Just breaking news.......wonder how much coverage the msmd

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Just breaking news.......wonder how much coverage the msmd

Post by HokieHam »

will go with......or how they will cover it up. How is his not pay for play?

[quote][Crown Prince of Bahrain Forced to Go Through Foundation to See Clinton, after Pledging $32 Million to Clinton Global Initiative

Hollywood Executive Casey Wasserman, Slimfast Mogul Daniel Abraham, Controversial Appointee Rajiv Fernando also among Clinton Foundation Donors Granted Special Favors from Clinton State Department/quote]

If it wasn't for Judicial Watch........the Fourth Estate is dead........

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room ... on-donors/
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Just breaking news.......wonder how much coverage the ms

Post by awesome guy »

public work is a business. I'm sure the usuals will keep silent as they're witnessing the Clintons turn our government into their own gold mine, selling the services they swore to administer to the highest bidder, even the treasonous act of selling to foreign entities. Can I get a Faux News out of our left wing defenders?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

HokieHam wrote:will go with......or how they will cover it up. How is his not pay for play?
[Crown Prince of Bahrain Forced to Go Through Foundation to See Clinton, after Pledging $32 Million to Clinton Global Initiative

Hollywood Executive Casey Wasserman, Slimfast Mogul Daniel Abraham, Controversial Appointee Rajiv Fernando also among Clinton Foundation Donors Granted Special Favors from Clinton State Department/quote]

There wasn't a smoking gun in the first half of the article (the part I read), but I don't doubt that she was more available to people who had given to her charity. Money in politics can lead to asymmetric availability, and this is part of the reason that many have railed against Citizens United, as an example.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:will go with......or how they will cover it up. How is his not pay for play?
[Crown Prince of Bahrain Forced to Go Through Foundation to See Clinton, after Pledging $32 Million to Clinton Global Initiative

There wasn't a smoking gun in the first half of the article (the part I read), but I don't doubt that she was more available to people who had given to her charity. Money in politics can lead to asymmetric availability, and this is part of the reason that many have railed against Citizens United, as an example.

ata boy!

Guess you missed the "good friend of ours" connection to the Clinton Foundation, the 2nd of 3 incomes Albaden got outside of her state department job.

Tell us what Citizens United has to do with the Clintons selling access like this? Without Citizens United, only the unions and big DNC supporters could buy access. That gave everyone the same right to donate. But hey, you didn't dismiss Judicial Watch out of hand as a "fringe source", so there's some progress.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

also notice how her health is interfering with her job, in addition to just being a spoiled housewife. She can't make up her mind on what she's going to do based on how she feels, and if she is feeling up for work, may choose to do something else instead. No wonder people died in Benghazi with leadership like that. The revelations of the operations of the State Department make it sound like she's some kind of queen bee and her underlings are working to move everything around her whims. But she'll take a break from her Clinton Foundation work to address the needs of the highest bidders. Just an awful and disgusting way of working, something you'd expect from Barbra Streisand or Cher, not an executive. But hey, we know her skill set has always been just making money off connecting people to her Husband, as she did at the Rose Law firm.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ata boy!

Guess you missed the "good friend of ours" connection to the Clinton Foundation, the 2nd of 3 incomes Albaden got outside of her state department job.

Tell us what Citizens United has to do with the Clintons selling access like this? Without Citizens United, only the unions and big DNC supporters could buy access. That gave everyone the same right to donate. But hey, you didn't dismiss Judicial Watch out of hand as a "fringe source", so there's some progress.
I did miss that, thanks. That is pretty damning and is close enough to be a smoking gun.

I don't doubt that she made herself more available to people who had given to her charity. The tie to CU is that all/most politicians are more available to those that give big sums to their campaign/charity/what have you than to those who do not. Capping donations, the argument goes, would reduce the size of the asymmetry in donations, and hence theoretically in access.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ata boy!

I did miss that, thanks. That is pretty damning and is close enough to be a smoking gun.

I don't doubt that she made herself more available to people who had given to her charity. The tie to CU is that all/most politicians are more available to those that give big sums to their campaign/charity/what have you than to those who do not. Capping donations, the argument goes, would reduce the size of the asymmetry in donations, and hence theoretically in access.
That is the weakest and most dishonest way to put it. It's pay for play. Can you outright say that she's selling access? This isn't a case of donors getting invited to the special meetings once a month or whatever, it's them not getting any government aid until they paid off the Clintons. It's not a donor relationship, it's flat out corruption. She ONLY worked AFTER receiving a "donation" to her foundation(not campaign), which has pretty much no oversight. No other politician not in jail has done anything like this.

Overturning CU increases asymmetry as it still allows unlimited donations by DNC "friends". It will effectively kill RNC funding.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

ata boy!

That is the weakest and most dishonest way to put it. It's pay for play. Can you outright say that she's selling access? This isn't a case of donors getting invited to the special meetings once a month or whatever, it's them not getting any government aid until they paid off the Clintons. It's not a donor relationship, it's flat out corruption. She ONLY worked AFTER receiving a "donation" to her foundation(not campaign), which has pretty much no oversight. No other politician not in jail has done anything like this.

Overturning CU increases asymmetry as it still allows unlimited donations by DNC "friends". It will effectively kill RNC funding.
What was I dishonest about exactly?

I cannot outright say she's selling access. The CP began donating in 2005, and she met with him, hesitatingly, 4 years later according to the article. For the graver "selling access" claim to be true, there would need to be evidence that the CP was rejected through official channels, made some side donation to the charity, and then she decided to meet with him because of it.

What the article states aligns more with what I described, i.e. Clinton being more available to people who have contributed to her family's charity. That doesn't excuse the favoritism. However, it is less insidious than some think (or hope) it to be.

In regard to campaign finance, limiting max donations from individual sources will necessarily help prevent the kind of "pay for play" scenarios you describe. They certainly won't increase the likelihood of it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote: What was I dishonest about exactly?

I cannot outright say she's selling access. The CP began donating in 2005, and she met with him, hesitatingly, 4 years later according to the article. For the graver "selling access" claim to be true, there would need to be evidence that the CP was rejected through official channels, made some side donation to the charity, and then she decided to meet with him because of it.

What the article states aligns more with what I described, i.e. Clinton being more available to people who have contributed to her family's charity. That doesn't excuse the favoritism. However, it is less insidious than some think (or hope) it to be.

In regard to campaign finance, limiting max donations from individual sources will necessarily help prevent the kind of "pay for play" scenarios you describe. They certainly won't increase the likelihood of it.

LOL, come on. They pushed back till being notified "friends" are making the request.You're being dishonest about it. I notice you never have the ginger hands out to explain away Trump's comments or anything from the right. Curious that the benefit of unbelievable doubt only extends to the left.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:

LOL, come on. They pushed back till being notified "friends" are making the request.You're being dishonest about it. I notice you never have the ginger hands out to explain away Trump's comments or anything from the right. Curious that the benefit of unbelievable doubt only extends to the left.
That's what you're concerned about, my lack of defending Trump? This board doesn't need another right-wing echo. The few conservatives that do protest the prevailing Drudge headlines posted on this board are often insulted or labeled liberals.

You'd find the focus of my responses a bit different were this board on the left.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

That's what you're concerned about, my lack of defending Trump? This board doesn't need another right-wing echo. The few conservatives that do protest the prevailing Drudge headlines posted on this board are often insulted or labeled liberals.

You'd find the focus of my responses a bit different were this board on the left.
Call me a skeptic as to the rationale behind your partisanship.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote: There wasn't a smoking gun in the first half of the article (the part I read), but I don't doubt that she was more available to people who had given to her charity. Money in politics can lead to asymmetric availability, and this is part of the reason that many have railed against Citizens United, as an example.
I don't see how this has anything to do with Citizens United.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote: There wasn't a smoking gun in the first half of the article (the part I read), but I don't doubt that she was more available to people who had given to her charity. Money in politics can lead to asymmetric availability, and this is part of the reason that many have railed against Citizens United, as an example.
It's the new Haliburton!
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
It's the new Haliburton!
Koch!......oh.....wait!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

It doesn't. As AG pointed out, it's another leftist boogeyman.