USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Trump nominates Rick Perry as Energy Secretary

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Trump nominates Rick Perry as Energy Secretary

Post by awesome guy »

Trump is brilliant picking people to head the agencies the new heads hate. Put the screws to DC!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Let's just hope Rick doesn't forget the name of it again.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Let's just hope Rick doesn't forget the name of it again.
There's plenty of federal departments I'd like everyone to forget.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

[quote="HooFighter"][/quote]

Right, because all of those liberal academic Energy Secretaries have done such a 'great' job!

After years of mismanagement under their 'leadership,' we have virtually no energy policy in this country other than "oil and coal are bad, solar and wind are good." That's not a policy.

I'll give the governor of the Texas that has a proven track record of using natural resources to bring success to his state (i.e. real world experience) a try over all those failed utty professors.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

And BTW, Ernest Moniz looks like a pervert and certainly not someone I would trust my children with.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
burgrugby
Alma Mater: Hokie through and through
Party: Indy - leaning pub

Post by burgrugby »

You forgot the "mmmm-kay".

After years of mismanagement under their 'leadership,' we have virtually no energy policy in this country other than "oil and coal are bad, mmmm-kay; solar and wind are good."

I agree, I'm sick of so called intellectuals (professors) who think only in theory and have no real world experience.

I'm excited that Trump is bringing in business minds to help turn the Country around and not more elitist political hacks and institutionalists.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Right, because all of those liberal academic Energy Secretaries have done such a 'great' job!

After years of mismanagement under their 'leadership,' we have virtually no energy policy in this country other than "oil and coal are bad, solar and wind are good." That's not a policy.

I'll give the governor of the Texas that has a proven track record of using natural resources to bring success to his state (i.e. real world experience) a try over all those failed utty professors.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

[quote="HooFighter"][/quote]

Looks like Rick Perry was preceded by a lot of people who haven't held a real job, managed a staff, etc..
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Do you know what the main job of the Dept. of Energy is?

It's making sure the US nuclear energy assets and weapons are kept secure and safe. Something like 60% of the energy dept. resources are spent making sure we don't have a nuclear disaster. That's why scientists have been chosen.
miles

Post by miles »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

It's making sure the US nuclear energy assets and weapons are kept secure and safe. Something like 60% of the energy dept. resources are spent making sure we don't have a nuclear disaster. That's why scientists have been chosen.
Damn :!:, really :?: i did wonder why all those learned professor scientists previously appointed so fervently advocate green energy policy, picked winners and losers in the solar graft sweepstakes and preached climate change sermons. Thanks for the heads up. ;)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

You don't need professors or scientists for that. The Navy has a better track record than the DoE ... probably some A&M grads too.

Current Director of Naval Reactors is a Mech E with a MS in Operations Research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_F._Caldwell,_Jr.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

You don't need professors or scientists for that. The Navy has a better track record than the DoE ... probably some A&M grads too.

Current Director of Naval Reactors is a Mech E with a MS in Operations Research.

The DOE and the Navy work together on the navy nuclear assets, it's not a navy only job. And I'm not sure what you mean by a better track record.
Please explain.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

miles wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Damn :!:, really :?: i did wonder why all those learned professor scientists previously appointed so fervently advocate green energy policy, picked winners and losers in the solar graft sweepstakes and preached climate change sermons. Thanks for the heads up. ;)
Yes, we all know, you're constantly confused. It's amazing you're able to put your pants and tinfoil hat on every day.
miles

Post by miles »

HokieFanDC wrote:
miles wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Yes, we all know, you're constantly confused. It's amazing you're able to put your pants and tinfoil hat on every day.
Are you stiil blaming The evil Koch's and their billions for everything? :lol:
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Hoofighter sighting!!!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

miles wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
miles wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Are you stiil blaming The evil Koch's and their billions for everything? :lol:

I never blamed the Koch brothers for anything you moron.
miles

Post by miles »

It's making sure the US nuclear energy assets and weapons are kept secure and safe. Something like 60% of the energy dept. resources are spent making sure we don't have a nuclear disaster. That's why scientists have been chosen.[/quote]

Damn :!:, really :?: i did wonder why all those learned professor scientists previously appointed so fervently advocate green energy policy, picked winners and losers in the solar graft sweepstakes and preached climate change sermons. Thanks for the heads up. ;)[/quote]

Yes, we all know, you're constantly confused. It's amazing you're able to put your pants and tinfoil hat on every day.[/quote]
Are you stiil blaming The evil Koch's and their billions for everything? :lol:[/quote]

I never blamed the Koch brothers for anything you moron.[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoa :!: That's quite the Clintonian denial. :lol:
i confess to being technically challenged re dumpster diving for old UWS threads, but some parties to this thread, e.g. Awesome, Riverguy and USN can probably hook up your previous criticisms of the Kochs and their political influen$e.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote:Do you know what the main job of the Dept. of Energy is?

Damn :!:, really :?: i did wonder why all those learned professor scientists previously appointed so fervently advocate green energy policy, picked winners and losers in the solar graft sweepstakes and preached climate change sermons. Thanks for the heads up. ;)[/quote]

Yes, we all know, you're constantly confused. It's amazing you're able to put your pants and tinfoil hat on every day.[/quote]
Are you stiil blaming The evil Koch's and their billions for everything? :lol:[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i confess to being technically challenged re dumpster diving for old UWS threads, but some parties to this thread, e.g. Awesome, Riverguy and USN can probably hook up your previous criticisms of the Kochs and their political influen$e.[/quote]

You should apologize to HokieFanDC.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
miles

Post by miles »

:shock: :o :cry: :roll: :arrow: :) :lol:
:P
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

miles wrote:Do you know what the main job of the Dept. of Energy is?

i confess to being technically challenged re dumpster diving for old UWS threads, but some parties to this thread, e.g. Awesome, Riverguy and USN can probably hook up your previous criticisms of the Kochs and their political influen$e.[/quote]

I hate many forms of political influence, and is not limited to the Kochs. But disliking political influence is not even remotely close to blaming the Kochs for something. You're simply, as you are almost every time you post something in response to something I wrote.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Y'all need to fix yer quote boxes...or, apologize like IP always sez
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:Y'all need to fix yer quote boxes...or, apologize like IP always sez
I'm not fixing miles mistakes. It's a bad precedent, considering the sheer volume of things I'd have to fix. But, you're right, miles should apologize for that also.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

LOL
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

The DOE and the Navy work together on the navy nuclear assets, it's not a navy only job. And I'm not sure what you mean by a better track record.
Please explain.
1. Ok, and? They each still have their own responsibilities. Naval Reactors just has another cabinet secretary to answer to.
2. Better safety record - Nuclear Reactors is essentially the model for all safety programs (including NASA).
3. The idea that being a professor or scientist is somehow a requirement for a cabinet-level bureaucrat is ridiculous.