So is trump backtracking on immigration now?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

So is trump backtracking on immigration now?

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Sure looks like it.
miles

Re: So is trump backtracking on immigration now?

Post by miles »

No. Not really.If you paid attention, you would know that; but you choose to get your talking points from the DNC propaganda media, so you spout useless opinions based on poor information.
Tell us again how Hillary is going to make America great.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

miles wrote:No. Not really.If you paid attention, you would know that; but you choose to get your talking points from the DNC propaganda media, so you spout useless opinions based on poor information.
well we all know that we cannot just deport every illegal alien, no lawns would ever be mowed and most construction would grind to a halt. But we can be smart and limit it going forward and deport the bad folks that are here, ya know the ones that don't like laws.
miles

Post by miles »

But those are the ones Elberto loves.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

miles wrote:But those are the ones Elberto loves.
Did I run over your dog?
miles

Post by miles »

The Clintons and their cronies are worse than corrupt third world crooks. They're treasonous betrayers of The United States.
And you love that - and them. What are you?
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

I haven't ever told you who I love or will vote for. But thanks for dictating.

If Hilary should win the election, what are you going to do? How will that make you feel?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

miles wrote:No. Not really.If you paid attention, you would know that; but you choose to get your talking points from the DNC propaganda media, so you spout useless opinions based on poor information.
So, when Trump talked about deporting 11M immigrants, he didn't mean he would deport all of them? And when he was asked about deporting people that would split up families, and he said they would work with the families, but they would have to go, he didn't mean he would deport all of them?

And now, when he says there needs to be a way to keep them in the country, legally, not deport them all, he isn't backtracking?

What am I not paying attention to?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
So, when Trump talked about deporting 11M immigrants, he didn't mean he would deport all of them? And when he was asked about deporting people that would split up families, and he said they would work with the families, but they would have to go, he didn't mean he would deport all of them?

And now, when he says there needs to be a way to keep them in the country, legally, not deport them all, he isn't backtracking?

There are 20 million illegals in the nation. He says he's deporting 11 million. figure the rest out.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
miles

Post by miles »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Anything. You're a dupe, still ranting about the Koch Brothers. Have fun with that.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

There are 20 million illegals in the nation. He says he's deporting 11 million. figure the rest out.
The 11M number comes from the DHS, and is the count of all undocumented illegal immigrants. He has consistently talked about the number of illegal immigrants, in total, being 11M, and has talked about deporting all illegal immigrants.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

miles wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Anything. You're a dupe, still ranting about the Koch Brothers. Have fun with that.
Thanks for the unprovoked personal attack. You're a gem, bless your heart.
miles

Post by miles »

ElbertoHokie wrote:I haven't ever told you who I love or will vote for. But thanks for dictating.

If Hilary should win the election, what are you going to do? How will that make you feel?
i already feel like shite that half the country and people like you give them a pass and will vote for her.
I don't like Trump, but I don't think he's a liar, a betrayer, or a corrupt crook. You seem to prize those qualities in the Clintons. I remember HokieinPa (he's Acela Hokie now, I believe) promising to move to Europe if Bush was elected. I can't move out. I'm retired, not fluck you wealthy, and have too much money invested here to walk away from. The penalties now for renouncing citizenship, then leaving are substantial.

Your posts quite reveal your favor of the Clintons, and I'm sure you'll have an orgasm if she wins.

As for me, I plan to hold my nose, vote for the lesser evil and hope he can help the country.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

(((Donald Trump))) is a cuck.
https://newrepublic.com/minutes/136300/ ... trump-cuck
And she's pissed about it:
miles

Post by miles »

HokieFanDC wrote:
miles wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Thanks for the unprovoked personal attack. You're a gem, bless your heart.
Anytime. You're welcome.
Bless your little heart as well.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Trump was never going to deport 11M or build a wall. Only low infos ate that up and actually thought he was going to do it.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
miles

Post by miles »

nolanvt wrote:Trump was never going to deport 11M or build a wall. Only low infos ate that up and actually thought he was going to do it.
That's interesting. He's not elected, but he never was going to.....
Interesting.
In another interesting development, the Clinton Foundation never intended to help Haiti or Haitians or sufferers of HIV?Aids. They just want to enrich themselves and their cronies while gathering plaudits from the media and adulation and votes from dupes.

Of course, for a sizeable donation to the Clinton Cash Foundation, Russia can get uranium, Muslim entities can funnel terrorists into the US, US security can be compromised. US agents overseas can be compromised and assassinated. It can be very lucrative.
Last edited by miles on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:Trump was never going to deport 11M or build a wall. Only low infos ate that up and actually thought he was going to do it.
Good thing it was never one of my issues. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Sure looks like it.
Yes he is. But like everything with him it's the art of negotiation. His mindset is to stake out the extreme position at the outset -- expel all 11 million illegals; build a wall and make Mexico pay for it; etc., etc. Rationally he is a negotiator and recognizes he will need to move off the extremes to make a deal. So he will move towards the center, but staying right of center. Unlike the current repubs who stake out a middle ground position and then negotiate to the left, essentially conceding.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:Sure looks like it.
Yes he is. But like everything with him it's the art of negotiation. His mindset is to stake out the extreme position at the outset -- expel all 11 million illegals; build a wall and make Mexico pay for it; etc., etc. Rationally he is a negotiator and recognizes he will need to move off the extremes to make a deal. So he will move towards the center, but staying right of center. Unlike the current repubs who stake out a middle ground position and then negotiate to the left, essentially conceding.

Yep.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson