Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Stabbing Attack in Roanoke

Post by Techmomof2 »

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2 ... -virginia/

The random stabbing of a couple in Roanoke County, Virginia, on Saturday is now being investigated as a possible ISIS-inspired terror attack, according to reports.

Witnesses to the incident say that the suspect under arrest, Wasil Farooqui, was shouting "Allah Akbar" while attacking a man and woman at their apartment building Saturday evening.
oaktonhokie

Re: Stabbing Attack in Roanoke

Post by oaktonhokie »

Has anyone determined a motive? Work place violence?

I've posted before, look for "mental health issues" to be the cause.

Insanity is all the rage. No pun intended. This classification helps because it reduces the number of events classified as terrorist. Shows how well Obama is doing. Also puts more of these crimes into other areas which can be dealt with by raising taxes.

Mental health … like with global warming deniers. Crazy.

I wonder director of the FIB will be able to prove intent on this one. Probably best not to press charges.

Techmomof2 wrote:https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2 ... -virginia/

The random stabbing of a couple in Roanoke County, Virginia, on Saturday is now being investigated as a possible ISIS-inspired terror attack, according to reports.

Witnesses to the incident say that the suspect under arrest, Wasil Farooqui, was shouting "Allah Akbar" while attacking a man and woman at their apartment building Saturday evening.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Just some random event, and nothing to do with radical Islam.

Now onward with Hillary's 550% increase in muslim "refugees" to join with the illegal alien democrat vote!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Has anyone determined a motive? Work place violence?
If he's employed - workplace violence.
If he's unemployed - it's because he doesn't have a job.

This guy is clearly qualified to cut the sandwiches in half at subway.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Obviously more Confederate monuments need to be removed.
Jpelt78
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by Jpelt78 »

I saw a report that he was on federal law enforcement's radar. Apparently took a trip to Turkey and tried unsuccessfully to join the ISIS fight by sneaking into Syria. Will be interesting to see how it gets spun.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Jpelt78 wrote:I saw a report that he was on federal law enforcement's radar. Apparently took a trip to Turkey and tried unsuccessfully to join the ISIS fight by sneaking into Syria. Will be interesting to see how it gets spun.
per the admin it was justified, the couple had a pork chop for dinner and drew a funny cartoon
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

He went to Hidden Valley High School with daughter of friend of mine who said he was 'nice and very popular'. High School is in more affluent area. He was not a disadvantaged youth living in the ghetto with no education.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Sounds like a typical american kid. Just like everyone else.

Why would he do such a thing?

I know, he's nuts.

Techmomof2 wrote:He went to Hidden Valley High School with daughter of friend of mine who said he was 'nice and very popular'. High School is in more affluent area. He was not a disadvantaged youth living in the ghetto with no education.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:He went to Hidden Valley High School with daughter of friend of mine who said he was 'nice and very popular'. High School is in more affluent area. He was not a disadvantaged youth living in the ghetto with no education.
According to Visorboy, we just need to give him more stuff and he won't want to stab/decapitate people in public. I think Visor should set the example and invite ole Wasil to live with his family.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Religion of peace, so that can't be it.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Techmomof2

Post by Techmomof2 »

8/23/16 article:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/witnesses-r ... 18e15.html

The man who police say screamed "Allah akbar" while stabbing a couple at a Roanoke County apartment complex heard voices moments before telling him "to attack someone," according to a search warrant.

Police arrested Wasil Farooqui, 20, at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, where he was taken by his father after being injured during the Aug. 20 attack, according to the warrant.