the assault weapon of smoking guns

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

the assault weapon of smoking guns

Post by awesome guy »

I'm going to chuckle at VOR for laughably dismissing Clinton's email server revelations, amongst other things. Not only did she have SAP information on her servers, she also had the names of active spies. She has information so confidential that the FBI investigators didn't have clearance to see it and so they had to find people with the lifestyle polly to investigate. And let's be real, there is no way she couldn't have had this information on there performing her job as Secretary of State. This is the day-to-day activities of the job, working with sensitive information and intelligence to direct American foreign policy. I lot of the chuckleheads think of the job as like being the friendly face of America. And their certainly is aspect of that, but they also direct intelligence operations. They're the agency that consumes and acts on intelligence gathered from the CIA, they're a primary channel for inserting spies into foreign nations, they direct the actions of special operations. State Department is where a lot of ex-SEALs and the like end up when they leave the DOD, to act in a capacity similar to the ones of the SEALs killed in Benghazi. It's a central piece in our intelligence and paramilitary activities. Coming into contact with this information is central to the job function, thusly the law being that communications have to occur over government secured infrastructure. Like the one email disclosed of Hillary telling a guy to fax sensitive information to a non secure location, he had to do it that way because secured email servers are physically segregated from the DMZ. There's not a physical connection from the public internet like most people think of email to the secured servers. So things have to be manually retyped, inputted, etc. to move the information between networks. I think the investigators need to do a better job explaining this to the general public because people like VOR think she's using an email system similar to the one his grandmother uses with similar content. It's a different beast altogether to prevent security breaches. And her "private sever" totally compromised the operations of the state department to foreign governments (read the people we're spying on), Al Qaeda, North Korea, hackers in general, etc. It's not only negligent, but criminal. And that's but one of many reasons the FBI is having a shetstorm over this. Additionally, if she isn't prosecuted then she's effectively undermining the ability of the government secure communications and archive documents from the executive branch.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... ton-emails
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: the assault weapon of smoking guns

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I'm going to chuckle at VOR for laughably dismissing Clinton's email server revelations, amongst other things. Not only did she have SAP information on her servers, she also had the names of active spies. She has information so confidential that the FBI investigators didn't have clearance to see it and so they had to find people with the lifestyle polly to investigate. And let's be real, there is no way she couldn't have had this information on there performing her job as Secretary of State. This is the day-to-day activities of the job, working with sensitive information and intelligence to direct American foreign policy. I lot of the chuckleheads think of the job as like being the friendly face of America. And their certainly is aspect of that, but they also direct intelligence operations. They're the agency that consumes and acts on intelligence gathered from the CIA, they're a primary channel for inserting spies into foreign nations, they direct the actions of special operations. State Department is where a lot of ex-SEALs and the like end up when they leave the DOD, to act in a capacity similar to the ones of the SEALs killed in Benghazi. It's a central piece in our intelligence and paramilitary activities. Coming into contact with this information is central to the job function, thusly the law being that communications have to occur over government secured infrastructure. Like the one email disclosed of Hillary telling a guy to fax sensitive information to a non secure location, he had to do it that way because secured email servers are physically segregated from the DMZ. There's not a physical connection from the public internet like most people think of email to the secured servers. So things have to be manually retyped, inputted, etc. to move the information between networks. I think the investigators need to do a better job explaining this to the general public because people like VOR think she's using an email system similar to the one his grandmother uses with similar content. It's a different beast altogether to prevent security breaches. And her "private sever" totally compromised the operations of the state department to foreign governments (read the people we're spying on), Al Qaeda, North Korea, hackers in general, etc. It's not only negligent, but criminal. And that's but one of many reasons the FBI is having a shetstorm over this. Additionally, if she isn't prosecuted then she's effectively undermining the ability of the government secure communications and archive documents from the executive branch.

I assume a lot of people don't realize this given some of the puzzling excuses I've seen. The systems are "air-gapped" (in part) to prevent exactly what she did.

This is something the media would be reporting on if they had any integrity. I've noticed her saying this before and I'm glad someone else picked up on it:
“Listen to how she parses the words,” he said of Clinton’s defensive sound bites. “‘I did not receive or send information marked classified.’ That doesn’t matter. It’s not the marking that makes a government piece of information classified. It’s the nature of the information.”
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I'm going to chuckle at VOR for laughably dismissing Clinton's email server revelations, amongst other things. Not only did she have SAP information on her servers, she also had the names of active spies. She has information so confidential that the FBI investigators didn't have clearance to see it and so they had to find people with the lifestyle polly to investigate. And let's be real, there is no way she couldn't have had this information on there performing her job as Secretary of State. This is the day-to-day activities of the job, working with sensitive information and intelligence to direct American foreign policy. I lot of the chuckleheads think of the job as like being the friendly face of America. And their certainly is aspect of that, but they also direct intelligence operations. They're the agency that consumes and acts on intelligence gathered from the CIA, they're a primary channel for inserting spies into foreign nations, they direct the actions of special operations. State Department is where a lot of ex-SEALs and the like end up when they leave the DOD, to act in a capacity similar to the ones of the SEALs killed in Benghazi. It's a central piece in our intelligence and paramilitary activities. Coming into contact with this information is central to the job function, thusly the law being that communications have to occur over government secured infrastructure. Like the one email disclosed of Hillary telling a guy to fax sensitive information to a non secure location, he had to do it that way because secured email servers are physically segregated from the DMZ. There's not a physical connection from the public internet like most people think of email to the secured servers. So things have to be manually retyped, inputted, etc. to move the information between networks. I think the investigators need to do a better job explaining this to the general public because people like VOR think she's using an email system similar to the one his grandmother uses with similar content. It's a different beast altogether to prevent security breaches. And her "private sever" totally compromised the operations of the state department to foreign governments (read the people we're spying on), Al Qaeda, North Korea, hackers in general, etc. It's not only negligent, but criminal. And that's but one of many reasons the FBI is having a shetstorm over this. Additionally, if she isn't prosecuted then she's effectively undermining the ability of the government secure communications and archive documents from the executive branch.

I assume a lot of people don't realize this given some of the puzzling excuses I've seen. The systems are "air-gapped" (in part) to prevent exactly what she did.

This is something the media would be reporting on if they had any integrity. I've noticed her saying this before and I'm glad someone else picked up on it:
“Listen to how she parses the words,” he said of Clinton’s defensive sound bites. “‘I did not receive or send information marked classified.’ That doesn’t matter. It’s not the marking that makes a government piece of information classified. It’s the nature of the information.”
A further parsing of words is the statement she didn't send or receive info "marked classified". In the literal sense this is true as "classified" is not a marking used on documents. This allows her to make this honest statement to the general public, the great majority of which have no knowledge of how classified documents are marked and thus believe that she didn't mishandle them.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

A further parsing of words is the statement she didn't send or receive info "marked classified". In the literal sense this is true as "classified" is not a marking used on documents. This allows her to make this honest statement to the general public, the great majority of which have no knowledge of how classified documents are marked and thus believe that she didn't mishandle them.
They wouldn't even have correct labeling because she had her people strip them as they transcribed information between systems. She's totally dishonest.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

They wouldn't even have correct labeling because she had her people strip them as they transcribed information between systems. She's totally dishonest.
That's just it. It sounds good to the koolaid drinkers and window lickers, but it's a worthless statement at best, incriminating to her staff at worst .
burgrugby
Alma Mater: Hokie through and through
Party: Indy - leaning pub

Post by burgrugby »

"Spillage" is when classified information ends up on un-classified systems. There are procedures in place to deal with spillage and it's not fun (depending on the level of classification. We're required to take yearly re-training on treatment of classified information and what to do in cases of spillage. When wiki leaks started publishing data a few years ago, we received multiple warnings not to visit those sites from work computers. Even though the information had been made public, it was still classified information and viewing those files on an un-classified work computer would be considered "spillage" and our computer would be confiscated and cleaned (aka - you'd lose all your files). In addition, you could face adverse actions and/or loss of clearance for violating security policies by having classified materials on an un-classified system.

Hillary was subject to the same yearly training requirements that all employees with clearances are required to take. She violated the above and should have known better (and should be punished). Even if her files were not marked classified, many are still classified materials (it's the material in the communication, not the marking on the message). I would also assume that many of the work related email she sent would be deemed automatically classified because it originated from the SOS.
133743Hokie wrote:...the great majority of which have no knowledge of how classified documents are marked...
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

VOR has his head so buried on matters pertaining to Hillary!-> it is hillaryious.
This is the day-to-day activities of the job, working with sensitive information and intelligence to direct American foreign policy....Coming into contact with this information is central to the job function
So, apparently, is taking money from foreign governments in exchange for influence. :lol:

This bitch needs not only to be tarred an feathered and paraded around DC's mall on a wooden rail, she then needs to be hanged for treason and her body left there for carrion to nibble. An example needs to be made; if not, it will happen again.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

It's really simple to keep info segregated. All classified work is done in a SCIF, on a CLASNET, a closed LAN with removable hard drives that are kept in safes. Hard copies are either kept as "working papers" or labeled and logged. It's all a big PITA, but the system works, at least if you try and work within the framework and guidelines established.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:It's really simple to keep info segregated. All classified work is done on a CLASNET, a closed LAN with removable hard drives that are kept in safes.

no removable drives. That's a weakness and only used if necessary. The USB ports should also be disabled to disallow thumb drive access or only allow encrypted drives with the system having the key and not the user. All drives should be encrypted. Agree with the rest. That segregation is why the Clinton people were transcribing classified information that magically didn't have a classification on the document!
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:It's really simple to keep info segregated. All classified work is done on a CLASNET, a closed LAN with removable hard drives that are kept in safes.

no removable drives. That's a weakness and only used if necessary. The USB ports should also be disabled to disallow thumb drive access or only allow encrypted drives with the system having the key and not the user. All drives should be encrypted. Agree with the rest. That segregation is why the Clinton people were transcribing classified information that magically didn't have a classification on the document!
I'm telling you what the process IS (I worked in the Intel environment for 20 years). ALL information is stored in a locked container/safe --whether hard paper or electronics (hard drives, thumb drives). All data storage media is removable so it can be locked up. Last person out makes sure everything is put away, locked up, alarmed, etc.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I'm telling you what the process IS (I worked in the Intel environment for 20 years). ALL information is stored in a locked container/safe --whether hard paper or electronics (hard drives, thumb drives). All data storage media is removable so it can be locked up. Last person out makes sure everything is put away, locked up, alarmed, etc.

I have too and we never went that far. We had what I said, encrypted drives with USB access disabled. I guess each agency did it a little differently. DOD was actually more slack than DHS.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:

I've seen it both ways.
burgrugby
Alma Mater: Hokie through and through
Party: Indy - leaning pub

Post by burgrugby »

If we plug anything into our USB drives, the computer immediately locks up and IT has to come take it away. You don't get it back for several days. It's a huge no-no.
awesome guy wrote:

I have too and we never went that far. We had what I said, encrypted drives with USB access disabled. I guess each agency did it a little differently. DOD was actually more slack than DHS.