So does anybody find it curious?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

So does anybody find it curious?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

that our President is trolling his AG pick because he recused himself from the Russia investigation?

It would seem unprecedented. Yet no mention on here? Do we not like Sessions anymore? Is he no longer a Patriot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: So does anybody find it curious?

Post by USN_Hokie »

I suppose you have some empirical evidence to support that?

I like Sessions, but I've been clear and consistent that recusing himself was a big mistake.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:I suppose you have some empirical evidence to support that?

I like Sessions, but I've been clear and consistent that recusing himself was a big mistake.
Well no, Cap'n. I haven't analyzed 240 years of presidential politics to see if a President has trolled his AG on Twitter. Point awarded to the Cap'n.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Well no, Cap'n. I haven't analyzed 240 years of presidential politics to see if a President has trolled his AG on Twitter. Point awarded to the Cap'n.

I was actually speaking in regards to the second assumption....but that too.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I see. Well if people still support Sessions, it's surprising they wouldn't comment on the public manner in which his boss is humiliating him.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I see. Well if people still support Sessions, it's surprising they wouldn't comment on the public manner in which his boss is humiliating him.
How is he being humiliated? You may be right, but I hope you understand my skepticism from the side who thinks a job is humiliation.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:that our President is trolling his AG pick because he recused himself from the Russia investigation?

It would seem unprecedented. Yet no mention on here? Do we not like Sessions anymore? Is he no longer a Patriot?

My take on this admin:
I don't really like theDonald, but.... wow! Is he ever lightyears better than the alternative would have been. Had she been elected, kiss this country good bye. So, I'm willing to tolerate some of his.."peculiarities".
He trolled Sessions, and voila'! Sessions makes a few announcements. I like Sessions quite a bit. HOWEVER... I'm disappointed that we've seen relative inaction from Justice so far. His recusal wasn't surprising to me.

The "russia-rrussia-russia" thing is absurd. Completely.
Want to investigate russian influence? Look back at the prior admin

For that matter, if moves were to be made against Clinton, Inc., you'd see a large swath of America rejoice.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:that our President is trolling his AG pick because he recused himself from the Russia investigation?

My take on this admin:
I don't really like theDonald, but.... wow! Is he ever lightyears better than the alternative would have been. Had she been elected, kiss this country good bye. So, I'm willing to tolerate some of his.."peculiarities".
He trolled Sessions, and voila'! Sessions makes a few announcements. I like Sessions quite a bit. HOWEVER... I'm disappointed that we've seen relative inaction from Justice so far. His recusal wasn't surprising to me.

For that matter, if moves were to be made against Clinton, Inc., you'd see a large swath of America rejoice.
Maybe this Russia thing is a big witch hunt Trump and his appointees are not acting that way. If it's no big deal why did they not disclose meeting with foreign nationals from Russia for a security clearance. It's a pretty routine thing. Hell, when you have a top secret security clearance you are supposed to fill out a form any time you meet someone that is a foreign national. They are acting like I would expect someone that is guilty to act.

The same goes for the Trump/Sessions outrage which has something to do with him recusing himself form the investigation. If there is nothing then let them find nothing. It just seems odd.

And the usual's can just ignore my post or at least note that at no point in my post did I say there was collusion between Russia and Trump.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Yes, watching the MSM you would think donald threw flaming bags of poo at Sessions.... IN REALITY, he is tired of the Russia bullshirt and rightfully so wonders with all the balogney about Russia why isn't the known crimes the prior admin executed how come nothing is coming of that. He is pissed at the recusal as you now have a special prosecutor running around trying to find a crime, any crime where there is nothing at all to the Russia crap and there never should have been a special prosecutor brought in to investigate nothing. Different admin, much more straight forward then the last 8 years so I understand your angst.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Maybe this Russia thing is a big witch hunt Trump and his appointees are not acting that way. If it's no big deal why did they not disclose meeting with foreign nationals from Russia for a security clearance. It's a pretty routine thing. Hell, when you have a top secret security clearance you are supposed to fill out a form any time you meet someone that is a foreign national. They are acting like I would expect someone that is guilty to act.

The same goes for the Trump/Sessions outrage which has something to do with him recusing himself form the investigation. If there is nothing then let them find nothing. It just seems odd.

And the usual's can just ignore my post or at least note that at no point in my post did I say there was collusion between Russia and Trump.
would you be thrilled if someone with a staff of people that were with the other side during the election running around trying to find anything to nail you with? When there is nothing to start with.

As for meetings, the same ones that have been going on in every admin? those meetings?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

I think:

Sessions is a good man
Sessions recusing himself was stupid
Trump has a right to be upset with Sessions on numerous issues- not just the recusal
Trump shouldn't be airing dirty laundry on Twitter
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Splinter/board in eye.

What some are howling over now, but were so ready to dismiss over the last 9 years is a stark contrast.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

This discussion probably belongs in the other thread, but...

...your statements have little relation to reality. None of his actions seem improper in the correct context. You make it sound as if he was trying to hide meetings and only added them when caught... nothing could be further from the truth.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

would you be thrilled if someone with a staff of people that were with the other side during the election running around trying to find anything to nail you with? When there is nothing to start with.

As for meetings, the same ones that have been going on in every admin? those meetings?
The ones that weren't disclosed on a security clearance. Meetings and friends that are foreign are part of a security clearance. Why lie or withhold information from a security clearance if there is nothing to hide?
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Splinter/board in eye.

What some are howling over now, but were so ready to dismiss over the last 9 years is a stark contrast.
Not my point at all. I don't care about the meetings, never said I did. Please re-read.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
You do, actually. You've never had a top secret clearance.
People who know, know.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I have been waiting for the left to applaud trump. Recall that the left hated sessions. He is a racist and an evil man.

Do you find it curious that the left is now condemning the president for saying 1/100 of the bad things they themselves said about him five months ago?

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Nope and I have a TS clearance. Hilarious that you think you need to report taking a cab driven by a foreign national. That should be a clue that you're in kookoo land.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

My take on this admin:

Nope and I have a TS clearance. Hilarious that you think you need to report taking a cab driven by a foreign national. That should be a clue that you're in kookoo land.
Life-style poly? I found this out while selling an extra Nats ticket with friends about 10 years ago.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote: My take on this admin:

Life-style poly? I found this out while selling an extra Nats ticket with friends about 10 years ago.
Do you still think you need to report the cab ride?
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

oaktonhokie wrote:I have been waiting for the left to applaud trump. Recall that the left hated sessions. He is a racist and an evil man.

Do you find it curious that the left is now condemning the president for saying 1/100 of the bad things they themselves said about him five months ago?

I hope he gets fired.

I understand why Trump is being criticized because he is acting like the douche that he is. The press is not used to seeing someone trash their appointees publicly a few months after appointing.
People who know, know.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh...it wouldn't be Washington DC w/o the drama and we all know that drama drives Washington DC.

It's just fuel for the fire. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

So you don't have the lifestyle poly? That explains it.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Think that through, your Afghani Uber driver picks you up and you have to report contact? You Unusual people just don't know what you're talking about.
So you don't have the lifestyle poly? That explains it.
Lifestyle poly isn't part of TS. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.