don't want to quibble over meaning. You can define it however you'd like. But, if you insist, please refer to me as the good Reverend. It's disrespectful to ignore the wishes of a preacher. However, don't expect to see me knocking on your door anytime soon.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Lol. Polls on religion.
That's cool, we can just go with your gut.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Uprising wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Lol. Polls on religion.
That's cool, we can just go with your gut.
It doesn't matter, because I don't care. I'm starting to think that you really do care and that it is a big deal. Still not sure why though.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
And you completely miss CW's point. From that very same poll, only 3/4's of those "Christians" have a certainty there's a god...an even smaller portion (ironically, mostly black democrats) say that religion plays a very important role in their life. Not even half of that number attends church regularly.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-lands ... -practices

Indeed, the majority of Americans are agnostic(at best)/atheist, whether they'll admit it or not. Pascal's wager is in full force.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Uprising wrote:
^^^

Oh, it fits you like a glove...Therefore, no redefinition necessary. Even literally speaking, you're wrong (see Guy Kawasaki- former Chief Apple Evangelist).

Make sure you capitalize Athiest - we don't want to slander his religion.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
And you completely miss CW's point. From that very same poll, only 3/4's of those "Christians" have a certainty there's a god...an even smaller portion (ironically, mostly black democrats) say that religion plays a very important role in their life. Not even half of that number attends church regularly.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-lands ... -practices

Indeed, the majority of Americans are agnostic(at best)/atheist, whether they'll admit it or not. Pascal's wager is in full force.
You do realize that 76% of 70% is still a majority, don't you? That's not even counting the 18% that are fairly certain.

Attending church doesn't tell us anything about what they really believe.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Uprising wrote:
^^^

Make sure you capitalize Athiest - we don't want to slander his religion.
LOL...
Get it right, Poly-Atheism!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

It's ok, Uprising. Show us on the doll where the youth minister touched you.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:It's ok, Uprising. Show us on the doll where the youth minister touched you.
LOL... I'm sure you wish that's it. It would make your worldview so much easier to swallow.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:It's ok, Uprising. Show us on the doll where the youth minister touched you.
LOL... I'm sure you wish that's it. It would make your worldview so much easier to swallow.
Looks like I struck a little close to home with that one. Don't get upset, your hero Richard Dawkins endorses light pedophilia after all and age of consent is a construct of modern society, right?
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Another 6 page purse fight?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Looks like I stuck a little close to home with that one. Don't get upset, your hero Richard Dawkins endorses light pedophilia after all and age of consent is a construct of modern society, right?
It's a believable scenario, isn't it? You want to believe that says something about me; however, it more clearly reveals what you think about Christian ministers. So, why do you think this group is predisposed to molest children?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Another 6 page purse fight?
Uprising is very emotionally invested in the topic of (western) religion.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Looks like I stuck a little close to home with that one. Don't get upset, your hero Richard Dawkins endorses light pedophilia after all and age of consent is a construct of modern society, right?
It's a believable scenario, isn't it? You want to believe that says something about me; however, it more clearly reveals what you think about Christian ministers. So, why do you think this group is predisposed to molest children?
I'd rather hear what you think the genetic/epigenetic link is between priesthood and homosexuality. Or maybe, it's a learned deviant (i know, there I go with societal constructs again!) behavior.....
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote:
This is a non sequitur.
Evangelistic, one might even say...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I'd rather hear what you think the genetic/epigenetic link is between priesthood and homosexuality. Or maybe, it's a learned deviant (i know, there I go with societal constructs again!) behavior.....
Learned huh? Probably an absentee Father...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Learned huh? Probably an absentee Father...
You don't have to tell us. Whatever happened is between you and your maker.