Trump on O'reilly

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Trump on O'reilly

Post by awesome guy »

I thought Trump made himself look very small and unpresidential in this whole debate skipping thing. FOX isn't looking great either by taunting him. Kelly did take a cheap shot at him, but that goes with the territory. I'm inclined to think this would be his Newt moment where he nosedives like Newt did after crying about negative ads. And I use weasel words because nothing about Trump has followed normal politics and this could turn to be a stroke of genius as it'll improve his image to liberals and those center-left, FOX hating, and angry at Obama and Hillary. It could help in the general election as it moves him closer to the center saying he doesn't worship FOX. I don't know if it'll play out that way because he has to win the primary first, but who knows.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Trump on O'reilly

Post by USN_Hokie »

1. I think it's too early to say how this shirt show turns out. I just read CNN is giving him a competing slot for his event.

2. Fox is definitely wrestling with a pig here. Ace's blog made a really good point: their response is mirroring attacks by other presidential candidates...they're providing validation for Trump's argument which was otherwise ridiculous.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

After reading who some of the "You Tube" personalities are that Fox has invited to the debate to ask questions I'm pretty sure I'll skip it too. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:After reading who some of the "You Tube" personalities are that Fox has invited to the debate to ask questions I'm pretty sure I'll skip it too. :)
Yeah, I wonder if that's what it's really about. Trump doesn't want a couple Muslim yahoos calling him a bigot on the big stage. Too many traps set for him. He must figure his absence kills ratings and so the for sure free shots from other candidates won't be heard. I don't see how that would actually work though, I think he shot himself in the foot. But it's an exceptional foot!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Maybe he is showing Fox who's boss. Their ratings plummet without him, and hence their revenue plummets. These debates are the easiest money you could ever make in tv I bet. Ask a few questions and get millions of viewers.....cha ching. He is hitting them in the wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

I honestly haven't watched any of these recent debates. I have no intention of supporting any of the commies on the Democrat side, and the only Pub I have any interest in hearing from, Rand Paul, keeps getting jobbed out of stage time. And come October, the whole thing is rigged so no voices other than those with the most money will ever be heard. So screw the debates. It's all a sham and not a single one of these blowhards has any intention of ever delivering on all the crap they're spewing. I've heard all this tripe before. Once the election is over, it's as if they never said any of it. Fück em.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

It wasn't a cheap shot taken at Trump by Kelly at all.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Maybe he is showing Fox who's boss. Their ratings plummet without him, and hence their revenue plummets. These debates are the easiest money you could ever make in tv I bet. Ask a few questions and get millions of viewers.....cha ching. He is hitting them in the wallet.

The revenue for the debate is already set. Trump stepping out isn't going to hurt Fox financially. It's 2 hours on one night.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Maybe he is showing Fox who's boss. Their ratings plummet without him, and hence their revenue plummets. These debates are the easiest money you could ever make in tv I bet. Ask a few questions and get millions of viewers.....cha ching. He is hitting them in the wallet.

The revenue for the debate is already set. Trump stepping out isn't going to hurt Fox financially. It's 2 hours on one night.
For events like this, I wonder if advertisers have make-good provisions like they did for the NY6 in CFB where ESPN had to pay back millions in ad revenue?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

133743Hokie wrote:The revenue for the debate is already set. Trump stepping out isn't going to hurt Fox financially. It's 2 hours on one night.
Truth. And there has been so much talk about Trump skipping it... I bet ratings are high just to see the spectacle. It was an unorthodox, calculated move by Trump... gonna be very interesting to see which way it goes with GOP voters.

But don't worry about Libs and Dems... we have made up our minds on Trump long ago. One good thought from him - FOX hating - will not win us over :mrgreen: