Alma Mater: Penn State

Deschutes Street Pub 8/27 2PM-10PM, Roanoke

Post by Techmomof2 »

Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Re: Deschutes Street Pub 8/27 2PM-10PM, Roanoke

Post by Uprising »

What was your favorite? I like fresh squeezed. And inversion and pinedrop were good. However, I've been to their brewery and their place in Portland.
Good stuff overall.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

Uprising wrote:What was your favorite? I like fresh squeezed. And inversion and pinedrop were good. However, I've been to their brewery and their place in Portland.
Good stuff overall.
I liked all of those, plus mirror pond and jubelale.

I had their mirror mirror barleywine at Barrel Chest on Thursday, excellent. I brewed a clone of the Cinder Cone Red which they don't make anymore, took a few bottles and met with a few of their officers and drank it.

Got there at 1 PM to volunteer at the Roanoke Ski Club tent. Two years ago, the Ski Club went to Bend, not much snow, so hung out at the brewery most of the day.

By 5:30, was getting very lightheaded so went home, hydrated, showered and returned at 7:30 to meet friends from Blacksburg. Very nice day!
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

Techmomof2 wrote:I liked all of those, plus mirror pond and jubelale.

I had their mirror mirror barleywine at Barrel Chest on Thursday, excellent. I brewed a clone of the Cinder Cone Red which they don't make anymore, took a few bottles and met with a few of their officers and drank it.

Got there at 1 PM to volunteer at the Roanoke Ski Club tent. Two years ago, the Ski Club went to Bend, not much snow, so hung out at the brewery most of the day.

By 5:30, was getting very lightheaded so went home, hydrated, showered and returned at 7:30 to meet friends from Blacksburg. Very nice day!
That's pretty cool that you got to share your beer with them.

I heard a rumor last week that they are looking to open up a taphouse where Thelma's used to be. That would be great for downtown Roanoke, and would certainly help to keep the momentum going until they can open up their brewery.