Bless Trump's Heart

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

Re: Bless Trump's Heart

Post by fatman »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:I think all you partisans stress too much about these candidates. I don't think it makes a huge difference in my daily life if Obama, Hillary, or Trump is POTUS. The economy is on basically the same trajectory as it was during Obama's admin(unemployment is ticking up just slightly in recent measures, but it is a small increase) and I think it would have been on a very similar path with Hillary in office. I find Hillary very hard to listen to on TV and Trump is simply the most amusing President to follow during my lifetime.

I'm not sure what else Trump has up his sleeve, but if he has anything better than this Mooch guy in the works, I'll be impressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le0Q4AzcGjA
what about solar tho?

You are wrong on the same as if Thunder thighs won, part of the optimism that is bouying the stock market and the consumer confidence is that the gov. will decrease and be less intrusive in our lives. Of course we are seeing the true DC in congress but I expected that
Trump's energy policy is pathetic, but as I've said he is irrelevant. Industry moves forward without leadership in this country.

We are in one of the longest bull markets in history, a nice continuation of the trend that started 8 years ago. Same with the decline in unemployment, etc. Trump is more fun than Hillary, so I'm good.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

fatman wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Warning, John Olver is inside that link. Bless FatTroll's heart.
I think you mean, "hilarious John Oliver video inside the link."

Also, I'm highly amused by H2 toying with you in this thread. That is an unexpected bonus.
Nope, I was correct. Keep trolling.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Obummer was based on 8 years, we will have to wait to compare apples to apples
Agree, it's a stupid. But it's stupid to think the jobs numbers or GDP growth under Trump is great but bad under Obama. They're identical.
Obama was .5, Trump is 1.2. Not sure why you keep calling them identical.
You're looking at an old article (look at the date). GDP growth right from the source.

2016 is 0.6% in Q2, compared to 0.6% in 2017. Q1 2016 is 0.1% vs. 0.3% in 2017.
I'm pretty sure you're looking at Quarterly growth, and AG is looking at annual growth.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Obummer was based on 8 years, we will have to wait to compare apples to apples
Agree, it's a stupid. But it's stupid to think the jobs numbers or GDP growth under Trump is great but bad under Obama. They're identical.
You're looking at an old article (look at the date). GDP growth right from the source.

I'm pretty sure you're looking at Quarterly growth, and AG is looking at annual growth.
One would think, but annualized Q2 is over 2%
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

One would think, but annualized Q2 is over 2%
True, but the article AG linked was talking about annual growth, and the numbers you gave were quarterly.
They've revised the numbers several times, but that still doesn't change that you're talking quarters, AG talking annual.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

fatman wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:I think all you partisans stress too much about these candidates. I don't think it makes a huge difference in my daily life if Obama, Hillary, or Trump is POTUS. The economy is on basically the same trajectory as it was during Obama's admin(unemployment is ticking up just slightly in recent measures, but it is a small increase) and I think it would have been on a very similar path with Hillary in office. I find Hillary very hard to listen to on TV and Trump is simply the most amusing President to follow during my lifetime.

I'm not sure what else Trump has up his sleeve, but if he has anything better than this Mooch guy in the works, I'll be impressed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le0Q4AzcGjA
what about solar tho?

You are wrong on the same as if Thunder thighs won, part of the optimism that is bouying the stock market and the consumer confidence is that the gov. will decrease and be less intrusive in our lives. Of course we are seeing the true DC in congress but I expected that
Trump's energy policy is pathetic, but as I've said he is irrelevant. Industry moves forward without leadership in this country.

We are in one of the longest bull markets in history, a nice continuation of the trend that started 8 years ago. Same with the decline in unemployment, etc. Trump is more fun than Hillary, so I'm good.
I will agree with one thing you said....industry moves forward without leadership...thus the fact that despite every effort by Obummer and his cronies to force money into the hands of their politically connected pals through their energy give-aways pretending to be an energy policy, development of oil resources and natural gas resources boomed. Proving once again that government policy is no match for profit motive, which will eventually overcome any and all headwinds put in place by corrupt pols and their benefactors.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.