The story of the two black kids who shot the infant in

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

The story of the two black kids who shot the infant in

Post by oaktonhokie »

Georgia.... I dunno, something doesn't fit.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: The story of the two black kids who shot the infant in

Post by Florida Hokie »

It's close to Jacksonville and getting a lot of coverage here. The mother is the key witness and reportedly has a lot of mental issues. SHe also had a life insurance policy on the baby - which is strange but maybe innocent - Gerber or someone sells those things. Just the brutality of it is shocking enough to make you think something isn't adding up.
oaktonhokie wrote:Georgia.... I dunno, something doesn't fit.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:It's close to Jacksonville and getting a lot of coverage here. The mother is the key witness and reportedly has a lot of mental issues. SHe also had a life insurance policy on the baby - which is strange but maybe innocent - Gerber or someone sells those things. Just the brutality of it is shocking enough to make you think something isn't adding up.

I know that this is Florida and thus horrible decisions are commonplace, but killing your baby to collect a gerber life insurance policy sounds exceptionally stupid. Aren't those policies just a few thousand bucks usually? She could sell the baby on the street and get more than that.

On a serious note...as sketchy as the family's story is, the evidence against the teens is pretty compelling - they were turned in by a family member, led police to a firearm (illegal, of course), and have been implicated in another random robbery/shooting (the same gun was positively linked to it).

Have forensics come back on the gun? That will tell a lot...
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

First of all, it's in Georgia ya wisecracker.

Second, I can't say I've followed it all that closely. The family is shady as all get out though.
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:It's close to Jacksonville and getting a lot of coverage here. The mother is the key witness and reportedly has a lot of mental issues. SHe also had a life insurance policy on the baby - which is strange but maybe innocent - Gerber or someone sells those things. Just the brutality of it is shocking enough to make you think something isn't adding up.

I know that this is Florida and thus horrible decisions are commonplace, but killing your baby to collect a gerber life insurance policy sounds exceptionally stupid. Aren't those policies just a few thousand bucks usually? She could sell the baby on the street and get more than that.

On a serious note...as sketchy as the family's story is, the evidence against the teens is pretty compelling - they were turned in by a family member, led police to a firearm (illegal, of course), and have been implicated in another random robbery/shooting (the same gun was positively linked to it).

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:First of all, it's in Georgia ya wisecracker.

Second, I can't say I've followed it all that closely. The family is shady as all get out though.
USN_Hokie wrote:

LOL, oops. Maybe I just assumed. You have to admit that it was a reasonable assumption. ;)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

right there in Brunswick, off I-95, is some outstanding BBQ.
The Georgia Pig.

try it. You won't be sorry.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.