Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Jack Galt
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: none of the above

Happy Independence Day, UWS.

Post by Jack Galt »

I'm thankful to live in this country, where the "founding fathers" had the guts to stand up to tyranny. Unlike today, where most of of elected officials are the ones creating tyranny.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, One Nation, Under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The American's Creed
by William Tyler Page

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.

"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Happy Independence Day, UWS.

Post by USN_Hokie »

Happy Independence day to everyone as well (but remember we didn't win independence that day, of course)

In other news...
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Happy 4th everyone!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Happy Independence day to everyone as well (but remember we didn't win independence that day, of course)

In other news...
The stupid........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Glad to see the brits have a good sense of humor still.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Jack Galt wrote:I'm thankful to live in this country, where the "founding fathers" had the guts to stand up to tyranny. Unlike today, where most of of elected officials are the ones creating tyranny.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, One Nation, Under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The American's Creed
by William Tyler Page

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.
–Written 1917, accepted by the United States House of Representatives on April 3, 1918.

Happy 4th to you, and all the other UWS patriots!
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

How does anyone know the views of the tweet reactionaries?
Did they identify as Trumpsters (as the NYMag presumes)?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.