Hasan gets just rewards, depending on your perspective...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Hasan gets just rewards, depending on your perspective...

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Hasan gets just rewards, depending on your perspective..

Post by awesome guy »

No objection to the ruling. But I think he's been denied justice by taking 4 years to try him. That's the opposite of a speedy trial. And the Obama needs to change the designation from workplace violence to terrorism so the families get the money they're due for their loss. It's an insult to them when it was clearly islamic terrorism. "Allahu akbar!" doesn't mean "give me back my red Swingline stapler!"
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
No objection to the ruling. But I think he's been denied justice by taking 4 years to try him. That's the opposite of a speedy trial. And the Obama needs to change the designation from workplace violence to terrorism so the families get the money they're due for their loss. It's an insult to them when it was clearly islamic terrorism. "Allahu akbar!" doesn't mean "give me back my red Swingline stapler!"

You're not guaranteed the right to a speedy trial under the UCMJ. You waive that (along with plenty of other rights...except sodomy now, I guess) when you join the service. I had a sailor who went to the brig. He said there was a Marine Lieutenant there (apparently killed his wife) who had been there for a year - no trial.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

Was there any doubt about a death penalty? I mean, yeah it's a Court Martial under the UCMJ, but it's still Texas! LOL
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.