Bible Studies at the White House

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Bible Studies at the White House

Post by Major Kong »

Bastards :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

The evangelical NeverTrumpers supported a guy that would be having Book of Mormon study groups.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

They've been called the most evangelical Cabinet in history – men and women who don't mince words when it comes to where they stand on God and the Bible.
Our most evangelical Cabinet and our least evangelical President.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
They've been called the most evangelical Cabinet in history – men and women who don't mince words when it comes to where they stand on God and the Bible.
That was Obama
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:That was Obama
Well, that's hard to say. I was thinking Jefferson would be the best contender for the title. I think Jefferson is our only President who did not claim to be a Christian of any sort ... and of course Jefferson was adulterous - kinda like another President with Jefferson in his name.

Obama is a loving family man and is faithful to his wife. He claims to be a Christian, although obviously he was famously a member of a very much anti-Christian church, and did Christians no favors during his regime. But still, if we're ordering Presidents, he at least has to come above Jefferson and Nixon.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
Well, that's hard to say. I was thinking Jefferson would be the best contender for the title. I think Jefferson is our only President who did not claim to be a Christian of any sort ... and of course Jefferson was adulterous - kinda like another President with Jefferson in his name.

Obama is a loving family man and is faithful to his wife. He claims to be a Christian, although obviously he was famously a member of a very much anti-Christian church, and did Christians no favors during his regime. But still, if we're ordering Presidents, he at least has to come above Jefferson and Nixon.
Obama's faithfulness comes from the mouth of liars. Not saying he's unfaithful, saying those making the claim are liars. He's obviously no Christian by association and deeds.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
Moses could come down Mt. Sinai with "Trump is a good Christian" carved in a stone tablet and inlaid with the blood of Christ, and you would still be pissed and call Trump the antichrist. Is there anything which would make you like Trump, or do you consider him irredeemable?

If Trump didn't want this happening in the White House, it wouldn't. Beyond that, I'm not one to question how someone practices their faith and I'm not sure how it's any concern for anyone else. You should be content that he not only tolerates, but fosters an environment where this can occur.

Or, you could vote for someone who wears magic underwear and considers a polygamist who dug up gold plates (swearsies) in Ohio a prophet.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Moses could come down Mt. Sinai with "Trump is a good Christian" carved in a stone tablet and inlaid with the blood of Christ, and you would still be pissed and call Trump the antichrist. Is there anything which would make you like Trump, or do you consider him irredeemable?

If Trump didn't want this happening in the White House, it wouldn't. Beyond that, I'm not one to question how someone practices their faith and I'm not sure how it's any concern for anyone else. You should be content that he not only tolerates, but fosters an environment where this can occur.

Or, you could vote for someone who wears magic underwear and considers a polygamist who dug up gold plates (swearsies) in Ohio a prophet.
New York is where the polygamist "found" the gold plates.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:do you consider him irredeemable
So long as a man is alive, he has the opportunity to trust Jesus as Lord and Savior.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:

I don't think TJ is anywhere near to top of the least religious president list. Frankly, he's gotten a bum rap IMO. He attended and donated to local churches, and studied the Bible more than most Presidents have I would argue.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

I don't think TJ is anywhere near to top of the least religious president list. Frankly, he's gotten a bum rap IMO. He attended and donated to local churches, and studied the Bible more than most Presidents have I would argue.
Nixon was very religious as well, a practicing Quaker.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Nixon was very religious as well, a practicing Quaker.
You're right.

Hell, JFK was banging underage girls at the White house and then pimping them off to cabinet members. But, he went to Mass on Sundays so I guess its all good.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
So long as a man is alive, he has the opportunity to trust Jesus as Lord and Savior.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20
1. How would you judge that? (I was asking for your judgment, not God's.)

2. I meant redeemable as a President, not a Christian - unless you consider them one in the same.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

I expect the ACLU and other organizations will be protesting a religious gathering in a publicly funded building.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
That was Obama
It's kind of humorous to claim Obama was more Christian than Trump after reading any single center-left (Obama supporters) article on this topic.
The Diabolical Plot Behind Trump Cabinet’s Weekly Prayer and Bible Lessons

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/04/22/ ... ssons.html
I like the closing sentence :

"But combined with a concerted effort, apparently with Trump’s blessing, to spread Christian fundamentalism throughout the halls of power and Trump’s Cabinet, Americans should be terrified, not skeptical because this is real and it is happening now."

The article makes it sound like their using snake healers or doing occult rituals with runes in the oval office.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:I expect the ACLU and other organizations will be protesting a religious gathering in a publicly funded building.
Doubt it. Bible studies were held in the WH during Bush years, and I'm pretty sure under Carter also. As long as they don't pressure people to go to them, and allow other religious affiliations to do so, not a problem.
It's also pretty much the entire purpose of Drollinger's company, Capitol Ministries. Drollinger has a pretty cool history, BTW.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:I expect the ACLU and other organizations will be protesting a religious gathering in a publicly funded building.
Doubt it. Bible studies were held in the WH during Bush years, and I'm pretty sure under Carter also. As long as they don't pressure people to go to them, and allow other religious affiliations to do so, not a problem.
It's also pretty much the entire purpose of Drollinger's company, Capitol Ministries. Drollinger has a pretty cool history, BTW.
...and trannies weren't allowed in the military last year. Also, Presidents with "D"s after their name only can set immigration policy. What do facts or history have to do with the law for liberals?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
...and trannies weren't allowed in the military last year. Also, Presidents with "D"s after their name only can set immigration policy. What do facts or history have to do with the law for liberals?
I don't understand this post (in relation to this thread, but agree in general!).
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: ...and trannies weren't allowed in the military last year. Also, Presidents with "D"s after their name only can set immigration policy. What do facts or history have to do with the law for liberals?
I don't understand this post (in relation to this thread, but agree in general!).
Not sure it needs any explanation, unless you're trying to bait me into saying the same thing 100 different ways so you can take issue with the definition of a word.

Liberals generally ignore the law/precedent when it's not convenient. That past presidents had Bible studies is as immaterial as it is that past law forbade gay marriage (a "right" extrapolated to oblivion).

To butcher a great quote from Scalia: "Life is great when you believe in a living constitution (ie: liberal judge). Every day, you go home and tell your spouse that the law was exactly what you wanted it to be."
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: ...and trannies weren't allowed in the military last year. Also, Presidents with "D"s after their name only can set immigration policy. What do facts or history have to do with the law for liberals?
Not sure it needs any explanation, unless you're trying to bait me into saying the same thing 100 different ways so you can take issue with the definition of a word.

Liberals generally ignore the law/precedent when it's not convenient. That past presidents had Bible studies is as immaterial as it is that past law forbade gay marriage (a "right" extrapolated to oblivion).

To butcher a great quote from Scalia: "Life is great when you believe in a living constitution (ie: liberal judge). Every day, you go home and tell your spouse that the law was exactly what you wanted it to be."
I'm just wondering why you posted an anti-liberal rant in a thread that was lib-free. It just seems out of place.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote:

Taken in context, He is not talking about unsaved people here.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Cool. Wicans have the green room on Thursdays at midnight.