A conservative candidate for president has emerged

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ieatbacon

A conservative candidate for president has emerged

Post by ieatbacon »

He's a complete unknown to me, but lots of #nevertrump people seem to be happy. It'll be interesting if he gets any traction.

https://www.evanmcmullin.com/my_letter_ ... Eo.twitter
cwtcr hokie

Re: A conservative candidate for president has emerged

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ieatbacon wrote:He's a complete unknown to me, but lots of #nevertrump people seem to be happy. It'll be interesting if he gets any traction.

not a snowballs chance in hell
ieatbacon

Post by ieatbacon »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ieatbacon wrote:He's a complete unknown to me, but lots of #nevertrump people seem to be happy. It'll be interesting if he gets any traction.

Clinton is probably going to win. He gives conservatives that oppose Trump somebody to vote for/send a message that Trump is not OK. It could depress Trump's numbers even more without further hurting down ballot Rs.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

ieatbacon wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Clinton is probably going to win. He gives conservatives that oppose Trump somebody to vote for/send a message that Trump is not OK. It could depress Trump's numbers even more without further hurting down ballot Rs.
Which would make him all the more an important candidate.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

He sounds like a Hillary voter to me.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

HokieJoe wrote:He sounds like a Hillary voter to me.
That's an interesting comment. How so?
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

VisorBoy wrote:
Because by some convoluted logic, you're a Hillary supporter if you dare oppose Trump, even if you're not voting for Hillary.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Because by some convoluted logic, you're a Hillary supporter if you dare oppose Trump, even if you're not voting for Hillary.
Tis' perfectly logical. You just don't like hearing it. Hillary is a greater threat to this country than Trump. Nothing more need be said.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

[#nevertrump]When at first you don't succeed just throw someone out there that numb minded folks will oooooh and aaaaah over...for 15 seconds.[/#nevertrump]
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ieatbacon

Post by ieatbacon »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Tis' perfectly logical. You just don't like hearing it. Hillary is a greater threat to this country than Trump. Nothing more need be said.
Well, that's your opinion. And it differs from the 50 GOP national security officials from the other thread. So, maybe more does need to be said...
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ieatbacon wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Well, that's your opinion. And it differs from the 50 GOP national security officials from the other thread. So, maybe more does need to be said...
Not really. Based on her vast array of F ups, any 'national security official' who thinks Hillary is qualified should probably be standing in an unemployment line.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
His positions sounds quite the opposite from a Clinton voter.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

VisorBoy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

I don't care what his stated positions are because they are irrelevant. If he takes votes from Trump, he is helping to elect Hillary. Hillary is a bigger threat to the country than Trump. Obama is a bigger threat than Trump, but this dumba@# has his principles to consider.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:[#nevertrump]When at first you don't succeed just throw someone out there that numb minded folks will oooooh and aaaaah over...for 15 seconds.[/#nevertrump]
^^This^^
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

I don't care what his stated positions are because they are irrelevant. If he takes votes from Trump, he is helping to elect Hillary. Hillary is a bigger threat to the country than Trump. Obama is a bigger threat than Trump, but this dumba@# has his principles to consider.
Yep. They're really supporting someone who's incompetence got an ambassador and at least 1 spy killed. They must fear a mysterious and sudden death like the 5 DNC fraud whistle-blowers got.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:Tis' perfectly logical. You just don't like hearing it. Hillary is a greater threat to this country than Trump. Nothing more need be said.
I'm not voting for Hillary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ieatbacon wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
IMO those 50 are more concerned about there personal status than their country, and that's a shame
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Nope.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Nope.

Yep
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
ieatbacon wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
IMO those 50 are more concerned about there personal status than their country, and that's a shame

Yep.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
Nope.

Burma Shave!
ieatbacon

Post by ieatbacon »

133743Hokie wrote:
ieatbacon wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
That's an easy way to dismiss their points... I guess we should put more confidence in the guy that has developed his foreign policy through watching cable news...
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ieatbacon wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
^^This!!!^^ Unless these people were out there warning us of how disastrous Obama would be as a President, then they have zero credibility.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: ^^This!!!^^ Unless these people were out there warning us of how disastrous Obama would be as a President, then they have zero credibility.

Even if they felt that way, they didn't have the balls to come forward and say it. Hating Trump in the DC social set is cool, so coming out against him is not just politically safe, it's brave.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ieatbacon wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ieatbacon wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: That's an interesting comment. How so?
That's an easy way to dismiss their points... I guess we should put more confidence in the guy that has developed his foreign policy through watching cable news...
The thing is their points aren't so much policy as they are anti-Trump. That's the purpose.