John Oliver brought his Clayton Kershaw stuff last night

Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: John Oliver brought his Clayton Kershaw stuff last night

Post by awesome guy »

News for LIVs!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Pfffft that's easy for him to say...England has a channel. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Pfffft that's easy for him to say...England has a channel. :)
A channel and a wall. :)
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

John Oliver is getting pretty stale IMHO. The shtick never changes. I really liked the first few episodes from season 1, but is is getting dry. Maybe he needs some new writers. It is almost predictable now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

I found it funny how Trump's number keeps changing for the cost of the wall. And let's not pretend that the costs of maintaining the wall won't be steep either. It would be another government program bound to have excess waste and costs. Trump supporters are getting hoodwinked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:I found it funny how Trump's number keeps changing for the cost of the wall. And let's not pretend that the costs of maintaining the wall won't be steep either. It would be another government program bound to have excess waste and costs. Trump supporters are getting hoodwinked.

You do realize there is also cost for allowing illegals to pour across our southern border don't you? Among these are welfare that we are paying to both the illegals and to Americans that lost their job to these illegals. Not to mention the costs associated with all of the crime they bring here.

So don't sit there and pretend that you are suddenly worried about the cost. The benefits far out way the costs.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I found it funny how Trump's number keeps changing for the cost of the wall. And let's not pretend that the costs of maintaining the wall won't be steep either. It would be another government program bound to have excess waste and costs. Trump supporters are getting hoodwinked.

You do realize there is also cost for allowing illegals to pour across our southern border don't you? Among these are welfare that we are paying to both the illegals and to Americans that lost their job to these illegals. Not to mention the costs associated with all of the crime they bring here.

So don't sit there and pretend that you are suddenly worried about the cost. The benefits far out way the costs.
As a CPA, I'm very well aware of cost/benefit analysis and have never said there aren't costs associated with illegal immigration.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

So Uppie - what are the costs of:

1) The welfare we are paying for the illegals
2) the welfare of Americans who lost jobs to the illegals
3) the cost associated with the crime they bring

Since you are so sure of the benefit, surely you know the actual costs of these things.

Oh yeah - in your analysis, don't forget the economic benefit provided by those illegals that are doing a needed job without otherwise committing crime.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Since you are so sure of the benefit, surely you know the actual costs of these things.

Oh yeah - in your analysis, don't forget the economic benefit provided by those illegals that are doing a needed job without otherwise committing crime.
Google is your friend: http://www.fairus.org/publications/the- ... -taxpayers

I think can build and maintain a pretty nice wall for the costs detailed in this link.

But the benefits are not strictly monetary. One of the few actual responsibilities of the federal government is to provide for the common defense. That includes securing our borders and protecting our sovereignty. The military costs a lot more than a wall will cost, but is that an argument for not having a military? Most rational people would say its not.

I am not so much worried about the cost of the wall as I am having control over who comes into our country and who does not. Nolan was the person to raise the cost as an issue we should be worried about.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I think can build and maintain a pretty nice wall for the costs detailed in this link.

But the benefits are not strictly monetary. One of the few actual responsibilities of the federal government is to provide for the common defense. That includes securing our borders and protecting our sovereignty. The military costs a lot more than a wall will cost, but is that an argument for not having a military? Most rational people would say its not.

I am not so much worried about the cost of the wall as I am having control over who comes into our country and who does not. Nolan was the person to raise the cost as an issue we should be worried about.
Yes...Google is my friend:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/09 ... ate/193546
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Yes...Google is my friend:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/09 ... ate/193546
Media matters. LOL
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Is this election taking place in the aughts?
People who know, know.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

TheH2 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Is this election taking place in the aughts?
No. its taking place in 2016: http://hypeline.org/no-intention-of-deporting-illegals/