Rut roh - FBI has recovered Hillary's "deleted" emails...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Rut roh - FBI has recovered Hillary's "deleted" emails...

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Rut roh - FBI has recovered Hillary's "deleted" emails..

Post by awesome guy »

unpossible. VOR assured us this is just a vast right wing conspiracy, like Bill having sex with the interns was.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

HRC must have outsourced IT to the same firm that spent over $100M on healthcare.gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
jmac610

Post by jmac610 »

How? Did they hack into China?
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Hillary did not have deletion relations with that email.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

jmac610 wrote:How? Did they hack into China?
Maybe they just asked the NSA for their copy.
VoiceOfReason
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

awesome guy wrote:unpossible. VOR assured us this is just a vast right wing conspiracy, like Bill having sex with the interns was.
It is a GOP witch hunt. Honestly, what does digging through Hillary's garbage have to do with Benghazi?

Did she exercise poor judgement in having her own email server? YES
Can you blame her, since she correctly predicted that the GOP would find some reason to dig thru her knickers? I Certainly Don't

Let's be honest... the GOP only investigating one Obama department head... why is that? Hmm? Any bets all the investigations will go away the minute the election is over? Unless Hillary wins... then we will have 8 years of constant investigation and SCANDAL!!! I can't wait to find out who tossed her salad :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
awesome guy wrote:unpossible. VOR assured us this is just a vast right wing conspiracy, like Bill having sex with the interns was.
It is a GOP witch hunt. Honestly, what does digging through Hillary's garbage have to do with Benghazi?

Can you blame her, since she correctly predicted that the GOP would find some reason to dig thru her knickers? I Certainly Don't

Let's be honest... the GOP only investigating one Obama department head... why is that? Hmm? Any bets all the investigations will go away the minute the election is over? Unless Hillary wins... then we will have 8 years of constant investigation and SCANDAL!!! I can't wait to find out who tossed her salad :mrgreen:
You're too young to realize this, but running the department of state over a private email server is a crime.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

You're too young to realize this, but running the department of state over a private email server is a crime.
I worked for V for about ten years. If you sent a work related email from a personal account, that had anything to do with one of the company's customers(like Wells or BofA), you would get maybe one strike, and if it happened again you would be fired. If you sent an email from a personal account that had a sixteen digit card number in it, you would have been fired on the spot. It's like the people who don't understand this have never worked in a company with IT security policies.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

I worked for V for about ten years. If you sent a work related email from a personal account, that had anything to do with one of the company's customers(like Wells or BofA), you would get maybe one strike, and if it happened again you would be fired. If you sent an email from a personal account that had a sixteen digit card number in it, you would have been fired on the spot. It's like the people who don't understand this have never worked in a company with IT security policies.
I think they're just idiots. It's easy to understand why sending emails over an unsecure server is bad. It's also easy to understand why deleting them is bad. They're choosing to pretend like it's no big deal to send classified information over a server stored in the bathroom of an unsecured apartment. I do work with classified material and I can be jailed for sending over classified documents from my secured email server to a personal, let alone unsecured server. I would be fired for sure. Hillary broke every law on the books pertaining to sending and securing classified information. If any of us did this and we would already be in jail. She's created a significant and substantial security breach. VOAMillennial is so dense that he thinks this all about Benghazi.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

Hillary-ious. You really are blind to this, aren't you? LMAO.

Your hero did not know how to recharge her iPad. Noodle on that for a moment.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: I think they're just idiots. It's easy to understand why sending emails over an unsecure server is bad. It's also easy to understand why deleting them is bad. They're choosing to pretend like it's no big deal to send classified information over a server stored in the bathroom of an unsecured apartment. I do work with classified material and I can be jailed for sending over classified documents from my secured email server to a personal, let alone unsecured server. I would be fired for sure. Hillary broke every law on the books pertaining to sending and securing classified information. If any of us did this and we would already be in jail. She's created a significant and substantial security breach. VOAMillennial is so dense that he thinks this all about Benghazi.
Yep. The chances are *extremely* high that her communications were compromised and it wouldn't even have required a state-backed hacker.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

USN_Hokie wrote: Yep. The chances are *extremely* high that her communications were compromised and it wouldn't even have required a state-backed hacker.
Just playing along... I don't think it is necessary to prove that any communications were compromised. All that should be relevant is "Where there any communications that were classified at the time of communication handled in such a way (like a private server) that was against policy at the time. Retroactive judgements are meaningless, it should all be about what happened when... and what were the privacy rules at that time. Agree?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I'll just leave this here

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

I've got a crazy, crazy, ridiculous idea for you.

If you're worried that the GOP is going to comb through your emails for evidence of you doing something illegal, THEN DON'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL! That's a crazy idea, I know, but it just might work.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
VoiceOfReason wrote:

I've got a crazy, crazy, ridiculous idea for you.

If you're worried that the GOP is going to comb through your emails for evidence of you doing something illegal, THEN DON'T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL! That's a crazy idea, I know, but it just might work.
Or don't put them on an illegal server to avoid having people probe illegal activity.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Yep. The chances are *extremely* high that her communications were compromised and it wouldn't even have required a state-backed hacker.
Just playing along... I don't think it is necessary to prove that any communications were compromised. All that should be relevant is "Where there any communications that were classified at the time of communication handled in such a way (like a private server) that was against policy at the time. Retroactive judgements are meaningless, it should all be about what happened when... and what were the privacy rules at that time. Agree?
Of course not - I'm not sure anyone suggested that.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

The head stands are amusing.
Salute the Marines
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

BigDave wrote: I've got a crazy, crazy, ridiculous idea for you.

BigDave - that's missing my point. I'm not defending illegal activity.

Back in the 1990's, the GOP conducted multiple investigations against Bill Clinton in an effort to embarrass him personally. Paula Jones morphed into Monica Lewinksky into Impeachment. All over an alleged flashing incident and a blowjob (without release - which shows very poor judgement on Bill's part... but I digress). And did Bill Clinton do anything ILLEGAL with Monica? No. Immoral, embarrassing, breaking marriage vows? Yes, but not illegal. Yet, that was the investigation.

Point being, I'm sure Hillary could imagine a scenario where the GOP could invent a scandal that required access to all of her email. And so, she thought it a good idea to have control of her email server so that every personal email would not get caught up in the legitimate requests for business emails. Because you know, I'm sure a GOP staffer would never accidentally leak an embarrassing personal email OOPS! "Oh... here's an email to Chelsea where Hillary calls Boehner a bloviating, orange poopy head. Shame if that got out, huh? OOPS!" "Oh, here's another email where Hillary tells Bill not to interview any more interns until she gets there. OOPS!"

And guess what... Hillary's suspicions were correct. The GOP did invent a scandal that did require handing over all of her emails to the GOP. Wow, who could have seen that coming? And right in the middle of an election? What are the odds?

So it's not DON"T DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL... it's a justified privacy concern.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

RiverguyVT wrote:The head stands are amusing.
What head stands? The burden of proof is on you guys. Innocent until proven guilty. The server itself was not illegal. Now the play is to see if there any bad outcomes? And since I don't watch Faux News or subscribe to the Limberger Letter... I have not seen any real accusations. But you guys tell me they are coming... so OK. I'm waiting... I believe everything I read on here. This board's record speaks for itself :mrgreen:
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

Back in the 1990's, the GOP conducted multiple investigations against Bill Clinton in an effort to embarrass him personally. Paula Jones morphed into Monica Lewinksky into Impeachment. All over an alleged flashing incident and a blowjob (without release - which shows very poor judgement on Bill's part... but I digress). And did Bill Clinton do anything ILLEGAL with Monica? No. Immoral, embarrassing, breaking marriage vows? Yes, but not illegal. Yet, that was the investigation.

Point being, I'm sure Hillary could imagine a scenario where the GOP could invent a scandal that required access to all of her email. And so, she thought it a good idea to have control of her email server so that every personal email would not get caught up in the legitimate requests for business emails. Because you know, I'm sure a GOP staffer would never accidentally leak an embarrassing personal email OOPS! "Oh... here's an email to Chelsea where Hillary calls Boehner a bloviating, orange poopy head. Shame if that got out, huh? OOPS!" "Oh, here's another email where Hillary tells Bill not to interview any more interns until she gets there. OOPS!"

And guess what... Hillary's suspicions were correct. The GOP did invent a scandal that did require handing over all of her emails to the GOP. Wow, who could have seen that coming? And right in the middle of an election? What are the odds?

Bill Clinton lied under oath in a civil lawsuit and later lied under oath to an investigator investigating whether he lied under oath during a civil lawsuit. He was not impeached for infidelity - he was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.

The GOP did not "invent" a scandal. And Hillary's non-classified emails should have (I don't know if they "would have", but under the law, should have) become public record anyway even with no scandal.

I'm amused that "I did it because they're going to accuse me of bad behavior" justifies even worse behavior.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

VoiceOfReason wrote:

I work with confidential data, and I can tell you that a simple release (even unintentional) is cause for dismissal, fines and prison time. There exists good reason for security protocols. Particularly data security. Hosting any State Dept. data on her private server was STUPID. Criminality is yet to be determined.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

HokieJoe wrote:I work with confidential data, and I can tell you that a simple release (even unintentional) is cause for dismissal, fines and prison time. There exists good reason for security protocols. Particularly data security. Hosting any State Dept. data on her private server was STUPID. Criminality is yet to be determined.
You mean that you don't store your confidential data on a server next to the toilet?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:The head stands are amusing.
What head stands? The burden of proof is on you guys. Innocent until proven guilty. The server itself was not illegal. Now the play is to see if there any bad outcomes? And since I don't watch Faux News or subscribe to the Limberger Letter... I have not seen any real accusations. But you guys tell me they are coming... so OK. I'm waiting... I believe everything I read on here. This board's record speaks for itself :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow!

Tell me. Is it on the left one or the right one? Which cheek, the Hillary tattoo that you have on your fanboi ass?
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote: And did Bill Clinton do anything ILLEGAL with Monica? No. Immoral, embarrassing, breaking marriage vows? Yes, but not illegal. Yet, that was the investigation.
You need to think a little harder on this. Infidelity is a major problem for Clinton for the same reason it is for anyone who holds a security clearance:

1. Dishonesty in your marriage translates to dishonesty elsewhere.
2. The blackmail angle is absolutely in play. If a foreign intelligence service found out he was a cheater before we did - what would Clinton have done in order to keep it secret?

The left always tries to shrug this off as if it was a witch hunt. You'll remember that Petreaus was fired for: 1. An affair; and, 2. Improper handling of classified materials. The left really has no leg to stand on here.