Watching the OK City bombing documentary

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Watching the OK City bombing documentary

Post by nolanvt »

on Netflix. I wonder if UWS existed back in the day, would any of The Usuals have been baited into siding with the nutjobs in Waco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Watching the OK City bombing documentary

Post by USN_Hokie »

Is this a thread about Waco, or OK city?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:Is this a thread about Waco, or OK city?
My (sorta) TIC question is about Waco. The documentary gave the Waco backstory and how that was one of McVeigh's motives.

CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:on Netflix. I wonder if UWS existed back in the day, would any of The Usuals have been baited into siding with the nutjobs in Waco?

What do you mean by "siding?"
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
nolanvt wrote:on Netflix. I wonder if UWS existed back in the day, would any of The Usuals have been baited into siding with the nutjobs in Waco?

What do you mean by "siding?"
Saying things like the government overstepped its bounds, illegally invaded their compound in Waco, etc. The kind of stuff that The Usuals would say. It's a TIC question, but I got one poster down who would probably be in that boat.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
My (sorta) TIC question is about Waco. The documentary gave the Waco backstory and how that was one of McVeigh's motives.

McVeigh was a crazy libertarian if anything.

The branch davidians were crazy and probably breaking the law, but they were minding their own business and not a threat to anyone. Janet Reno and the ATF/FBI is partially responsible for murdering a bunch of women and children...over suspected weapons violations (I think that's right). The whole thing was a shirt show.

This reminds me of the thread I wanted to start on the Unabomber...
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

The branch davidians were crazy and probably breaking the law, but they were minding their own business and not a threat to anyone. Janet Reno and the ATF/FBI is partially responsible for murdering a bunch of women and children...over suspected weapons violations (I think that's right). The whole thing was a shirt show.

Atta boy.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

It's cute how you completely and unknowingly out yourself as a big gov statist in threads like this. You only care about personal liberty when the topic is men in dresses flashing their genitalia at kids in the girls room.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

Poor Nolan, just learned of the event 10 minutes ago and now goes full retard over it. Tsk, tsk
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

Poor Nolan, just learned of the event 10 minutes ago and now goes full retard over it. Tsk, tsk
I love you, guys. You never fail to disappoint. [emoji106]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

We love the entertainment you've brought. Can't wait for you to learn what happened on 9/11.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: My (sorta) TIC question is about Waco. The documentary gave the Waco backstory and how that was one of McVeigh's motives.

Atta boy.

We love the entertainment you've brought. Can't wait for you to learn what happened on 9/11.
[emoji106]

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

It's cute how you completely and unknowingly out yourself as a big gov statist in threads like this. You only care about personal liberty when the topic is men in dresses flashing their genitalia at kids in the girls room.
If you take out the rampant child abuse and numerous violations of weapons laws, they really weren't that bad, I guess...

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

If you take out the rampant child abuse and numerous violations of weapons laws, they really weren't that bad, I guess...

The child abuse claims are unsubstantiated. But hey, you have to justify running over and torching their compound with a tank somehow or another. "oh no, they had guns, let's kill them all so no one get's killed! brilliant".
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

There were no child abuse charges. The only firearms charges were in relation to using weapons in the commission of a crime...(ie, circumstantial to the ATF raid) and the judge in the trial was curb stomped by a unanimous Supreme Court who said he handled it improperly:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... 7&as_vis=1

Sounds like you're watching a crappy documentary.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: The child abuse claims are unsubstantiated. But hey, you have to justify running over and torching their compound with a tank somehow or another. "oh no, they had guns, let's kill them all so no one get's killed! brilliant".
If David Koresh identified as a woman and called the compound "Ladies Restroom", nolan would disapprove of the Janet Reno's actions.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote: There were no child abuse charges. The only firearms charges were in relation to using weapons in the commission of a crime...(ie, circumstantial to the ATF raid) and the judge in the trial was curb stomped by a unanimous Supreme Court who said he handled it improperly:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... 7&as_vis=1

Sounds like you're watching a crappy documentary.

History has to be rewritten to justify State brutality. It's odd how he goes full SJW when someone is pulled over for "taillights", but it is A OK with the government burning and shooting 76 people because they dared to have weapons.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: The child abuse claims are unsubstantiated. But hey, you have to justify running over and torching their compound with a tank somehow or another. "oh no, they had guns, let's kill them all so no one get's killed! brilliant".
If David Koresh identified as a woman and called the compound "Ladies Restroom", nolan would disapprove of the Janet Reno's actions.

Correct. They were murdered because the government didn't want them armed. Being an armed gay colon cleanse colony would have made them sympathetic to The Unusuals. Or they were any of the blacks they like to parade around as innocent. Waco is universally thought of as a government cluster fluck and abuse of power. Hilarious that the statists are trying to spin it as some kind of example of justice. It was a government massacre that didn't have to happen, typical of what happens when arrogant and ignorant people like Nolan are unfortunately in positions of power. Luckily he's in Mr. Mom mode now and so society can breathe easier.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

I love UWS!

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Ruby Ridge and Waco both were clusterphuques to the nth°.

Two different Presidents but the same personnel...the Weaver's ended up with $3.1 million for their troubles.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Atta boy.

Oh.....I believe it is the other way around there, PC Bro.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:Ruby Ridge and Waco both were clusterphuques to the nth°.

Two different Presidents but the same personnel...the Weaver's ended up with $3.1 million for their troubles.
Yup.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Nolan displaying the typical behavior of someone embarrassed after trying to hold a conversation about something they only have superficial understanding of. His universe of knowledge is one tv show, while the older guys remember being glued to tv and newspapers about this in the 90s for weeks. The response of "I love UWS", is a white flag of surrender.

Can you even imagine the outrage if David Koresh had been a tranny?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

You watched a Netflix show?

Huh, interesting.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
houtexhokie

I propose in the honor of the 4th of July we suspend the deb

Post by houtexhokie »

....over politics ...just for 2 days.

I think we have a collection of great minds here. But the political rancor and personal attacks just cloud everything. Let's suspend it just for 2-3 days and see what we learn from each other.

My best Board Friend here for around 20years was 5150 ... and I never see him post anymore.
H80 from Richlands was a good friend ... we didn't agree on anything except where Richlands was.

Let,s take the rancor and anger off the board for a few days. We all have been losing a lot from each other ..... and gaining nothing ..

Just an idea.....life will go on....

Burma Shave