Is it just me or are we witnessing the total implosion...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Is it just me or are we witnessing the total implosion...

Post by Major Kong »

of a "vaunted" news network CNN :?:

They're not even trying anymore. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Mcl3 Hokie

Re: Is it just me or are we witnessing the total implosion..

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I'm in LAX and walk into the Delta Club and the first thing I see on CNN is a piece on Trump having a disgraced congressman sitting in his audience. I guess they had to find something to offset the Orlando shooter's dad in Clinton's audience.

I really can't stomach CNN anymore. It all started with the Candy Crowley debate incident.
Major Kong wrote:of a "vaunted" news network CNN :?:

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I'm in LAX and walk into the Delta Club and the first thing I see on CNN is a piece on Trump having a disgraced congressman sitting in his audience. I guess they had to find something to offset the Orlando shooter's dad in Clinton's audience.

I really can't stomach CNN anymore. It all started with the Candy Crowley debate incident.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I'm in LAX and walk into the Delta Club and the first thing I see on CNN is a piece on Trump having a disgraced congressman sitting in his audience. I guess they had to find something to offset the Orlando shooter's dad in Clinton's audience.

Then you haven't heard about the Secret Service meeting with Trump that actually didn't happen at all :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Say what? What bothers me most about all news sources now is that don't care about being accurate, they only want to be first. Richard Jewel knows all about that.
Major Kong wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:I'm in LAX and walk into the Delta Club and the first thing I see on CNN is a piece on Trump having a disgraced congressman sitting in his audience. I guess they had to find something to offset the Orlando shooter's dad in Clinton's audience.

Then you haven't heard about the Secret Service meeting with Trump that actually didn't happen at all :?:
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I'm hoping this media "outrage" and out right lies backfires big time and Trump does get elected.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

They just attempted a bait & switch. Just two months ago they admitted to being too liberal in an attempt to attract some moderate/conservative viewers. So they tried to bring more balance to the network for about 2 weeks. Then as soon as the GOP convention got started, they went on an all out frontal assault. They didn't even try to pretend to be balanced.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... k-liberal/

But now they are so over zealous in their anti-Trump/pro-Hillary infomercial mode, that they are easily fooled by fake stories, but they probably don't even care. If anyone says something that makes Trump look bad, they'll report it.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... ning-clam/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Their Trump bashing is being reflected in their ratings.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/scoreboa ... t-9/301887

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

The LIVs love it so I doubt they implode. The CNN audience doesn't care that the stories are fake and dishonest, they care that a "legitimate" news agency loves Clinton and fears Trump as much as they do. They've always been biased and dishonest, it's just overt now.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:They just attempted a bait & switch. Just two months ago they admitted to being too liberal in an attempt to attract some moderate/conservative viewers. So they tried to bring more balance to the network for about 2 weeks. Then as soon as the GOP convention got started, they went on an all out frontal assault. They didn't even try to pretend to be balanced.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... k-liberal/

But now they are so over zealous in their anti-Trump/pro-Hillary infomercial mode, that they are easily fooled by fake stories, but they probably don't even care. If anyone says something that makes Trump look bad, they'll report it.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... ning-clam/

Everything Jeff Zucker touches morphs into a flaming pile of progressive dog squeeze.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

never mind that 4 years ago Biden told Obama he would have to pry his shotgun from his hands, both hillary and biden have said similar things as trump did about the second amendment, zero uproar, shocking