United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:15 am 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: none of the above
I'm thankful to live in this country, where the "founding fathers" had the guts to stand up to tyranny. Unlike today, where most of of elected officials are the ones creating tyranny.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, One Nation, Under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The American's Creed
by William Tyler Page

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:25 pm 

Party: Draintheswamp
Happy Independence day to everyone as well (but remember we didn't win independence that day, of course)

In other news...

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 pm 

Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
Happy 4th everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:31 pm 

Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
USN_Hokie wrote:
Happy Independence day to everyone as well (but remember we didn't win independence that day, of course)

In other news...

The stupid........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:16 pm 

Party: Draintheswamp
Glad to see the brits have a good sense of humor still.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

― P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm 

Jack Galt wrote:
I'm thankful to live in this country, where the "founding fathers" had the guts to stand up to tyranny. Unlike today, where most of of elected officials are the ones creating tyranny.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, One Nation, Under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The American's Creed
by William Tyler Page

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.

Happy 4th to you, and all the other UWS patriots!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm 

Party: all the time
NPR tweets the Declaration of Independence, Trumpbots lose their shıt

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

HooFighter wrote:

How does anyone know the views of the tweet reactionaries?
Did they identify as Trumpsters (as the NYMag presumes)?

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]