Illinois got a budget deal, the dem led legislature overrode

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Illinois got a budget deal, the dem led legislature overrode

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the repub gov. (first one since 2003) had vetoed. And the credit agencies are saying it is such a bad budget that they will be putting Illinois in junk status anyways. Way to go dems!!!!

Part of the budget passed is a 32% tax increase on corp and individual rates.... what effing idiots!!! So I guess nobody and no company will move the hell out of Illinois, good luck on having those extra tax collection projections come true. What a mess!
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Illinois got a budget deal, the dem led legislature over

Post by awesome guy »

We need to put up "No Trespassing" signs on our northern border with WV to scare off liberal refugees fleeing another liberal paradise.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:We need to put up "No Trespassing" signs on our northern border with WV to scare off liberal refugees fleeing another liberal paradise.
exporting chicago killings to wyoming, should work well
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:We need to put up "No Trespassing" signs on our northern border with WV to scare off liberal refugees fleeing another liberal paradise.
exporting chicago killings to wyoming, should work well

It'll be white/pajama boy flight
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:the repub gov. (first one since 2003) had vetoed. And the credit agencies are saying it is such a bad budget that they will be putting Illinois in junk status anyways. Way to go dems!!!!

Part of the budget passed is a 32% tax increase on corp and individual rates.... what effing idiots!!! So I guess nobody and no company will move the hell out of Illinois, good luck on having those extra tax collection projections come true. What a mess!
I believe 1 Pub Senator voted for it. And:

"In the Illinois House, nearly one in three Republicans broke with their governor, supporting an income tax increase," Mackey says.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... in-2-years
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Significant finance industry should be predicted to vacate...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:the repub gov. (first one since 2003) had vetoed. And the credit agencies are saying it is such a bad budget that they will be putting Illinois in junk status anyways. Way to go dems!!!!

People and companies have been leaving IL for several years now.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Aetna threatening to pull out of IL medicaid program over non-payment.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

"In the Illinois House, nearly one in three Republicans broke with their governor, supporting an income tax increase," Mackey says.

yes, repubs can be very stupid also, you don't raise alot of extra tax by cranking up rates, that only works if companies and people are not mobile
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

People and companies have been leaving IL for several years now.
Yep. Within 5 miles of my house there are at least 500 homes that were built as a result of the mass exodus from IL. Homes on the IL side of the river are selling (or more accurately listing) for 1/4 of the equivalent house on the IA side. The difference is that even with fairly rough property taxes in IA, you can still pay the same mortgage payment with taxes included for a house you pay twice as much for in IA. IL has a tiny state income tax but beats the crap out of homeowners, so this exodus is having an even larger impact on their problems.

The funny part about that deal is that it doesn't impact the biggest companies like Deere and Cat because they negotiated huge long term tax breaks a couple years ago because IA was wooing them.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

yes, repubs can be very stupid also, you don't raise alot of extra tax by cranking up rates, that only works if companies and people are not mobile
In IL if you don't play ball with Mike Madigan (leader of the state house) and his daughter Lisa (Atty General) you don't get your piece of the handouts. This has gone on because in the end Madigans knew from the beginning that he would get a budget that keeps all the payoffs to his benefactors and when the next election comes around the idiot voters would throw the governor out because "he took away their free stuff". The fact that the state's in financial ruin is not relevant to them because they are getting theirs and the people they owe are getting theirs.

They are confident that when it all falls apart we the people will end up bailing them out because IL is too big to fail.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

We should raise taxes on hicks then, because those necks won't leave the sticks no matter how much opportunity there is in the city. Guess you can't fix stupid and lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

We should raise taxes on hicks then, because those necks won't leave the sticks no matter how much opportunity there is in the city. Guess you can't fix stupid and lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only opportunity in the city is to be shot