Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: College suspends students who blocked free speech

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote::idea: :o

What a novel concept.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... =hootsuite
Gyamfi said that Mac Donald’s free speech was not limited in any way, in that she was able to give her talk online. "What free speech rights did the students prevent? Did they jump up in her speech? Did they grab her and pull her aside? She could talk all day long." Asked about the students who wanted to hear Mac Donald, Gyamfi said that "there is no right to hear someone speak."

I guessed she missed the day they covered "right to peaceably assemble" in her First Amendment class.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:

What a novel concept.

Gyamfi said that Mac Donald’s free speech was not limited in any way, in that she was able to give her talk online. "What free speech rights did the students prevent? Did they jump up in her speech? Did they grab her and pull her aside? She could talk all day long." Asked about the students who wanted to hear Mac Donald, Gyamfi said that "there is no right to hear someone speak."

I guessed she missed the day they covered "right to peaceably assemble" in her First Amendment class.
WTF is wrong with you?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

What a novel concept.

Good. All colleges need to crack down on these spoiled brats throwing a fit.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

What a novel concept.

WTF is wrong with you?
If you actually took the time to read and understand what I've posted I am in agreement with the college's decision. Additionally, I was questioning the qualifications of the woman quoted, who was defending the students. If you didn't have such a huge stick up your ass about anything I said, you'd have noticed that my position was likely 100% in line with yours regarding this issue. Look back in the article and read about Gyamfi, who is the target of my post.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

What a novel concept.

WTF is wrong with you?
If you actually took the time to read and understand what I've posted I am in agreement with the college's decision. Additionally, I was questioning the qualifications of the woman quoted, who was defending the students. If I weren't a huge jackass, you'd have noticed that my position was likely 100% in line with yours regarding this issue. Look back in the article and read about Gyamfi, who is the target of my post.
FTFY
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

What a novel concept.

WTF is wrong with you?
If you actually took the time to read and understand what I've posted I am in agreement with the college's decision. Additionally, I was questioning the qualifications of the woman quoted, who was defending the students. If I weren't a huge jackass, you'd have noticed that my position was likely 100% in line with yours regarding this issue. Look back in the article and read about Gyamfi, who is the target of my post.
FTFY
However you want to interpret it, I'm impressed you're admitting you had no effing clue what my post was in reference to since you didn't read the article. HINT: you probably could have picked up the context in reading the quote.

In either event, you looked really stupid.

Granted, that's not exactly news in these parts, but true nonetheless.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:

What a novel concept.

"Throwing a fit" is fine so long as you don't violate school policy (e.g. physically blocking an assembly from taking place). So long as students protest civilly, no problem.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

What a novel concept.

WTF is wrong with you?
FTFY
However you want to interpret it, I'm impressed you're admitting you had no effing clue what my post was in reference to since you didn't read the article. HINT: you probably could have picked up the context in reading the quote.

In either event, you looked really stupid.

Granted, that's not exactly news in these parts, but true nonetheless.
You quoted it stupidly and made your point poorly, that makes you look stupid. Your last reply makes you look stupid. It's a pattern.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

What a novel concept.

"Throwing a fit" is fine so long as you don't violate school policy (e.g. physically blocking an assembly from taking place). So long as students protest civilly, no problem.
What I said was correct
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:You quoted it stupidly and made your point poorly, that makes you look stupid. Your last reply makes you look stupid. It's a pattern.
I suppose what you said made sense to you. As for the rest of us, we'll all chalk this up to yet another mistake you can't admit to making.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You quoted it stupidly and made your point poorly, that makes you look stupid. Your last reply makes you look stupid. It's a pattern.
I suppose what you said made sense to you. As for the rest of us, we'll all chalk this up to yet another mistake you can't admit to making.
You post like a retard, color me shocked.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

New drinking game: take a shot each time AG calls someone a retard, and a double shot when he does so when he's so obviously wrong in its use.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:New drinking game: take a shot each time AG calls someone a retard, and a double shot when he does so when he's so obviously wrong in its use.
Derp
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:New drinking game: take a shot each time AG calls someone a retard, and a double shot when he does so when he's so obviously wrong in its use.
Are you trying to kill people? The guy can't let ANY post go without a comment that qualifies. Multiple times. His reflex time in responding is impressive. As much as he says he fishes, somehow he's figured out how to post from his kayak. Averaging twenty times per day. We should all applaud his effort but we shouldn't drink to it. My liver sustained enough damage in Blacksburg. Sorry, I just can't go there.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Are you trying to kill people? The guy can't let ANY post go without a comment that qualifies. Multiple times. His reflex time in responding is impressive. As much as he says he fishes, somehow he's figured out how to post from his kayak. Averaging twenty times per day. We should all applaud his effort but we shouldn't drink to it. My liver sustained enough damage in Blacksburg. Sorry, I just can't go there.
You retards aren't capable of determining what's true and what's not. Go back to your gossip chamber.