Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Pacific contaminated with radiation?

Post by awesome guy »

http://hawaiiishot.com/at-the-very-leas ... -over.html

This article is pretty scary. Is there a radiologist in the house to explain if it's warranted concern or hysteria?

I bet there is some concern, but not enough to shutdown the largest fishery on the planet. For just a second, let's ignore the ramifications for America. What about the thousands of pacific islands? They're completely dependent on seafood to survive. Are they going to stop eating seafood and starving from this? I'm sure there will be an increase in cancer and radiation related illnesses. But enough to shut everything down? What I'm getting at is some are going to have to eat seafood. Their islands don't support enough cattle or hawgs to feed the community. And if it's as bad as this article describes, radiation is going to be pooped all over them from birds feeding on seafood. From there, it's in the soil and plants. So how bad is it? Offspring incompatible with life? 3 eyed kids bad? Cancer at 70 instead of 80? What's the real risk? Shutting it all down isn't going to be an option.

Back to here in the US, yes we could shut it down. But then again, CA Argentina, Chile, etc risk coastal contamination and that just so happens to be where we grow a lot of our food.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Meh it reads like someone has watched to many 50's...

Post by Major Kong »

nuclear monster movies (Godzilla).

In other words hokum.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Meh it reads like someone has watched to many 50's...

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:nuclear monster movies (Godzilla).

In other words hokum.
Like 1950s Godzilla or quasi-scientific Godzilla?

Is there any risk at all? Seems like she's leaking pretty good. Or is it so little it's diluted in the ocean?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Re: Pacific contaminated with radiation?

Post by Techmomof2 »

http://enenews.com/

awesome guy wrote:http://hawaiiishot.com/at-the-very-leas ... -over.html

This article is pretty scary. Is there a radiologist in the house to explain if it's warranted concern or hysteria?

I bet there is some concern, but not enough to shutdown the largest fishery on the planet. For just a second, let's ignore the ramifications for America. What about the thousands of pacific islands? They're completely dependent on seafood to survive. Are they going to stop eating seafood and starving from this? I'm sure there will be an increase in cancer and radiation related illnesses. But enough to shut everything down? What I'm getting at is some are going to have to eat seafood. Their islands don't support enough cattle or hawgs to feed the community. And if it's as bad as this article describes, radiation is going to be pooped all over them from birds feeding on seafood. From there, it's in the soil and plants. So how bad is it? Offspring incompatible with life? 3 eyed kids bad? Cancer at 70 instead of 80? What's the real risk? Shutting it all down isn't going to be an option.

Back to here in the US, yes we could shut it down. But then again, CA Argentina, Chile, etc risk coastal contamination and that just so happens to be where we grow a lot of our food.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Meh it reads like someone has watched to many 50's...

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:Like 1950s Godzilla or quasi-scientific Godzilla?

Is there any risk at all? Seems like she's leaking pretty good. Or is it so little it's diluted in the ocean?
50's Godzilla or the Giant Behemoth. :)

Hellfar the map shown isn't even a "radiation" map but a map plotting the tsunami from 2011. The POS author is lying about the actual genesis of the map and its meaning.

Sham article written by a sham blogger...about what I expect from sham enviromeddlers. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Pacific contaminated with radiation?

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:http://hawaiiishot.com/at-the-very-leas ... -over.html

Good video for you on risks of mercury in canned tuna

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-eff ... ture-wages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila