CALEXIT ballot initiative derp train gaining steam.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: CALEXIT ballot initiative derp train gaining steam.

Post by HokieJoe »

Dear Cali: How can I help?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

Didn't 600,000 Americans die about 150 years ago to determine states aren't allowed to exit this union? I mean, I'm all for states choosing to leave, but I think the War of Northern Aggression made this issue “settled science,” did it not?
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Hokie CPA wrote:Didn't 600,000 Americans die about 150 years ago to determine states aren't allowed to exit this union? I mean, I'm all for states choosing to leave, but I think the War of Northern Aggression made this issue “settled science,” did it not?
Especially when it's just a childish Caliniption conniption fit.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Hokie CPA wrote:Didn't 600,000 Americans die about 150 years ago to determine states aren't allowed to exit this union? I mean, I'm all for states choosing to leave, but I think the War of Northern Aggression made this issue “settled science,” did it not?
Everywhere but Cali, Texas, and Oklahoma.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Shh. Please don't tell them - let them leave.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I don't mind if they succeed, good luck to them.

pssst kali, when the big one happens and half the state falls off into the pacific don't even bother calling us
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

That war settled that conflict. The constitution remains.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

133743Hokie wrote:
That war settled that conflict. The constitution remains.
That conflict was about whether a state or group of states may secede from the Union. A lot of people like to say it was about slavery, but that didn't become the issue until they'd been fighting for three years already. Lincoln invaded the CSA to preserve the Union and that's all.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.