The countries laws are crazy.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Mcl3 Hokie

The countries laws are crazy.

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

My oldest daughter is being stalked by an ex. He barged into her place at college and tore up her room Thursday. Friday night hetracked her down in a bar and proceeded to push his way through the guys protecting her and got his hands on her. She was able to get away, and the ex smacked one of her girl friends in the face. Cops came and did nothing. Nada, zip, zilch.

We made sure our daughter didn't go home that night, and thankfully she didn't. He threw a rock through her bedroom window showering the entire room in glass. He also busted her windshield and keyed the entire car. Police came and said since no one could prove it was him there was nothing they could do.

I have her back at home tonight. I hope he tries something here. We'll see what happens when he's not picking on a 5'4" 110 lb girl.

So with everything happening, and his threatening to beat her up and shoot up the house, the police say they can't do anything. Well, they can't but I can if he comes on my property.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: The countries laws are crazy.

Post by awesome guy »

Prayers. Sounds like a good arse kicking are in order
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Same story with my wife 34 years ago...she handled it. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:My oldest daughter is being stalked by an ex. He barged into her place at college and tore up her room Thursday. Friday night hetracked her down in a bar and proceeded to push his way through the guys protecting her and got his hands on her. She was able to get away, and the ex smacked one of her girl friends in the face. Cops came and did nothing. Nada, zip, zilch.

We made sure our daughter didn't go home that night, and thankfully she didn't. He threw a rock through her bedroom window showering the entire room in glass. He also busted her windshield and keyed the entire car. Police came and said since no one could prove it was him there was nothing they could do.

I have her back at home tonight. I hope he tries something here. We'll see what happens when he's not picking on a 5'4" 110 lb girl.

So with everything happening, and his threatening to beat her up and shoot up the house, the police say they can't do anything. Well, they can't but I can if he comes on my property.
Holy hell. Best of luck dealing with that.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:My oldest daughter is being stalked by an ex. He barged into her place at college and tore up her room Thursday. Friday night hetracked her down in a bar and proceeded to push his way through the guys protecting her and got his hands on her. She was able to get away, and the ex smacked one of her girl friends in the face. Cops came and did nothing. Nada, zip, zilch.

Have you called the cops yourself? You should see what you can do. If he has done al love of this stuff, no telling what comes next. I would press the issue.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
houtexhokie

Post by houtexhokie »

Do you mind telling us what State and County you live in?
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Talked to them this afternoon on the phone. I think I pissed him off because I said if this was his daughter the ex would be in jail.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Have you called the cops yourself? You should see what you can do. If he has done al love of this stuff, no telling what comes next. I would press the issue.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

She's a senior at IU in Bloomington, IN. The police reports have been in Bloomington. We live in Carmel, just north of Indy.
houtexhokie wrote:Do you mind telling us what State and County you live in?
houtexhokie

Post by houtexhokie »

..Thanks .. I just don't think one can go about indicting "our countries laws " en mass . Sounds Like an Indiana/Carmel law problem.

I can understand your anger though. I once took the car keys away from a dude who was stalking my daughter and threw them in Sarasota Bay. He had to walk away and had difficult time explaining to the local cops why he was walking home and his car was still at my house.

Hope it all works out.

HT
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Now that's some stupid crap. It's not an Indiana thing. Its a country wide problem. The police do not handle this any differently around the country.
houtexhokie wrote:..Thanks .. I just don't think one can go about indicting "our countries laws " en mass . Sounds Like an Indiana/Carmel law problem.

I can understand your anger though. I once took the car keys away from a dude who was stalking my daughter and threw them in Sarasota Bay. He had to walk away and had difficult time explaining to the local cops why he was walking home and his car was still at my house.

Hope it all works out.

HT
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Now that's some stupid crap. It's not an Indiana thing. Its a country wide problem. The police do not handle this any differently around the country.
Yup.

Things haven't changes at all...criminals know that there isn't much the police or courts can do, restraining orders are as worthless as the paper they're written on and "criminals" know that.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Why didn't the girl he struck press charges? Lots of witnesses to assault and battery.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:Why didn't the girl he struck press charges? Lots of witnesses to assault and battery.

The psychology of such victims is complicated. While you and I would think it's obvious to press charges, a (real) victim has been damaged to the point of thinking it's not so bad, they won't get help from authorities, they'll be blamed, etc.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Why didn't the girl he struck press charges? Lots of witnesses to assault and battery.

The psychology of such victims is complicated. While you and I would think it's obvious to press charges, a (real) victim has been damaged to the point of thinking it's not so bad, they won't get help from authorities, they'll be blamed, etc.
Nope
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:Nope
Excellent response, except not really.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:

Did he say his daughter didn't want to press charges? Seems like she tried to. I don't agree of course. Mean men never seem to lack attention.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
Nope. Stick to your 140 characters, you're out of your depth.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Did he say his daughter didn't want to press charges? Seems like she tried to. I don't agree of course. Mean men never seem to lack attention.
Covered in my response. Given the authorities' lack of response, victims sometimes aren't as willing to push the issue.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Sorry, I guess I'm a little above responding to "Nope". You sound like a Trump voter.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Covered in my response. Given the authorities' lack of response, victims sometimes aren't as willing to push the issue.
That doesn't seem to be the case here. It seems that the issue was pushed.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Sorry, I guess I'm a little above responding to "Nope". You sound like a Trump voter.
That's all it took to refute your bullcrap of "it's complicated". Guess that was deep in your world of shiny objects and loud sounds.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
That's all it took to refute your bullcrap of "it's complicated". Guess that was deep in your world of shiny objects and loud sounds.
You seem to have the police's approach mastered in your mind, which would be a mistake. The police are approached with all sorts of accusations everyday - some off them real, some of them not. Given how the police subconsciously dismiss some of the legitimate claims from real victims, and how that discourages real victims from coming forward, maybe you'll understand one day. But you understanding anything is a challenge in and of itself.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

That doesn't seem to be the case here. It seems that the issue was pushed.
It may have been. The police's nonchalant response is unfortunately not to be unexpected given the number of sexual-assualt/rape allegations they face and how they sometimes become numb to legitimate accusations.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
You seem to have the police's approach mastered in your mind, which would be a mistake. The police are approached with all sorts of accusations everyday - some off them real, some of them not. Given how the police subconsciously dismiss some of the legitimate claims from real victims, and how that discourages real victims from coming forward, maybe you'll understand one day. But you understanding anything is a challenge in and of itself.
Nothing in your rambling BS is correct. I LOL at the Marshall grad fantasizing that's it really me that can't understand the world. You can't, that's what landed you at Marshall in the first place. Hilarious too that this gibberish is your response to be called out for a lack of depth. Adding words doesn't add to your ignorant argument. You just made an even more idiotic argument of it's now the police being dismissive. Go on, make something else up and I'll give it the "nope" it deserves.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

What's the number of rape allegations they face? Can you give me that number? On the one hand you say they are facing a bunch of allegations and on the other you say victims don't come forward. That doesn't make sense.