Looks like Trumps lunch today with the Senators

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Looks like Trumps lunch today with the Senators

Post by HokieHam »

Has caused them to rethink quitting on the healthcare bill. Apparently a procedural vote next week.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping they pass it just to make ip look like a dope with his new signature........ :mrgreen:

Here's some leadership for you........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Looks like Trumps lunch today with the Senators

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:Has caused them to rethink quitting on the healthcare bill. Apparently a procedural vote next week.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping they pass it just to make ip look like a dope with his new signature........ :mrgreen:

Got it.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Has caused them to rethink quitting on the healthcare bill. Apparently a procedural vote next week.

Got it.
Obummercare is not sustainble, if the dems had maybe read it before they voted for it they may have figured that out. It is hilarious watching the complete analysis of the new healthcare proposals but nobody even read Obummercare before they voted for it

And all that spot on CBO analysis of Obummercare, lets not forget that...... and everyone would be covered...oops
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.
Obummercare is not sustainble, if the dems had maybe read it before they voted for it they may have figured that out. It is hilarious watching the complete analysis of the new healthcare proposals but nobody even read Obummercare before they voted for it

And all that spot on CBO analysis of Obummercare, lets not forget that...... and everyone would be covered...oops
From their internal analysis in 2010 they knew it was unsustainable. That was okay because they wanted single payer national healthcare, but couldn't get/didn't have support for it at that time. But like a good dealer they got the low income/low info/low social segment of society hooked, and once hooked they knew they couldn't give it up.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Leftys like IP don't care about the people or health care...They just care about freebies that other folk pay for.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Attila T Hun wrote:Leftys like IP don't care about the people or health care...They just care about freebies that other folk pay for.
I don't pay taxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:Leftys like IP don't care about the people or health care...They just care about freebies that other folk pay for.
I don't pay taxes?

From a macro perspective, you're still a net drain (with some very rare exceptions) as you're childless. You're relying on other peoples' children to pay for your entitlements.

So yeah, you're looking for freebies.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't pay taxes?

From a macro perspective, you're still a net drain (with some very rare exceptions) as you're childless. You're relying on other peoples' children to pay for your entitlements.

Got it.

VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't pay taxes?

Lawyers pay a higher ratio of taxes-to-services-received than most other professions (for the simple fact that they don't receive need-based services and their salaries result in higher tax revenue). If a lawyer is receiving more value in services than the taxes they pay, it means that other professions are receiving still greater value in the services they receive compared to the taxes they pay.

Having children plays no role in the calculation unless you assume that future budgets won't be run as deficits (and thus that one's children will receive less services per taxes paid, thus 'making up' for their parents' receiving more per taxes paid).
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't pay taxes?

Lawyers pay a higher ratio of taxes-to-services-received than most other professions (for the simple fact that they don't receive need-based services and their salaries result in higher tax revenue). If a lawyer is receiving more value in services than the taxes they pay, it means that other professions are receiving still greater value in the services they receive compared to the taxes they pay.

Having children plays no role in the calculation unless you assume that future budgets won't be run as deficits (and thus that one's children will receive less services per taxes paid, thus 'making up' for their parents' receiving more per taxes paid).
Haaaahaaaaahaaaa.......... *breathe* ....hahahahaha....oh boy. You think?

You realize this is a thread about creating a massive new entitlement, right?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't pay taxes?

When SSA started, the ratio of payers to payees was ~16:1. Now, it's ~3:1. Having children increases the ratio. Not having children decreases the ratio.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't pay taxes?

When SSA started, the ratio of payers to payees was ~16:1. Now, it's ~3:1. Having children increases the ratio. Not having children decreases the ratio.
Yep. IP votes for a welfare state, but he's planning on everyone else's children to pay for it.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don't pay taxes?

Yep. IP votes for a welfare state, but he's planning on everyone else's children to pay for it.
Just your kids.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

The inverse of this, of course, is that children increase the burden of the state (education, police, etc)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:The inverse of this, of course, is that children increase the burden of the state (education, police, etc)
Only if they aren't productive, i.e. born into poverty
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:The inverse of this, of course, is that children increase the burden of the state (education, police, etc)

OTOH, they'll likely be net contributors. Why else would Europe be importing so many migrants?

(I don't know why I thought of this clip)
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson