Star Wars: The Fans

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Star Wars: The Fans

Post by awesome guy »

These kids crack me up. There are millions of these dumb videos on youtube with fan theories. This guy wastes 8 minutes talking about all the lost limbs in Star Wars movies and then ponders why Luke's hand is mechanical in TFA and not in RTJ. I think he's got the technology all wrong as he seems to think his ESB hand was really flesh, got an infection, and rotted off. It was always prosthetic and never had organics over it. It was simply damaged in RTJ. I think he stumbles into a bit of the truth as the mechanical hand reminds Luke of the dark side, it also shows him following down the path of his father. But the real reason is advances in CGI make it possible now. I bet in the story, we'll discover that his old hand and maybe arm was cut off in another battle, maybe even when the Knights of Ren sacked his Jedi temple.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Re: Star Wars: The Fans

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote:These kids crack me up. There are millions of these dumb videos on youtube with fan theories. This guy wastes 8 minutes talking about all the lost limbs in Star Wars movies and then ponders why Luke's hand is mechanical in TFA and not in RTJ. I think he's got the technology all wrong as he seems to think his ESB hand was really flesh, got an infection, and rotted off. It was always prosthetic and never had organics over it. It was simply damaged in RTJ. I think he stumbles into a bit of the truth as the mechanical hand reminds Luke of the dark side, it also shows him following down the path of his father. But the real reason is advances in CGI make it possible now. I bet in the story, we'll discover that his old hand and maybe arm was cut off in another battle, maybe even when the Knights of Ren sacked his Jedi temple.
Have you figured out who Snoke is yet? Who are Rey's parents. Keep watching big guy. Let me know when you find the answers.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:These kids crack me up. There are millions of these dumb videos on youtube with fan theories. This guy wastes 8 minutes talking about all the lost limbs in Star Wars movies and then ponders why Luke's hand is mechanical in TFA and not in RTJ. I think he's got the technology all wrong as he seems to think his ESB hand was really flesh, got an infection, and rotted off. It was always prosthetic and never had organics over it. It was simply damaged in RTJ. I think he stumbles into a bit of the truth as the mechanical hand reminds Luke of the dark side, it also shows him following down the path of his father. But the real reason is advances in CGI make it possible now. I bet in the story, we'll discover that his old hand and maybe arm was cut off in another battle, maybe even when the Knights of Ren sacked his Jedi temple.
Have you figured out who Snoke is yet? Who are Rey's parents. Keep watching big guy. Let me know when you find the answers.
There are a million theories. We'll know next year, but right now I think Snoke is Darth Plageous and have no idea about Rey. Likely Luke's daughter, maybe Anikan reincarnated but that theory is kinda dumb and would be hard to pull off without jumping the shark. But hey, the end of episode III was dumb with the "nooooooooo" so maybe they will. She's obviously someone strong with the force and either had some kind of amnesia or is reincarnated. Not sure about her. I have Snoke being Plageous at 51% chance.

I'd like to see some of the characters in Rebels show up in Rouge One. If they could redo EIII, I'd make the injures to Vader less extreme and instead have him suffer more injuries through Rouge One. Like having Obi-Wan just crush his lungs with the force and cut off legs then have him receive a deep head cut and another arm loss in Rouge One. There's a rumor Vader gets a new suit in R1, explaining why he was kinda clunky in EIV and then had a smoother fighting style in EV.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
There are a million theories. We'll know next year, but right now I think Snoke is Darth Plageous and have no idea about Rey. Likely Luke's daughter, maybe Anikan reincarnated but that theory is kinda dumb and would be hard to pull off without jumping the shark. But hey, the end of episode III was dumb with the "nooooooooo" so maybe they will. She's obviously someone strong with the force and either had some kind of amnesia or is reincarnated. Not sure about her. I have Snoke being Plageous at 51% chance.

I'd like to see some of the characters in Rebels show up in Rouge One. If they could redo EIII, I'd make the injures to Vader less extreme and instead have him suffer more injuries through Rouge One. Like having Obi-Wan just crush his lungs with the force and cut off legs then have him receive a deep head cut and another arm loss in Rouge One. There's a rumor Vader gets a new suit in R1, explaining why he was kinda clunky in EIV and then had a smoother fighting style in EV.
Snoke is a new character. I'm pretty certain of that. The Plaguies theories have pretty much been debunked. Also, Rey was not at the academy when it was attacked. I'm reading the Life Debt novel now. I would not be surprised if Rey is not a Skywalker. I think she was born on Jakku. I have watched pretty much every video on YouTube about this. Lol.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

By the way, it looks like Vader will suffer some injuries in Rogue I. That may explain why he looks so bad in the original Star Wars. He is a bad ass in rebels.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Stupid question...you guys are talking as if there's some large plot arc planned ...but aren't there new writers / directors who are pretty much making shirt up as they go along?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Stupid question...you guys are talking as if there's some large plot arc planned ...but aren't there new writers / directors who are pretty much making shirt up as they go along?
It's both. They're making shirt up as they adhere to a broad arc concept. They have freedom within that and can change the arc, but it's thought out as 3 movies.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

By the way, it looks like Vader will suffer some injuries in Rogue I. That may explain why he looks so bad in the original Star Wars. He is a bad ass in rebels.
That's what I read too. Maybe a different suit altogether.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

What did you have for lunch?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:What did you have for lunch?
Chicken. And then I took a crap that coiled up like a snake. Bowl roller.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Someone has a squatty potty

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Someone has a squatty potty

Yes!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Is there some sort of for-dummies to explain WTH is going on with the Star Wars franchise for casual fans? I have no idea what's going on but would like to know the context of these "star wars story" movies before i see one. Also, was that Forrest Whittaker I saw in the promo? *barf*
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:Is there some sort of for-dummies to explain WTH is going on with the Star Wars franchise for casual fans? I have no idea what's going on but would like to know the context of these "star wars story" movies before i see one. Also, was that Forrest Whittaker I saw in the promo? *barf*
Yes, and he looked completely ridiculous
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Is there some sort of for-dummies to explain WTH is going on with the Star Wars franchise for casual fans? I have no idea what's going on but would like to know the context of these "star wars story" movies before i see one. Also, was that Forrest Whittaker I saw in the promo? *barf*
They're standalone movies in the Star Wars universe, expanding on topics briefly touched or left unanswered in the Skywalker oriented movies. Rouge One occurs the weeks before Episode IV A New Hope (the original Star Wars) and is the story of how the plans to the Death Star were stolen. It supposedly ends chronologically right before ANH begins. They're also doing one about young Han Solo and another about young Boba Fett. So those are "A Star Wars Story" movies. Episodes VIII and IX will continue with characters and story in The Force Awakens.

Yes Forrest Whitaker is in it which means Palpatine is transvestite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alPQgx7SGms