Its actually a good thing the "skinny" repeal failed, it

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Its actually a good thing the "skinny" repeal failed, it

Post by cwtcr hokie »

would have just effed up the insurance market more. But let it fail, it is on its way
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Its actually a good thing the "skinny" repeal failed, it

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Correct. Just more Trump winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Its actually a good thing the

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Correct. Just more Trump winning.

good idiot response, great conversation
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Step closer to single payer, unfortunately, by not bringing a real bill to the floor.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Step closer to single payer, unfortunately, by not bringing a real bill to the floor.

for you own sake you better hope not
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Step closer to single payer, unfortunately, by not bringing a real bill to the floor.

Yep, anyone who is still pushing single payer is not paying attention:

1) Charlie Gard
2) NHS announcing that they will not treat smokers or obese persons
3) More issues with waiting times in Canada and Great Britain
4) More VA issues coming to light (CNN published a report that billions spent on the system after the wait time scandal actually made some things worse)
5) France, despite having universal health care, had 26% of their patients forego care due to financial concerns. The "social security" system now eats up so much of their budget they are looking to have the complementary private market make up the difference, but they will charge acturial valid premiums which will result in "unequal" care.
6) Activists in Germany are trying to make private health insurance illegal, because it so much better than the universal coverage it is "unequal".
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
4) More VA issues coming to light (CNN published a report that billions spent on the system after the wait time scandal actually made some things worse)
5) France, despite having universal health care, had 26% of their patients forego care due to financial concerns. The "social security" system now eats up so much of their budget they are looking to have the complementary private market make up the difference, but they will charge acturial valid premiums which will result in "unequal" care.
6) Activists in Germany are trying to make private health insurance illegal, because it so much better than the universal coverage it is "unequal".
I'm sure McCain went to through the VA for his tumor treatment...didn't he?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Do you have a source for #2, #5?
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
not sure why this is hard to figure out, does medicare work really well? No, massive fraud, to have good care you have to buy a supplemental policy THRU INSURANCE COMPANIES, does VA care work well? No

WE have real world examples in the USA, never mind the issues in actual single payer countries
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

VisorBoy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... se-smokers

http://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2017/05/08/dan ... -policies/
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
People who know, know.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
I don't understand what point you are making.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
Charlie Gard happens in the U.S. It's a function of treatment being really expensive and no one wanting to pay for it.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
not sure why this is hard to figure out, does medicare work really well? No, massive fraud, to have good care you have to buy a supplemental policy THRU INSURANCE COMPANIES, does VA care work well? No

WE have real world examples in the USA, never mind the issues in actual single payer countries
Medicare covers just about everything. Supplemental insurance (Medi-Gap) is just that, a secondary policy to cover those amounts that Medicare doesn't. In the end, the two combined leave a senior with limited OOP expense.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
Charlie Gard happens in the U.S. It's a function of treatment being really expensive and no one wanting to pay for it.
No it doesn't, the government doesn't force sick people to die in America. I'm sure you'll claim to be right regardless.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
Schiavo had nothing to do with expense- it was all about quality of life.

Charlie Gard's parents wanted to try a last ditch desperate treatment that was already paid for.

Not anything alike...
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote: I'm sure McCain went to through the VA for his tumor treatment...didn't he?
Ha....

Mayo Clinic hospital in Phoenix, AZ.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:No it doesn't, the government doesn't force sick people to die in America. I'm sure you'll claim to be right regardless.
Death panels!!!!!

Yes, if the government (or insurance company) rejects the treatment. The UK was of the opinion that the treatment wouldn't help. Insurance companies and medicare make that judgement constantly.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
I agree, those decisions are made all the time, from what I have read of single payer I would prefer the insurance model
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1) Charlie Gard
Terri Shiavo anyone?
No it doesn't, the government doesn't force sick people to die in America. I'm sure you'll claim to be right regardless.[/quote]

insurance companies do tho, the difference in the Gard case was the UK gov. took the parental rights away more or less
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:No it doesn't, the government doesn't force sick people to die in America. I'm sure you'll claim to be right regardless.
Death panels!!!!!

Yes, if the government (or insurance company) rejects the treatment. The UK was of the opinion that the treatment wouldn't help. Insurance companies and medicare make that judgement constantly.
They don't ban getting help via the private system unlike the UK.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
I agree, those decisions are made all the time, from what I have read of single payer I would prefer the insurance model
You're stupid... just kidding :D . That's a reasonable opinion. I agree in a nuanced way. I think the U.S. should do a better job with cost/benefit analysis in terms of what you get for a treatment. That would give insurance better information in what to approve/not approve.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote: insurance companies do tho, the difference in the Gard case was the UK gov. took the parental rights away more or less
The U.S. will as well:
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2009/09/0 ... with-chemo
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
Death panels!!!!!

No.