I have mixed feelings about the military tranny issue ...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

I have mixed feelings about the military tranny issue ...

Post by BigDave »

I certainly don't want to open the floodgates to people joining the military just to get a transgender surgery, but if the surgery was off the table and it was made clear that people who want to play dressup will be held to the same standards as everyone else, I don't know how much I would care.

Still, though, regardless of anyone's opinions on the subject, you cannot have the leadership of the military openly defying the President. The President is the Commander in Chief and to refuse his order is insubordination.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... dsmen.html
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
133743Hokie

Re: I have mixed feelings about the military tranny issue ..

Post by 133743Hokie »

I don't think Trump has officially given an order though. A tweet is not a formal directive IMO, and apparently in the opinion of those in charge in the military.

I agree that it isn't the place of the military (i.e. taxpayers) to provide gender transformation surgery. If you are trans and want to serve in the military then you have to meet and adhere to the general regulations.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:I certainly don't want to open the floodgates to people joining the military just to get a transgender surgery, but if the surgery was off the table and it was made clear that people who want to play dressup will be held to the same standards as everyone else, I don't know how much I would care.

Still, though, regardless of anyone's opinions on the subject, you cannot have the leadership of the military openly defying the President. The President is the Commander in Chief and to refuse his order is insubordination.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... dsmen.html
yes people reacted in the expected way, he sent a tweet, I don't really think that is an official order (not sure how you could make a procedure in 140 characters anyways, I guess lots of emojis?)

They have to actually work out the details tho
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

1. They have a clinical disorder ("dysphoria") of the mind and are mentally unstable. See 40+% suicide rate. War and deployments are already stressful (I've seen folks crack) ; introducing someone who's already mentally unstable to a combat zone is flat out irresponsible.

2. There is no "right" to be in the military. National security is one area where PC should never apply.

3. Taking a man and pumping him full of female hormones, giving him fake tits, does not make him a better soldier/sailor. On the flip said, taking a woman and pumping her full of testosterone results in a woman who is still less effective than a man.

4. Lol, Coast Guard. I think he's playing off the technicality that a tweet isn't a direct order, but this is still insubordination. Hope he dusted off his resume.