Since seppaku is unlikely, how about this speech from

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Since seppaku is unlikely, how about this speech from

Post by oaktonhokie »

Mitchy McDonnell:

Ladies and gentlemen as you know the healthcare repeal and replace Bill has failed. At least for now.

That means I have failed.

I would like to apologize to my constituents in the great state of Kentucky, to Republicans everywhere, and to the American people for my inept failure to keep a promise made every year for seven years.

That being the case, I hereby offer my resignation as majority leader in the Senate to become affective at a time when a suitable replacement can take over.

Thank you.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Since seppaku is unlikely, how about this speech from

Post by HokieJoe »

oaktonhokie wrote:Mitchy McDonnell:

Ladies and gentlemen as you know the healthcare repeal and replace Bill has failed. At least for now.

That means I have failed.

I would like to apologize to my constituents in the great state of Kentucky, to Republicans everywhere, and to the American people for my inept failure to keep a promise made every year for seven years.

That being the case, I hereby offer my resignation as majority leader in the Senate to become affective at a time when a suitable replacement can take over.

Thank you.

I will gladly take that apology and resignation.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson