Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Lochte lied? Not so fast

Post by awesome guy »

http://ijr.com/2016/08/677954-usa-today ... ere-lying/

Sounds like he got the ole Latino Shakedown to pay off the Federales
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Re: Lochte lied? Not so fast

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote:http://ijr.com/2016/08/677954-usa-today ... ere-lying/

Correct. He embellished the story a bit. But normally, when someone pulls out a gun and demands money, that is called robbery.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the guy is an idiot, he lied about alot of it but yes he was shook down for the money which is also not legal. But as dumb as he is, call it a dumb penalty
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:

Correct. He embellished the story a bit. But normally, when someone pulls out a gun and demands money, that is called robbery.
I'm taking the cwtcr approach here and will say only that shirt like this happens when you act like an idiot in a strange land. Some people deserve to be shaken down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

It's hard to feel sorry for anyone in this story (besides maybe the gas station owner?). Lochte and company were clearly acting like a bunch of entitled athletes and the "security guards" were clearly acting like mob enforcers. We're probably lucky that no one was actually shot or killed. The swimmers were being idiots and the guards were being goons and it seems like both sides have tailored their stories to paint themselves in the best light.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

When you travel to a foreign country of dubious safety and legal record, get drunk, pee on the outside of a building, and tear down a sign. And you only have to give them $50 to get away with it, I think he got off easy.

I was walking home from a club in St. Petersburg. I definitely wasn't sober but I wasn't doing anything other than walking with two of my friends when we got stopped by the police. They wanted to shake us down(at least me the American for sure), but I had the wherewithal to bring a photocopy of my passport and not my actual passport. They like to confiscate passports and demand $100 worth of rubles to get them back. I planned for the worst and got released before my two EU compatriots and everything went swimmingly.

Be mad about the shakedown all you want, but he wasn't in America where legal system corruption is not thought to be a regular occurrence. You play by their rules and you understand the game. I'm sure he'd prefer to have his $50 gone than spend a night in Brazilian jail.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:

When you travel to a foreign country of dubious safety and legal record, get drunk, pee on the outside of a building, and tear down a sign. And you only have to give them $50 to get away with it, I think he got off easy.

I was walking home from a club in St. Petersburg. I definitely wasn't sober but I wasn't doing anything other than walking with two of my friends when we got stopped by the police. They wanted to shake us down(at least me the American for sure), but I had the wherewithal to bring a photocopy of my passport and not my actual passport. They like to confiscate passports and demand $100 worth of rubles to get them back. I planned for the worst and got released before my two EU compatriots and everything went swimmingly.

Be mad about the shakedown all you want, but he wasn't in America where legal system corruption is not thought to be a regular occurrence. You play by their rules and you understand the game. I'm sure he'd prefer to have his $50 gone than spend a night in Brazilian jail.
Good post. And I'll take a pass on Russia.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Good post. And I'll take a pass on Russia.

This was back in 2006. But it was a pretty dang cool town. Had a local show us around. It's depressing when you first get there, but every friggin building there is soooo massive. It's all so soviet. Glad I went there. Glad I didn't get put in jail too.