Giant LGBT LOVE artwork to be part of Steppin Out in

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Giant LGBT LOVE artwork to be part of Steppin Out in

Post by oaktonhokie »

blacksburg next month.

Downtown blacksburg, inc is sponsoring the giant art work, to promote tourism. "Visitors are encouraged to take a picture in front of the artwork and share it on Facebook..."

To promote tourism.

So far nothing about black lies matter, CAIR, NOW, or antifa displays.

Blacksburg becoming just another liberal college town. Pity.

From an article in The News Messenger, www.ourvaley.org.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Giant LGBT LOVE artwork to be part of Steppin Out in

Post by USN_Hokie »

Still trying to figure out how this promotes tourism. Wild guess...they need to say that to get "free" money for it.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Still trying to figure out how this promotes tourism. Wild guess...they need to say that to get "free" money for it.
You don't understand how public art promotes tourism?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Still trying to figure out how this promotes tourism. Wild guess...they need to say that to get "free" money for it.

Divisive social issues usually aren't the best format to appeal to the largest audience.

To put it in terms you can better grasp, it would be like a gentrified apartment building in the Bronx hoping to attract white yuppies putting black people in their ad literature. Not going to work well at attracting racist white transplants from South of the Mason Dixon. :mrgreen:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Divisive social issues usually aren't the best format to appeal to the largest audience.

To put it in terms you can better grasp, it would be like a gentrified apartment building in the Bronx hoping to attract white yuppies putting black people in their ad literature. Not going to work well at attracting racist white transplants from South of the Mason Dixon. :mrgreen:
It's only divisive the far-right socially conservative fringe. Not divisive to the mainstream. Just says the word "Love"

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

It's only divisive the far-right socially conservative fringe. Not divisive to the mainstream. Just says the word "Love"

LGWTFBBQ Love. Non unusual folks don't feel the need to virtue signal by having their picture taken next to that crap and spamming it on social media.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

LGWTFBBQ Love. Non unusual folks don't feel the need to virtue signal by having their picture taken next to that crap and spamming it on social media.

OK. Stay pissed.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

"Love" can be a triggering word to The Usuals.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

IP and Nolan...Let's get a picture of you two holding hands in front of the exhibit.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote: "Love" can be a triggering word to The Usuals.

A usual's love is very different from that of an unusual.