If Oakton where here, he'd agree

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

If Oakton where here, he'd agree

Post by ip_law-hokie »

That I'm tired is seeing a VT coach who did not make the tournament on TV doing the half time show.

Edit: He'd also make fun of my grammar mistake.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: If Oakton where here, he'd agree

Post by nolanvt »

My counter would be he exceeded reasonable expectations.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:My counter would be he exceeded reasonable expectations.
He certainly did.

That's entirely separate from the issue of having our well paid coach, again, accept money from CBS to work a tourney he did not make.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
He certainly did.

That's entirely separate from the issue of having our well paid coach, again, accept money from CBS to work a tourney he did not make.
That becomes a reasonable criticism starting next year.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
He certainly did.

That's the hot take from gawker sports.

#GaySports
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
He certainly did.

I'll grant you that I'm holding Seth's actions against him.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
He certainly did.

#GaySports
5 points for bringing up the ghey. Me and FloHo are proud
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
He certainly did.

#GaySports
5 points for bringing up the ghey. Me and FloHo are proud
Is basketball played with an oval or round ball?
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

basketball is now played with dreadlocks and tats.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Missing on both Curry brothers forever rendered Seth a moron.

How he translated a gig at South Florida into prime TV spot is ...weird.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Attila T Hun wrote:basketball is now played with dreadlocks and tats.
Do they make you afraid or something?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
Do you think they're sports equipment?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I tend to ignore them while I'm watching sports.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I tend to ignore them while I'm watching sports.
Uh huh
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote: Uh huh
I wouldn't be surprised if you and 1674 were so insecure that the sight of dreadlocks and tats took away from your enjoyment of the product on the court/field.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Uh huh
I wouldn't be surprised if you and 1674 were so insecure that the sight of dreadlocks and tats took away from your enjoyment of the product on the court/field.
You're not surprised by anything, that would take a brain.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Missing on both Curry brothers forever rendered Seth a moron.

Because every other Power 5 coach wanted them so badly...
miles

Post by miles »

BG Hokie wrote:

That did not and does not hunt.
Big Time Seth spent little of his precious time on the Currys. He was patronizing and condescending, more important to VT than them. If they wanted their kid to walk on and be a water boy, that would be fine. They could afford to pay for it. Seth was a Big Time talent evaluator. Of course maybe he didn't know that the kid was tearing up every league he ever played, even against older and bigger kids. Seth just didn't want to be bothered with some legacy from another era. He didn't have the time or interest for that. He had just a few scholarships and he was in the process of signing real NBA talent. Real talent, like .... er ... well, real big talent.

Same thing happened again with Seth, even less interest. When Seth tore it up in Lynchburg, and everyone came calling, the Currys didn't take the great evaluator's call.

This was prescient, by the way. It was the same big time know it all arrogance, no time for the athletic administration, no time for other VT coaches or staffs, no time for review of university policies and no time for an NCAA campus staff seminar on rules and regulations that eventually got him dismissed.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Big Time Seth spent little of his precious time on the Currys. He was patronizing and condescending, more important to VT than them. If they wanted their kid to walk on and be a water boy, that would be fine. They could afford to pay for it. Seth was a Big Time talent evaluator. Of course maybe he didn't know that the kid was tearing up every league he ever played, even against older and bigger kids. Seth just didn't want to be bothered with some legacy from another era. He didn't have the time or interest for that. He had just a few scholarships and he was in the process of signing real NBA talent. Real talent, like .... er ... well, real big talent.

Same thing happened again with Seth, even less interest. When Seth tore it up in Lynchburg, and everyone came calling, the Currys didn't take the great evaluator's call.

This was prescient, by the way. It was the same big time know it all arrogance, no time for the athletic administration, no time for other VT coaches or staffs, no time for review of university policies and no time for an NCAA campus staff seminar on rules and regulations that eventually got him dismissed.
What pure, unadulterated BS!
miles

Post by miles »

133743Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Here you go. It was common knowledge at the time:
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... t-va-tech/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... greenberg/

There was a lot more info in print at the time, but I'm having trouble finding it right now.
Weaver was apparently angry with Greenberg blowing off a scheduled Department wide workshop where all other VT personnel attended. That was the final straw in combo with the all the turnover on Greenberg's staff.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Of course it hunts. Nobody looked at the older Curry in his sophomore or junior year in high school and thought he would contribute at an ACC level. Did he even play AAU? Once it looked like he could play at a D1 level, he was offered a walk on position with a scholarship after, because ALL scholarships were already accounted for.

I have no idea how good or bad the family was treated by Seth. You act like you do, but none of that is fact, it's hearsay at best. I would bet even the Currys would think you're embellishing Seth's attitude towards them, even though they're probably not big fans of his.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

miles wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
miles wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

Here you go. It was common knowledge at the time:
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... t-va-tech/

There was a lot more info in print at the time, but I'm having trouble finding it right now.
Weaver was apparently angry with Greenberg blowing off a scheduled Department wide workshop where all other VT personnel attended. That was the final straw in combo with the all the turnover on Greenberg's staff.
Has nothing to do with Curry's. VT was the only P5 school to even consider Curry. Greenberg offered him a preferred walk-on spot with a chance to have a scholarship his sophomore year if warranted. No other major school did. When Curry made his official visit to VT he was eaten alive in pickup games with the team -- just abused. Couldn't get his shot off.