Rubio is quitting politics altogether

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Rubio is quitting politics altogether

Post by awesome guy »

Says he'll be a private citizen in January. I suspect the mistresses rumors are true.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Re: Rubio is quitting politics altogether

Post by RiverguyVT »

What rumors? LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:What rumors? LOL
Haha, well played sir.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Gives him an opportunity to give the GOP one last middle finger by...let's say...voting to end a particular filibuster that could happen between now and 1/20/17.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:I suspect the mistresses rumors are true.
A US Senator possibly had a mistress? I'm shocked!
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I suspect the mistresses rumors are true.
A US Senator possibly had a mistress? I'm shocked!
Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie, and Donald Trump are disgusted!!!
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

He lost his home state of Florida...And badly I might add. What else can he do at this point? I don'the think he's a bad guy, but some time in the private sector would serve him well if he decides to make another go at office. I'd suggest he start with a Governship next time. He's young and green, POTUS can wait. The lesson for him is: listen to your constituency next time.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
miles

Post by miles »

HokieJoe wrote:He lost his home state of Florida...And badly I might add. What else can he do at this point? I don'the think he's a bad guy, but some time in the private sector would serve him well if he decides to make another go at office. I'd suggest he start with a Governship next time. He's young and green, POTUS can wait. The lesson for him is: listen to your constituency next time.
Way too green. His lack of control over personal finances revealed, at least to me, a character flaw, that disqualified him from further consideration.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The fact of the matter is, once he became a member of the gang of 8, his Presidential aspirations were done. He could have been one of the greatest candidates we've ever seen had he not been stained with that stunt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. He was never going to the vote of conservatives in the primary for that reason alone.

Part of me thinks Chuck Schumer seduced him into making a bipartisan deal just so he could destroy Rubio's future in politics.

But the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of Rubio. He was elected into office by the Tea Party, and one of the first big things he does is go for amnesty? What was he thinking?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieJoe wrote:He lost his home state of Florida...And badly I might add. What else can he do at this point? I don'the think he's a bad guy, but some time in the private sector would serve him well if he decides to make another go at office. I'd suggest he start with a Governship next time. He's young and green, POTUS can wait. The lesson for him is: listen to your constituency next time.
I hear he wants to run for FL governor in 2018, but he would have been much better off had he dropped out of this race before the FL primary so he didn't have that embarrassing loss on his resume. I really wonder if wanted Trump to win because by staying in, he all but doomed Cruz's chances of stopping Trump.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Interesting move since if he was nominated president and won, politics and things relating to it are basically the only things he could ever do again.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

miles wrote:
Way too green. His lack of control over personal finances revealed, at least to me, a character flaw, that disqualified him from further consideration.
His personal finance "issues" were pure BS.