PSA...Trump has some great tweets this morning.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: PSA...Trump has some great tweets this morning.

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:From the guy who was so concerned about illegal wiretapping.

I expect the usual responses
"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
Because recording your own conversations is exactly the same thing.
Good point. Nothing could ever go wrong doing that.

And now I'm back to speculating why Trump goes to his own properties so often. It isn't like the deep-state leftists would be bugging him, is it? ...oh. Wait...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
And now I'm back to speculating why Trump goes to his own properties so often. It isn't like the deep-state leftists would be bugging him, is it? ...oh. Wait...

Not only have they been wiretapping him, Trump is also outing Comey as a leaker. Notice how everyone was surprised by the firing? Who didn't they tell this time? Comey. Reince Priebus is another not told and so no leaks.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Cpt Jagdish
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

RiverguyVT wrote:

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
LOL! Wow. Dude is totally a nut job. BUT... that sounds like a threat. Classic ambiguous trump. Is he saying he taped, or is he saying Comey better not have taped...?

Admittedly, there's been a lot of shadenfreude on my part. I'm enjoying watching the left wing apparatchik being dismantled. Trump has exceeded expectations in that regard.

Eff Comey & the entrenched deep-state leftists.

It is going to be a fun 4 years.

"Tapes" is in quotation marks. In Trump speak that would mean he doesn't actually mean tapes or recordings or anything a sane person would think that words means. What I'm guessing he actually means:

An artist rendering of what his conversation looked like with Comey with a speech bubble over Comey's head that says "You are totally innocent and are a great president. The greatest. You should fire me."
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"
LOL! Wow. Dude is totally a nut job. BUT... that sounds like a threat. Classic ambiguous trump. Is he saying he taped, or is he saying Comey better not have taped...?

Admittedly, there's been a lot of shadenfreude on my part. I'm enjoying watching the left wing apparatchik being dismantled. Trump has exceeded expectations in that regard.

"Tapes" is in quotation marks. In Trump speak that would mean he doesn't actually mean tapes or recordings or anything a sane person would think that words means. What I'm guessing he actually means:

An artist rendering of what his conversation looked like with Comey with a speech bubble over Comey's head that says "You are totally innocent and are a great president. The greatest. You should fire me."
LOL. Good take (funny!) 8-)

Still.. you raise a good point. If Comey had recorded their conversations, and was found out, leftists would mock trump for having said 'tape' when the recording was digital and not analog.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"

comey should be thrilled, if Thunder thighs had won she would have shirt canned his butt about 1 second after taking the oath. He got more paychecks with Trump in the WH
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

"Winning!"
"Excellent trolling!"
"MAGA!"
"Emails!"

Umm,.....so what?
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Anyone care to translate this gem? I assume this is some sort of veiled threat against the Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:Anyone care to translate this gem? I assume this is some sort of veiled threat against the Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post.
The answer is written in invisible urine on the sheets of the Moscow Ritz. Get out your decoder ring.

On a serious note, I don't understand it either. I assume all of Trump's angry tweets occur during his morning Obama. Maybe he was passing a giant well done steak turd when he wrote that.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:On a serious note, I don't understand it either. I assume all of Trump's angry tweets occur during his morning Obama. Maybe he was passing a giant well done steak turd when he wrote that.
It sounds to me like he is threatening to stick the IRS on a political enemy. I seem to recall everyone here being quite upset about something that was perceived as similar a few years ago.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:On a serious note, I don't understand it either. I assume all of Trump's angry tweets occur during his morning Obama. Maybe he was passing a giant well done steak turd when he wrote that.
It sounds to me like he is threatening to stick the IRS on a political enemy. I seem to recall everyone here being quite upset about something that was perceived as similar a few years ago.
Stick'm?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote:Anyone care to translate this gem? I assume this is some sort of veiled threat against the Jeff Bezos and the Washington Post.

IIRC, he said Bezos was a tax dodger during the primary
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

HokieJoe wrote:

According to Trump that would make him smart.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

According to Trump that would make him smart.
ImageImage
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:ImageImage
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

He's just mad at this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... c51cfabc29
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL. Looks like the ole texting slam on brakes and dive under car in front of you damage too.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
LOL. Looks like the ole texting slam on brakes and dive under car in front of you damage too.
Could be Hoof ranting online about that Trump, damn him!
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

It reads like an insinuation that Amazon isn't collecting sales taxes they should be? I can't think of any other “internet tax”. Of course sales/use taxes vary from state to state. There is no such thing as an “internet tax”. When you buy something — whether from a brick and mortar or in cyberspace — you, the buyer, are responsible for paying the sales tax. Most if the time the seller will collect the sales tax from you and remit it on your behalf to the state, but many internet vendors do not bother to collect sales tax on items they have to ship out of state. If you buy something and the receipt does not indicate you were charged sales tax, you are responsible for reporting it and paying use tax to your state.

And recently states have taken to adding a line for use tax to your state income tax return, which you are required to sign under penalty of perjury that you are filing an accurate return. If you check the box indicating no use tax is due and the state later finds you bought a bunch of stuff on the internet without paying sales tax, they will be able to nail your ass to the wall, if they choose to do so.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
It reads like an insinuation that Amazon isn't collecting sales taxes they should be? I can't think of any other “internet tax”. Of course sales/use taxes vary from state to state. There is no such thing as an “internet tax”. When you buy something — whether from a brick and mortar or in cyberspace — you, the buyer, are responsible for paying the sales tax. Most if the time the seller will collect the sales tax from you and remit it on your behalf to the state, but many internet vendors do not bother to collect sales tax on items they have to ship out of state. If you buy something and the receipt does not indicate you were charged sales tax, you are responsible for reporting it and paying use tax to your state.

And recently states have taken to adding a line for use tax to your state income tax return, which you are required to sign under penalty of perjury that you are filing an accurate return. If you check the box indicating no use tax is due and the state later finds you bought a bunch of stuff on the internet without paying sales tax, they will be able to nail your ass to the wall, if they choose to do so.
So why shouldn't internet retailers be required to collect sales tax? Large retailers work in multiple states and set up their POS to accommodate each. Why can't online retailers do the same? It would be very easy to do.

Oh, I know why. Because it would then make their products look more expensive and more in line with brick and mortar competitors. That and the fact that their lobby has lined the pockets of state and federal legislators.
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

133743Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:

So why shouldn't internet retailers be required to collect sales tax? Large retailers work in multiple states and set up their POS to accommodate each. Why can't online retailers do the same? It would be very easy to do.

Oh, I know why. Because it would then make their products look more expensive and more in line with brick and mortar competitors. That and the fact that their lobby has lined the pockets of state and federal legislators.
Why does it matter? The buyer is responsible for paying the tax, whether they pay it to the seller or the state. They always have been — and that part is key. The use tax is nothing new. It's been a thing for decades, since way before the advent of the internet. Sellers who have no employees or fixed assets (stores, distribution centers, call centers, etc.) within a state are not required to collect sales tax. It's just the way it is. Always has been. Because states have no recourse or ability to enforce a requirement of those vendors to collect sales tax.

Bottom line is, the buyer has always been responsible for paying sales/use tax, regardless of whether the seller collected it.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Low IQ Mika... Lol.
OMG. LMAO.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:

Why does it matter? The buyer is responsible for paying the tax, whether they pay it to the seller or the state. They always have been — and that part is key. The use tax is nothing new. It's been a thing for decades, since way before the advent of the internet. Sellers who have no employees or fixed assets (stores, distribution centers, call centers, etc.) within a state are not required to collect sales tax. It's just the way it is. Always has been. Because states have no recourse or ability to enforce a requirement of those vendors to collect sales tax.

Bottom line is, the buyer has always been responsible for paying sales/use tax, regardless of whether the seller collected it.
So why are there laws requiring brick and mortar businesses to collect sales taxes and remit them to the state/locality? Why the different treatment? We both know why.
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

133743Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:

So why are there laws requiring brick and mortar businesses to collect sales taxes and remit them to the state/locality? Why the different treatment? We both know why.
Because the state can put a lien on brick and mortar property... it's easier to collect. Also, the brick and mortar typically only has the one state. Internet sales can touch all 50 and the filing requirements would be absolutely nuts. Keeping track of sales tax would become a full time job. For big outfit like Amazon, they have the ability to do it for relative low cost. For smaller retailers, it's cost prohibitive. That's why.

We want the internet to represent the best parts of capitalism — the closest thing left to a truly free market — and that's not possible if you make prohibitive requirements of the seller. In the end, paying these taxes has always been the buyer's responsibility, so let the buyer take care if it. He can do so by writing a single number on his state tax return each year. It doesn't get any easier than that.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Low IQ Mika... Lol.
OMG. LMAO.
:shock:

WOAH.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

Melania sure is doing a great job on her cyberbullying task force.